Old 08-20-2009, 09:08 AM   #1  

Default average weekly loss

Does anyone actually lose 3-5 lbs per week? Just curious what other people are experiencing. I like the program but definitly average more like 1.5 or 2.
twinmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:24 AM   #2  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I was averaging 3 but since I've had two plateaus (one was 2 weeks long, and this one that's beeen a week), my average has dropped to 2.5. I asked one of the counselors about it and they said they've never seen anyone average 5 pounds. So why do they advertise this? There have been two weeks that I have lost 4 pounds in one week, but that is rare.

Last edited by noahsmama; 08-20-2009 at 09:24 AM.
noahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:30 AM   #3  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

my favorite counselor told me that what drives up the average is men, who seemingly can drop five pounds per week like it's nothin'. darn men anyway.
leahruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:40 AM   #4  
Remodeling The Temple

S/C/G: 229.5/161.5/149.5

I've never averaged even 2...even on a perfect plan week, I might lose 2.5 but never 3. If I have lost 3 or more, it was water weight that I'd gained the prior week due to the monthly visitor.
silverbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:14 AM   #5  

glad it's not just me
twinmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

I can say that the first time I did this....I charted every loss and averaged 3.65 pounds a week. I was EXTREMELY strict with my diet. I did not allow any cheats, weighed EVERYTHING and was as my hubby says ANAL about the whole thing. I also did spin class, weights, walk/run days and a personal trainer!

This time has been different. I am allowing myself very small cheats. I have had trips back to ND with VERY long drives that made it difficult....and I am no longer using a personal trainer (actually dropped the gym) but I am running with hubby and doing weights here at home.

That being said I am averaging about 3 pounds a week. A little less than last time. That is not counting the 2 trips back to ND that I could not follow plan. Sometimes I do lose 5 pounds but that isn't very often. Normally it is right at 3lbs.
jeweliek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 362.5/see ticker/180

Height: 6'0

I think it depends on the person and how their body reacts to the program. I can honestly say that my average ranged from 5 to 7 lbs per week when I first started. Now I average between 4.5 and 6. Some times though, I will have a week and only lose about 3. The point is, you are losing the pounds. I am very happy for all of us being OP. Great choice Ladies
kaylasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote