S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Chat: August 17- 23

New Pages!

Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:46 AM   #2  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Sorry I was MIA over the Weekend I was watching the GPA champion golf game,and was disappointing that the Tiger didn't win.

Got on the scale it morning for my official W-I and I maintained this week.I guess the old bod wants to take a rest and I haven't exercise the whole week either.So I'm going to improve my way of exercising this week so I have a better W-I next.

RHONDA-Thanks for starting us up this week. Hows the sale on your house doing, any takers?????

SANDRA & VICKIE- Thanks my head ache right in back of they eye is gone.I get that when the heat gets to me. Have to keep the A/C going at full blast.

Last edited by beach bum; 08-17-2009 at 09:51 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:01 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

So glad you're better, Mary Ann. I'm off to talk to Jenny.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:56 PM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

I lost 1 pound. My scale at home said 1.6 but I'll follow Jenny's scale. It will come off next week. I have to weigh in on Sunday next week. So with only 6 days, I have to work hard and fast.

I hope you're all having a great day. My cleaning lady is here so life is good!

Sandra, I'm glad you're taking those baby steps.

Any offers, Rhonda?

Sloan, has the stress eased a bit?

Donna.....thinking about you and hoping that you are keeping yourself sufficiently distracted.

Did I tell you all that Froufy says hello?
Old 08-17-2009, 04:48 PM   #5  

Hi:

I'm at work, headed out to meet DH for dinner.

We had the neighbors over for an "open house" last night and that was fun. We will open bids Thursday night. This is an approach that is done here, although I find it strange. You put a price on the house that is somewhat below your expectations and solicit bids. Then, you open them all at the same time and decide which one to take, if any. We'll see what happens. I don't want to say much on an open board at this time.

All is well...we are having a very hot and humid day. It feels like the Gulf Coast!

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 08-17-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:52 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, be sure to let us know asap. I hope you get some great bids.

Vickie, on losing. You're being very steady. That's good. I'm still tiptoeing around with babysteps.

Maryann, I've been caught up lately with archery. I totally understand not being able to get on the boards.

I went to both school districts today to turn in my fingerprint info and look around. My excitement is building.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:57 PM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

Rhonda, good luck! We've seen this approach from watching Property Virgins on HGTV. I'm glad they don't do that in the states. I would hate to be in love with a house and have to get involved with a bidding war. It's great for the Sellers though.

Thanks, Sandra. Slow and steady wins the race. I'll get there eventually.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:48 AM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

I'm treadmilling today and going to my Sister/BIL to get some home grown tomatoes from their garden. We'll be having Chipotle burrito bowls for dinner with no rice. Jim and I are really looking forward to that!

I hope you all have a great day. Drink your water!

Where's Coco and Donna?
Old 08-18-2009, 09:36 AM   #9  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Not feeling well,have some type of a tummy ache,but fortunately I on my low day of eating and with chamomile tea I should be better in no time.

Can't stand this heat anymore,haven't done anything but trying to stay cool. Some time today I have to get my dust bunnies at bay,otherwise DH & I will be having difficulty breathing.Have the A/C going in the living room so it will nice a cool in there when tackling them.

Other than that nothing really new,Going to ride my bike with some sort of a spinning,while watch a DVD on my computer this afternoon.

VICKIE-Congrats on your lost pound that wonderful after having so many problems with your kidneys. My headache is gone and now my tummy is starting to act up. Gee!! what will be next.

Still waiting for my tomatoes to turn red other wise I going to rely on my recipe for green fried tomatoes.

RHONDA-Hope you had a great time at dinner,I need to go out for dinner,but I guess that not going to happen until Leo feel better.

Oh so that's how the houses are sold up there,that's very interesting. Here we have a set price that the real estates and the seller put up at the highest price and if that doesn't take to the buyer they lower it and lower it until they get a sale.

SANDRA-Is there any contest coming up with your archery????I remember you had something going some time this or last year.I'm having a senior moment.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:08 AM   #10  

Hi All:

Just a quick note before I head to the office.

I couldn't sleep last night so missed my personal trainer session this morning. It was the only sleep I got. I had gone to bed so tired at 8:30 and at 3AM I was wide awake!

Maryann: this is the way they sell houses some of the time here, if the market is really good, as it is now. Most of the time it is as you described: set what you think is a realistic price and hope someone meets it.

Vickie, congrats on the loss. I just maintained, which is better than not!

Sandra....fingerprinted? Hmmm, well you do look suspicious with that bow and arrow you carry around!

Have a great day, and do what Vickie says.

Rhonda
Old 08-18-2009, 11:18 AM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

Rhonda, I hope you get some great sleep tonight. There is nothing worse than bad sleep.....except maybe NO sleep.

Mary Ann, I feel like I always have some illness since I turned 50. That's part of the reason that I started trying to lose weight since I feel that contributes.

I hope you all feel better soon. Maybe some water will help!
Old 08-18-2009, 06:38 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

Maryanne, you have a wonderful memory. We do have tournaments coming up even this weekend. It's a 3D shoot close to home. The TX State Senior Olympics are coming up later this fall. Then indoor season starts. No rest for the wicked, but that's the way we like it.

I hope you're feeling better. I'm op today and am keeping close tabs on my points. I am journaling again--starting today. I also did 30 min . Life is good.

Vickie, your dinner sounds good. Curtis is finishing a chicken salad we had in the fridge and I'm having a WW TV dinner. I eat it "open face sandwich" style.

Rhonda, I had a mugshot made, too. They told me not to smile. You know that was hard for me. Especially when they told me not to do it.

We're still trying to stay cool, too. The temps are lower but the humidity is higher. Life goes on.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:39 PM   #13  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, did you and Doyle know Cleburne has gone wet? It's so odd to see beer and wine for sale at the grocery store and signs up all over town advertising. Times have changed in Johnson County.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:21 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks! Things are still so busy at school, but it is going well. My DS is feeling better since his breakup with his GF, and he is starting school in a couple of weeks, so that should help. We have not heard from the nephew since his release from the hospital, so we are not sure about how he is doing. I guess things have settled down in that department. The remodeling is back in full swing, so saw dust is everywhere! I am very excited about how things look since removing some walls. I can't wait to see it all done.

Sandra-I would love to invite you to go with me to have dinner with Rhonda, but it sounds like you might be too busy! Have you bought your school clothes and lunch box, yet?

Rhonda-I know you must be excited about opening the bids on Thursday. I hope there is one that is just right!

Maryann-I hope you feel better!

Vickie-Congrats on your loss! I agree: slow and steady wins the race!

Hey Donna and Paula!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:35 PM   #15  

Hi All:

I had a long day today and it is bedtime now. I bet I sleep tonight.

Sloan, it's good to hear that DS's heartbreak might take a backseat to the excitement of school starting again. I'm also interested to hear about your curriculum....to say nothing of the renos!

Maryann, I hope you feel better and got to sit in the AC all day long! It's been stifling hot and humid here.

Vickie, I bet that eating well and losing weight will make you feel better in many regards. I hope you enjoyed that dinner. It sounds delicious.

So, where is that Coco??? Camping somewhere, again, still? Didn't she say she'd be gone for a while. My memory is non-existent.

Tech, where are you...out on the bike somewhere?

Good night everybody.

Rhonda