Old 08-18-2009, 05:30 PM   #1  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

Default ? For MRCers on Stabilization-Warn. this may annoy those not on Stabilization :)

Hey all!
Im on week 4 of stabilization--just got back all the good foods, including SQUASH!!! Yippee!!! I hit goal pounds wise, and ended up going WAY past my goal for BF. Started at 28% (when measured as a normal person, 24% when measured as an athlete) and now i am down to 18.2% BF as Normal, and 14.2% as an athlete!! YIKES. My original "goal" was only 23%. Considering i AM an athlete, i feel the athlete measurement is prob more accurate. Since my BF has become so low im already having issues with menstruation being abnormal ( ive already had 2 periods this month, and its only the 18th!!??? I know, i know, OB/GYN question for sure. My real question is, how long did you all continue to lose on stabilization?? Last week alone i dropped 2 full pounds of BF and almost 2% !!! I am HAPPY at my weight!! Geez.....If i loose any more BF i will cease to be a functioning female ! (i believe 12% is the barest of minimum for a woman to be,and then only serious athletes). I dont mean to sound like one of those woman who whine about being SKINNY. .. . . MRC has changed my life and how i see myself and the results are phenominal. I dont want to drop the program however, and start eating "normally" becuz i might undo everything i worked so hard for, so im definitely going to see this through to the end, and work the program properly, but i am starting to get concerned......
Any thoughts? Still taking 3-4 HNS a day, merely becuz it ups my total calories for the day which is good, and i work out so excessively that i need the extra protein...
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:04 AM   #2  
Remodeling The Temple

S/C/G: 229.5/161.5/149.5

I just read your first line and had to say I've been eating squash the whole time. It's on my list of acceptable foods...I'm confused.
silverbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkroyer View Post
Hey all!
Im on week 4 of stabilization--just got back all the good foods, including SQUASH!!! Yippee!!! I hit goal pounds wise, and ended up going WAY past my goal for BF. Started at 28% (when measured as a normal person, 24% when measured as an athlete) and now i am down to 18.2% BF as Normal, and 14.2% as an athlete!! YIKES. My original "goal" was only 23%. Considering i AM an athlete, i feel the athlete measurement is prob more accurate. Since my BF has become so low im already having issues with menstruation being abnormal ( ive already had 2 periods this month, and its only the 18th!!??? I know, i know, OB/GYN question for sure. My real question is, how long did you all continue to lose on stabilization?? Last week alone i dropped 2 full pounds of BF and almost 2% !!! I am HAPPY at my weight!! Geez.....If i loose any more BF i will cease to be a functioning female ! (i believe 12% is the barest of minimum for a woman to be,and then only serious athletes). I dont mean to sound like one of those woman who whine about being SKINNY. .. . . MRC has changed my life and how i see myself and the results are phenominal. I dont want to drop the program however, and start eating "normally" becuz i might undo everything i worked so hard for, so im definitely going to see this through to the end, and work the program properly, but i am starting to get concerned......
Any thoughts? Still taking 3-4 HNS a day, merely becuz it ups my total calories for the day which is good, and i work out so excessively that i need the extra protein...
I kept losing the whole time I was on stab. I was training for a 1/2 marathon so I was running quite a bit too. I would talk to them at the center and see what suggestions they have for you. If you tell them you are starting to have side effects they will probably change things. I don't think they would want you to be unhealthy. They gave me a 1200 cal. diet when I finished but said that if I kept losing on it that I could start using the 1500 cal. one instead. Next week you get to add a fat in (yea peanut butter!) so that might help also.
KeepinOnandOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:09 AM   #4  
Tellin' it like it is!

Silverbelle-- i meant BUTTERNUT and ACORN squash!! Not yellow or zuccinni
-- Yes, Peanut butter!! UBER excited about that one
Old 08-20-2009, 10:16 AM   #5  
Tellin' it like it is!

no one else out there on stabilization?
Old 08-20-2009, 10:24 AM   #6  
Remodeling The Temple

I start stabalization next monday, but I don't have that problem. My body fat %, even though I've been running and working out for 8 months, 3-4 times a week, is still in the obese range according to the TANITA scale...explain that one to me!?!?!!
I don't think their measurments are all that accurate. I've lost 68 lbs and 90.5 inches, there is no way my body fat has only dropped 10% points and is still 37.8%
Old 08-20-2009, 11:11 AM   #7  
Tellin' it like it is!

mybe when you get measured you arent fully hydrated? that can affect it. Also maybe youve lost aLOT of lean muscle mass??? Instead of all fat?
Old 08-20-2009, 11:22 AM   #8  
Remodeling The Temple

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkroyer View Post
mybe when you get measured you arent fully hydrated? that can affect it. Also maybe youve lost aLOT of lean muscle mass??? Instead of all fat?
But I've been doing weights and cardio 3-4 days a week for months. I don't know how I would have lost lean muscle mass. I know that for a while my Fat Free Mass numbers increased and then all of the sudden, there was a decrease...I have changed my workout routines. I'm by no means a fitness expert, so maybe I'm doing something incorrectly, but the FFM should go up and the BF% should go down.