Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2002, 01:39 AM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile 300+ and Ready to try Again... #241

WELCOME !!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
Old 11-16-2002, 01:49 AM   #2  
Dancing those pounds away

Angry Howdy !!!

Hi guys... I thought I would start a new thread since we were getting into the 30's again... Plus it will make it easier for me to see where we were when I left town. LOL

I am headed out Saturday morning to go visit my daughter in OKC, actually Norman, OK. That is where Okla University is.

I am in a REALLY BAD MOOD. I am soooooo frustrated with my husband at this moment I just want to PIG OUT !!!
Don't worry... I am not going to turn to food... but I am aware that I always want to STUFF MY FACE everytime I get mad at him.
I don't need to go into any details... same ole same ole.
Let's just leave it as ... we don't see eye to eye on some things. lol

I babysat tonight and really enjoyed my grandbabies. It had been awhile since the last time I watched both at the same time. The 2 year old is sooooo smart !!!! The baby is sooooo sweet. She is 9 months now. But she sure does keep me hopping. LOL
She crawls and gets into everything she sees. But she also is very good at stopping when grandma says no-no.

I am sooo upset with my husband my shoulders are ACHING.
I better go relax somehow and get to bed. Hmph... I don't even want to get into the same bed with him !!!! MEN !!!!!

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 11-16-2002 at 01:51 AM.
Old 11-16-2002, 09:47 AM   #3  

Hmmm Arabella, incredible sex...childish sometimes Let me think about it NOT. I will let all of you wonder what I would do, should the chance ever arise!!!!

(Kat, you know me so well.)

Mary, send me some of that Christmas cheer...I have NONE, absolutely NONE.....

Anyway, I had a small revelation yesterday. I have been thinking & thinking on why I over eat. Yesterday I was thinking about my best friends daughter and her new boyfriend. "E" (best friends daughter) is such a sweet girl but has had her share of trials. She is 27, so NOT as many as some of us, but she has bounced from job to job....she would get the perfect one only to have them close.... this has happened to her 6 times!!!! She has always since a young girl wanted to find the right man and that wasn't happening. 3 years ago this one guy really hurt her and she was so sad and her Mom was so worried about her. Well, a year ago she met Mr. Perfect and they are so in love you can "see" it when you see them. So, yesterday I am driving back to work from Wal-Mart and thinking about how "E" was so lucky and that I was so happy for her when I started to cry. I realized in a flash that that is part of my issue...

I feel I will never have a real love in my life. I mean a male partner here...not all the others in my life that love me...the kind between man and woman. I feel I have missed this life experience and it makes me sad and depressed - ergo - I eat.

Don't get me wrong I have had male relationships since I was in high school - up until 3 years ago anyway...but I KNOW none of them were real love. I was in the relationship for other reasons and I know that now. At the time I thought I loved them but looking back I know I didn't.

I really hate to miss out on this life experience.
(wish I would have know this when I shut my emotions down all those years ago) WAY too long of a story....

So, that is my sad tale for today.

Are you all sending pictures in your cards?????? I don't have one!!!!!! At least not a recent one.

So, Chat tonight????? Kat, do you want to do 7PM Eastern time????? Would that work better for you????
Old 11-16-2002, 10:32 AM   #4  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi girls! Just a quickie, checking in. I'm a 'show girl' again this weekend. WooHoo. Keep those $$$$ coming! Maybe this weekend I'll actually get to see a movie! That would be good!

I'm sorry I don't have time to respond to all of you. I hope you have fun chatting tonight. I'm better on Sunday afternoons, but I know where Tina is then. Oops, sorry I mentioned it. I suppose I'll get her started again!

I hope everyone is doing well. I've been trying like the dickens to be good this week. I still haven't gotten in all the veggies, water and journalling I should, but have really been watching. I did indulge in movie theatre popcorn yesterday though. I debated with myself, but I won.

You guys take care. Love to all.
Old 11-16-2002, 11:51 AM   #5  
a work in progress...

Good Morning chickies...

It is SO dreary here today...Nor'easter coming, coastal flood warnings...rain, rain go away...bleahhh... I'd like to just crawl back into bed...I had to bring my daughter to an 8:15 orthodontist appt this AM...had all sorts of ambitious plans for housework when I got back...and yet, I've been parked in front of the 'puter since we got back.

We saw Harry Potter last night...Was that one of your movies, Thin? It was good, but I didn't like it as much as the first one. Actually this story was my least favorite of the 4 written, so maybe that had something to do with it. We did have a lively post-movie discussion at the diner afterwards, which was a LOT of fun. Dh, myself, daughter and her boyfriend, son, and 2 nephews...good thing that part of the diner was fairly empty!

Mary...I'm envious! I wanted to start some shopping yesterday...Kohl's was having a HUGE sale, but when I go there, there was absolutely no where to park...I hate crowds so I passed...I actually did some shopping at Old Navy (LOVE that store...I got 3 pairs of pants and 5 shirts for my son, and 2 shirts for dh for $52.00!) I don't think I'll wait for Christmas to give them though...they could use the stuff now. I did buy some body lotion and after bath splash for my Mother in law...I'm sure she'll have some disparaging remark about them. Oh well. I need to FOCUS on what needs to be done. and get doing it. I think I'm going to do a lot of baking this year and just give cookies...It's too hard to buy for so many people and I hate to think that my gifts will go the way that so many of the ones I receive go! (Salvation Army!)

Maybe some of the cynicism will wear off the closer we get to Christmas.

My mood is very reflective of the weather...sorry!

7:00 est chat will be great for me...I will be there with bells on...and a more cheerful disposition, I swear!
Old 11-16-2002, 02:49 PM   #6  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Hi All,

Lucky, sweetheart... I know exactly how you feel, and I suspect a lot of the other married women here do too. Who ever marries their soul mate? I guess I always hoped to do that, and it's easy to convince yourself that you feel that way about someone when you're dating. But marriage is so damn real And full of compromises. I think in my heart of hearts right now I would prefer to be single. And I don't think I would ever want to be married again. And - I have a fairly good marriage. I would love to be in love, but I don't think I ever have been or ever will be. Sigh. And I'm sure even if you find a really romantic guy, there are trade-offs. Hmmm... like "fantastic lover/childish bad boyfriend" George Clooney. Yup, I would go for it in a heartbeat

Elsewise, that's where all my weight came from, pushing all those bad feelings down my throat with food. No more. I refuse to keep myself a walking, chomping, zombie.
Old 11-16-2002, 07:02 PM   #7  
a work in progress...

Okay, it's 7:00, I don't see the chat link ...am I blind??
Old 11-16-2002, 07:06 PM   #8  

I know....they must have taken it away....
Old 11-16-2002, 07:10 PM   #9  
a work in progress...

type in www.3fatchicks.com/chat and then you have to register and then you're in...
Old 11-16-2002, 07:12 PM   #10  
a work in progress...

I'll wait...

(whistling the Jeopardy music...)

Last edited by katrinabgood; 11-16-2002 at 07:16 PM.
Old 11-16-2002, 07:25 PM   #11  
a work in progress...

This is a new chat place...I don't like it...first of all cuz no one's there ...but it's not easy to find, or to get into and then when I typed a message to nobody in particular, it didn't show up on the screen...what's up with that? Maybe I should report this to 3FC.

...and I was all psyched to chat...
Old 11-16-2002, 09:12 PM   #12  

Well, I know there are "other" places where you can chat...I think Baylee knows of some. I will check it out and maybe Baylee can help....we will find a place.....
Old 11-17-2002, 02:07 AM   #13  

Default Chickin' In!

Hi guys!

I'm not feeling too chatty right now but I just thought I should check in to let you all know that I hadn't disappeared off the face of the planet! All is good... diet-wise and otherwise; I've just been go-go-go in the last couple of days.

Baylee... I can't believe a man from work would threaten to hit you (or behave towards you in a manner that would make you think for the least moment that he wanted to!)?! What kind of professional environment is that? He sounds so disgusting! Sex with a 14 year old?! Whatta creep! It's natural to be upset after arguing with such a intimidating man; I'd be shaken too! Is it possible to go over your boss' head if this man continues to be so crazy and your boss isn't listening?

Kat! Sounds like you're in need of some Christmas cheer! Hope our Christmas Card Exchange will do the trick! Remember ladies... get your mailing addresses to me ASAP as I'll be sending out the Christmas card mailing addresses (by PM) in the next day or two!

Okay. It's 2:00am here. I should get to bed so I'm well rested for my workout tomorrow. Do you chickies know that I work out EVERY day for like an hour? I know... pretty impressive! I've only missed one work out day since I joined my gym last month! Now... I won't be able to keep that up FOREVER since I'm blessed with a lot of free time right now but won't always be so blessed BUT I definitely think I'll keep it up until I reach my goal weight... only 29 more pounds to go!

TTFN
Sara
270/179/150

Last edited by SaraJoy; 11-17-2002 at 01:16 PM.
Old 11-17-2002, 09:09 AM   #14  

Grrrrr whenever I CAN sleep in a little I wake up at the crack of dawn.

Thanks for the chat room, Baylee.

Not many responded to the "when" question but I see it as:
Saturday nights if we are available from 6 Central; 7 Eastern to ???? AND Wednesday nights.

Sorry to hear about your trouble at work, Baylee. Good thing the union steward was on their toes. We don't want you hurt. I agree with Sara, you may have to go over your bosses head if this keeps up.

Oh NO!!! You are sending the lists NOW!!!!! Sara, that can only mean it's almost that time. I haven't gotten into the holiday spirit either....

You are doing SO good on the exercise ..... I wish I could say the same, but I have been thinking about exercising more than ever before!
Old 11-17-2002, 04:06 PM   #15  
a work in progress...

Cool Rain rain go away...

What a yucky day...I may just crawl back into bed and dream of warm sunny beaches, balmy breezes, and blue, blue skies...ahhh...doesn't that sound nice?

I got a scary phone call this morning at work around 6:15...dh was on his way to work, still dark out, no one else on the road, as he came over a rise, he realized, almost too late, that there was a car in the middle of the road...abandoned! He swerved to avoid it...so instead of hitting it head on, he managed to only smash his left front end. Oh, and it is smashed! He was not hurt, thank God. Turns out, three other people hit the same car, at different times, one of them being a state trooper. This must have all happened within a short period of time...I still don't understand WHY the car was still there if other people had already hit it!! It didn't happen on any old side street either, he was on an interstate road! He thinks his car will be totalled because of the front wheel drive... I am just thankful he's not hurt.

Very cool site for chatting, Baylee...this will be good for us! I am looking forward to our own little chat sessions! Last night, we were eating dinner, a little before 7:00...dh asked if I wanted to watch a movie with him and my son...I told him I had a "date" with the chat room. He asked, "FCDC?" (fatchicks.com) AND was very impressed that the time was moved up to accomodate my work schedule!
Of course, when I came out a few minutes later, all sad and forlorn that I couldn't chat, he asked if the fat chicks had ditched me...

Well...I have to run...family is calling. I hope to get in here for a good long session tomorrow, but I have to work the book fair at son's school in the morning...after a LONG night at work...Tomorrow night I should be popping in. WITH a new attitude, hopefully...I think I caught the eating bug too...need to squash that!!!
Closed Thread