Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-18-2009, 08:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Height: 5'3"

Exclamation I NEED SERIOUS HELP! Whip me or something!

motivation- GONE

I don't know why. I haven't gotten lazy with working out.

I ate 3 bowls of cinnamon toast crunch and a whole bowl of whole wheat pasta. I just keep shoveling it in my mouth... not hungry. I know I should stop before I eat it but I don't stop.

15 lbs gone! Why am I losing it. I know I can do it so why am I quiting??

Any advice, insight or inspiration? PLEASE!
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:14 PM   #2  

Put the spoon down and ask yourself why you are doing this. Did something happen today? Worried about something? Hormonal? etc. See if you can't isolate the problem so you will "see it coming" next time.

Then, ask yourself if the sadness/regret you are going to feel after this binge is worth the TEMPORARY pleasure.

Then, tomorrow, go to the store and find a few items that you cans keep on hand that are a tad bit better than Cin. Toast Crunch Sugarfree popscicles are only 15 calories a piece.

Above all. Identify the lesson you have learned today through this experience and consider it one less lesson you'll have to learn on this journey. Then move on. Don't let one slip-up derail all your efforts.

YOU CAN DO THIS!
jamiewyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:21 PM   #3  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

i stuff my face 2 days before i start my period. no matter HOW hard i try i cant stop eating, and im not even hungry.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:33 PM   #4  

I wish TOM was my excuse this time but its not.

Nothing happened this week. I just quit. Not even quit. I just got lax and then threw in the towel.

I just want to want it again.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:45 PM   #5  
a work in progress

just DO it! there are days and weeks where i have NO motivation and i whine and moan every second. as far as exercise goes, im never motivated. i just FORCE myself through it while hating every second. but then i reach another mini goal and get a fresh wave of motivation.

it happens, you just have to suffer through it, lol.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

It might sound overly simplistic - but whatever you do, do NOT eat the first bowl of carby, sugary cereal. That's just a trigger for me to eat 3 bowls. Think how you will defuse the craving the next time it hits, have a plan and follow through!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:28 PM   #7  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

throw out the cinnamon toast cruch and don't buy it again! I know I can't keep anything in the house that I don't have control over. No coke, no chips, no junk food. No bread unless it's high fiber. If I order in chinese food I eat my portion and throw the rest in the trash because I know I'll keep going back for more. then if I have the urge to binge, I'll have to binge on something healthy. tomorrow is a new day, a clean slate. don't give up!
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:29 PM   #8  
a work in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
It might sound overly simplistic - but whatever you do, do NOT eat the first bowl of carby, sugary cereal. That's just a trigger for me to eat 3 bowls. Think how you will defuse the craving the next time it hits, have a plan and follow through!
i eat a lot of life cereal, which is great for me because it tastes amazing, is whole grain and low sugar. i was SHOCKED when i first started tracking calories at how small a serving is. 3/4 of a cup is like not even half a bowl. i usually eat 2 servings at a time, but i see now how many calories i was racking up by eating 3 full bowls of lucky charms!!
Old 08-18-2009, 10:37 PM   #9  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

I WISH I could remember who to give the credit too, but a poster here at 3FC advised a person once to stop and think about how they would feel one hour from now every time they began to overeat. You don't know HOW many times that has helped me get off my butt and do something constructive instead of eat. I'm venturing to guess that you feel pretty crummy right now? Remember it...because next time you will feel just as crummy, and probably a few pounds heavier. Also, dump the box of sugar fortified cattle feed.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 08-18-2009 at 10:38 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:31 PM   #10  
Ilene the Bean

That was going to be my question : What is cinnamon toast crunch doing in the house? For me it's out of sight out of mind. I make my family bring the granola bars -- my weakness lately -- to the basement, I I find them they haven't hidden them well enough I tell them to hide them better...

Also, just chalk this up to experience, forgive yourself and move on, it was only one little glitch in the grand scheme of things...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:05 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

You aren't quitting, you just momentarily got off track. The most important thing you can do is immediately get back on track. Even if you do not have any motivation at all, press on. You'll be motivated again. But, until then, let your perserverance and determination carry you through.

I am pulling for you!

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:16 AM   #12  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

cereal is my weakness. i have slipped up lately so i'm trying 2 keep it out of the house. = /
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:29 AM   #13  

Cereal is SOOOOO my weakness. I am on low carb right now so I am not suppose to have any cereal and I just can not stop. I am going to get rid of it all. My problem is that my husband eats it. Errrrg!

I am not losing motivation with working out. I still work out. I still walk and 30ds. I just EAT!!! I am so down.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:26 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 270/248/150

I restarted my journey in March of this year after 4 years of not working on my weight loss. I have had my moments of wanting to stop and times where even though I worked out, I wasn't eating right. So, now I don't keep the bad foods in the house anymore. I just try to remind myself of what my end goal is what I want to look like. Hugs, to you honey. You'll get your mojo back.
Blissful76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:24 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 231/229/208 (first goal) /129

Height: 5ft5" ish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weightlosswanted View Post
I know I can't keep anything in the house that I don't have control over. No coke, no chips, no junk food. No bread unless it's high fiber. If I order in chinese food I eat my portion and throw the rest in the trash because I know I'll keep going back for more. then if I have the urge to binge, I'll have to binge on something healthy. tomorrow is a new day, a clean slate. don't give up!
Are you my twin? This is exactly what I do, well except for the bread! I love my carbs and tend to binge on toast, pasta or even worse cheese When I feel a binge coming on I drink a pint of water. If I still want to binge, I make a portion of whatever and have that. Sometimes it works othertimes I just binge. Mine normally hormonal though
nicki reborn is offline   Reply With Quote