Old 08-18-2009, 02:23 PM   #1  
Ray of Sunshine

S/C/G: 243/241/140

Height: 5'4"

Default FINALLY going in the right direction!

Alright so it's been about 4 weeks since I ended my relationship with my BF of almost 2 years. Wow, what a difference. It's only now that I realize how unhappy I really was. Since I ended the relationship I've lost 7lbs. All of this is simply the change in eating and drinking - as in not eating out with him all the time, making healthier choices at home and work and basically not drinking. To be very honest I was eating and drinking my feelings of unhappiness for the last 6 months of the relationship at least and while I know I wasn't blind to what I was doing - I actively ignored it. I haven't even been exercising yet! (I've been thinking about it but the heat has been beating me out... I'm a cold weather girl stuck in a heat wave with no AC it's a motivation killer for me. It really goes to show how badly I ate and how much I drank while I was with him if I've shed 7lbs in under a month without really putting much effort into it other than not drinking and working on getting some portion and structure back under control with food.

Since the break up I haven't really eaten anything bad and I think the only alcohol I've had was 1 social evening out with friends, 1 girls night in and 1 work event and it was all very minimal. I'm starting to feel better, look better, I'm happier in a million different ways from my butt to my bank account. The best part - I don't want any crap food or booze... which is making it much easier. I suppose I guess I removed my trigger! We ate and drank way too much together and I on my own (we lived separately) ate and drank my way through knowing the relationship was bad. A weight has been lifted!

Anyway for now I've been doing the light breakfast/coffee early, some fruit mid morning, some sort of frozen meal (lean cuisine/smart ones) with a big side of a steamed green veggie around 1pm, a roughly 200 calorie snack higher in protein around 4pm, a light yogurt on my 6pm train home and a light dinner when I get home around 7:30 with smaller portions and a lot of veggies since it's late. So I'm eating pretty regularly throughout the day and am balancing out between 1500 & 1800 calories each day and feel great and am not hungry. As for drinks - I'm plowing down iced tea (home brewed, unsweetened), water, seltzer and the occasional diet coke. Just taking out the regular burgers and beer that we were having all the time and putting some structure back into my daily food plan is making all the difference. Next week I'm adding back in the gym 3 days a week and one night of hot yoga to start. The week after that I have some business travel which I'd normally worry about but this time, I'm actually not worried at all!

Along with all of that I feel like I'm smiling for real for the first time in a long time. I'm going out, seeing friends, doing things, making plans and I'm a lot less depressed and much funner to be around. Even better, we are still friends and it's fine and not awkward at all.

Alright that's it... I just wanted to share my good news now that I finally have some!
YogaGal08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:49 PM   #2  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Way to go YogaGal, sounds like you are in a much better place. Congrats on the 7 pounds.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:16 PM   #3  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Awesome! WTG

I believe you also have plans to go running soon
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:27 PM   #4  
Ray of Sunshine

YES! September 27th is on my calendar my friend!
It will be awesome.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:31 PM   #5  

I am so happy for you! I can tell from your "voice" that your life is headed in a new direction and you are never looking back. Congrats!
pegdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:32 PM   #6  
Finally Taking Care of ME

S/C/G: 283/ticker/183

Height: 5'9"

You sound happy and vibrant. Good for you and keep rolling with the weightloss, it sounds like you have found yourself in a fantastic place. Look whats changed in a month, I can't wait to hear more.

Angie
LesliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:44 PM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

It really sounds like you have things on track!!

Good Job!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:51 PM   #8  
Ray of Sunshine

It's amazing what cutting a little 'dead weight' like a bad relationship can do!
Old 08-18-2009, 03:57 PM   #9  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

Wow, you are doing awesome! Congrats on getting back on track in so many areas of your life. It must feel great!
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:21 PM   #10  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Great job

I don't like to sweat either but lately have toughed it out and actually love when I'm dripping in sweat- it's hot lol.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:23 PM   #11  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Fantastic!!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:27 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 298/298/150

Height: 5ft 7

you sound so full of energy! you go girl, i am so thrilled for you that you are in a better place and are obviously so much happier! wtg!!!
Bonnie+J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:59 PM   #13  
Ray of Sunshine

Haha, don't get me wrong... I like to sweat... I just don't like to sweat involuntarily when I'm not moving! I think I will always just have to live in the north where the heat waves are generally limited!
Old 08-18-2009, 07:53 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Way to go, you have a great outlook! Congrats on the 7lbs.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:11 PM   #15  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Good for you! I'll tell you, I was drinking pretty heavily towards the end of my "rock bottom" and I quit when I started my healthy lifestyle. Except for Christmas Day, (BIG MISTAKE) I haven't had a drink in 17 months. Not drinking has been my diet savior! Thinking back, every time I have ever lost weight and then began regaining it was when I added the booze back in.

Congratulations on your 7 pounds lost.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote