Old 08-20-2009, 11:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/282/175

Height: 5'11"

Default Just wanted to share...

I just joined 3FC yesterday, so I am still getting the hang of this. I am 28 years old, have a 10 year old son & a great boyfriend (of almost 2 years).
I have gradually put weight on over the years & in the past 3, my weight has yo-yo'd a LOT. I started weight watchers back at the end of 06 & lost about 25 pounds. Then my ex & I started having problems & he left. Therefore, I lost another 30 (stress diet). I met my boyfriend later that year & started putting the weight back on. Meanwhile, I went to the doctor & found out my thyroid level was VERY high. After about 9 months of going back to the Dr. every couple months, they finally got my level right. Since then I have continued to gain weight & I am now the heaviest I have ever been in my life. I am so embarrased about myself & the way I look. The last few months, I have really been trying to focus on what I am eating, but still do not seem to be loosing. Tuesday night I decided I have had ENOUGH! A little boy at football practice (maybe 4 years old) asked me why I was so fat. I told him I don't know and I after he walked away, I CRIED. That was it for me. I went home & rode my stationary bike 3 miles. I felt great afterward. Yesterday I kept track of my calories & rode the bike another 3 miles & walked a mile on the treadmill. I am drinking lots of water & one Green Tea a day. This morning I rode the bike harder, but only for 2.5 miles. I am going to walk a mile durning my lunch again. I am not trying to push myself too hard, but I know I have to do this full force for me to stick with it. Like many out there, if I dont see results soon, I get discouraged & give up. I have many reasons to loose this weight (cruise in Nov, cousins wedding in April, hopefully my wedding soon(no, he has not asked yet, but I am hoping), more babie, etc) but the main reason I want to loose this is for ME & my family. I want to be happy with myself, to be able to do things with my family & to be there for many many more years.

Thanks for listening to my long story
I have many people to support me, but it is so nice to have thousands here that have been and are going through what I am.
Good Luck to all!
scgirl1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:46 AM   #2  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

It sounds like you are off to a great start. I would just say to make sure you are eating enough calories still if you are going to be exercising at full force when you first start out.

Good job, keep us posted, and I'm sure you'll be seeing and feeling results in no time!

Last edited by Kae; 08-20-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/282/175

Height: 5'11"

Thank you Kae!
And congrats on your success so far!
scgirl1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:12 PM   #4  

Height: 6'1

Welcome! Sounds like you are doing a great job so far.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:24 PM   #5  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! Let me tell you that you can do this. You are definitely young enough so that you can have a restart for the rest of your life! (Some of us take a little longer to figure it out, but......)

Good luck to you! Keep posting. It really helps.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Height: 5'3"

WELCOME TO 3FC!!! We are delighted to have you here!
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

00h I'm the same way - if I don't see physical results, I wanna give up. But WE CANT! It sounds like you're doing this for all the right reasons. Stay strong and you CAN do this! Good luck!
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:48 PM   #8  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Welcome!
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:49 PM   #9  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Sounds like you are lining up your ducks just right! It's not easy, but a great many on here have been where you are and have shown that any one of us can do it!

Welcome to 3FC!!

(Oh.. and you are taking an amazing step... that gives you the right to not be embarrassed by yourself any longer! Now give yourself a hug and be proud of who you are, you are strong enough to take this step and deserve to love yourself for who you are, not what you look like!)
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:01 PM   #11  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Welcome to 3fcs! I had a similar experience many years ago. I was a movie rental place and a little boy came up to me and asked me what I weighed. It was really embarassing.
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:22 PM   #12  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Welcome to our wonderful little home on the web. You'll find tons of great advice and wonderful men and women here that will help you through. Great job on already getting started! You sound determined! I look forward to watching you shed your old skin
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:05 PM   #13  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

I had one of those moments... I was in a dollar store with very narrow aisles, and squeezed against one side to let a family pass by. The little girl said "mommy, that lady's fat!" The mother quickly shushed her.

It hurt, but surprisingly wasn't enough to get me off my duff... I guess that didn't happen until I realized I couldn't buy any jeans big enough for me at the store!

We all have our wake up calls, I think. I'm glad that yours called to you and that you've found your way here. Good luck to you!

Oh, and we all get off track at times... Don't ever feel embarrassed or ashamed of yourself. Take this moment to embrace all the good in yourself and move forward.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:34 PM   #14  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to the board!
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:15 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Welcome and congrats on starting .. give it time and you'll see wonderful results .. I have just started back myself .. and I've learned its MUCH MUCH easier to eat right if your exercising .. the way i seen it was y am i working my butt off in the gym to come home and eat garbage food .. and w/ in 2 weeks i started to see results it know its a lot but I dropped 10 lbs in my first two weeks my energy level is getting so much better and overall just feel better about myself .. keep up with it it'll be SO worth it in the end .. and there's lots of wonderful help here for you when you need it
haleysmommy5402 is offline   Reply With Quote