Old 08-21-2009, 10:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/190

Height: 5'9"

Default I think I'm in shock!

I saw a full body picture of myself, standing next to my best college friend & both our husbands. Seriously - I look like that?!! I want to cry! I see myself every day, but not full length, & not next to others. I have been in such denial; even though I really know I need to lose 100+ lbs, this is the first time I REALLY see how I look. I am so scared - can I do it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lance Georgia Shawn Beth.jpg (42.5 KB, 193 views)
bcort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:15 PM   #2  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Of course you can do it!

Look at how many people on these boards have achieved it and are achieving it! If we can do it, you can too!
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:17 PM   #3  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Pictures are real eye-openers, aren't they?

In answer to your question, YES, you absolutely, positively, CAN do this! Lots of folk around her are losing/have lost amazing amounts of weight. Hang around her - it really does help!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:25 PM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

You can do it!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:02 PM   #5  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Maybe I've got reverse body dismorphic disorder, on behalf of others ()....because I don't think you look bad at all! I would have guessed that you weigh less than me by quite a bit, and you've got really nice legs too!

And you can absolutely do this!!! I'm trying to convince myself that I can too, after so many past failures

I hate pictures of myself most of the time

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 291/159.8/150

Height: 5' 6"

Smile

Yes you CAN do this! I am going to do this too!

I find it a lot of help coming here and reading the many posts by others who are also doing it and those who have already done it! We are not alone!
fjcinzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

We are all here for each other. We are each others' cheerleaders. We will do it.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:40 PM   #8  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Oh you can TOTALLY do it! It's just a matter of seriously putting your mind to it and not letting up for any reason. Be tenacious. And be sure to use us!!!!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:55 PM   #9  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

You can do this! welcome
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:46 AM   #10  

Sure you can do it! good luck!
kbbaybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:39 AM   #11  
Keto on!

S/C/G: 256/200/180

Height: 5'6

You can do this!! You have all of us here to help. You've made a great first step in posting here and seeing what you need to do. I completely understand the shock you are feeling...I don't see myself as how my pictures look.
Gela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 02:35 AM   #12  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

There is no reason in this world that you can not lose the weight. It took me decades to finally realize that weight loss IS a doable thing. For everyone and anyone. Myself included. Instead of telling myself that I couldn't, I finally told myself, "hey, why the heck not me?".

You have the power and the capability to do this. You hold the key. You don't have to be overweight if you don't want to be.

Make yourself an ironclad commitment to "do this". Make that commitment, then devise yourself a mode of attack. Make a plan. Find, delve, seek, search out what works for you - and MAKE it work. DECIDE to do this and it shall be done. Get excited about the changes that you are about to make. Get moving, get psyched, get planning, get into it, get going....

Do it today. Don't waste another precious minute of your life not being the best you that you can be. I always knew that being slim would be wonderful, but boy I hadn't a clue it would be THIS wonderful. I wake up every day feeling like I'm living in a fairy tale. Only it's reality!!!

Yes you CAN do this. And you should. What would be your reasons NOT to? I say go for it - I know that you won't regret it, not for a single second.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 08-22-2009 at 02:41 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 03:22 AM   #13  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

omg your post made me tear up thats exactly how i feel about myself .... evreytime i get all dressed up to go out i think i look so nice and when i see the photos of me with my friends i want to cry .... i look nowhere near as nice as i thought i looked, i know how you feel .... but were all here together working on it and thats the first step all great things start with one step in that direction

btw .... i dont think you look as heavy as your ticker indicates you are .... always remember you are your own worst critic you actually look very confident

you CAN do this and you WILL do it cause you deserve this .... ::xoxo::
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 11:15 AM   #14  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Girl, if *I* can do it, ANYONE can do it !

Seriously - you just have to find the one reason to motivate you. Mine was my health. My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer last November, and obesity is a huge risk factor.

Don't ever think that you *can't* do it. Don't let the inevitable setbacks and plateuas sidetrack you. Be honest with yourself. Those are my three biggest pieces of advice.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 11:36 AM   #15  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Bcort, Photos are often a huge wakeup call. For some reason we see ourselves differently in the mirror. I know I do. Use that photo as motivation and turn that motivation into a committment to doing whatever it takes to lose the weight. You can do it. Absolutely!
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote