Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-17-2009, 09:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 183/162/149

Height: 5'7''

Default Sos

Hi chickies,

I have been struggling to get back into my groove since I went to Chicago July 24th-26th...I can't seem to go more than 2 days on plan without derailing and binging! at first i was still losing weight, just verrrrry slowly, but now I have gained 3lbs back and I feel all the work I put in this summer slipping away...this would be the 3rd summer in a row that I lost 20lbs then gained it back...and I am trying so hard not to let that happen! but i feel like I cant stop this binge cycle. Any suggestions for getting a good solid week behind me? I was just starting to feel good again...I was a solid size 8! now im not so sure.

I am having a hard time forgiving myself for not being where i wanted to be, and for messing up...AGAIN, after weight loss was my primary focus for 2 months. ugh. I just want to feel good again.

SOS!!
goodday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:41 AM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I suggest you dust yourself off and get right back on track. No one can do this for you but you. It ain't easy, we all know it. Make a list of all the reasons why you want to do this. Keep it visible. Map out your plan of action. Commit to it. Stay determined and focused. Never ever stop believing in yourself. You deserve this. You CAN do this and we are here to root ya on

Oh and when the overwhelming urge to munch, eat or binge comes over ya, try to busy yourself with something non food related like -

Take a walk
Have a soak in the tub
Give yourself a manicure/pedicure
Work a puzzle
Come here and read the success stories for inspiration
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 211/181/140

Brushing teeth and gum are my saves. Who wants to eat with a minty fresh mouth? I keep a travel size brush & paste in my purse so I can fight my urges where ever I go.

Good luck!
UniquelyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:54 AM   #4  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Onederchick hit the nail on the head. You just have to find constructive things to do other than eat. The other day I was in a bad way, I was dreaming of sweets, I was on the verge of baking something....anything sweet. I wanted it SO badly. So I prayed, (if that is not your thing then skip that part) and went outside and started pulling weeds in one of my flower gardens. I cranked up my ipod and started getting down and dirty (with the dirt...lol) Before I knew it the flower garden looked beautiful, I burned a few calories, I DID NOT BINGE and I felt great about myself. Do something...anything, (but eat).

Last edited by Lori Bell; 08-17-2009 at 09:57 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:00 AM   #5  
Reached Goal Sept 11/09

S/C/G: 228/135

Height: 5'4"

I am sorry you are struggling right now. It can be extremely difficult to break well-established habits. I suggest not focusing on a week of on plan behaviour - but instead focus on one day at a time. Anyone can fight the battles of just one day...

I know you can do this. Just focus on making today good. Forget about yesterday and tomorrow. Only today is in your control.

Heather
MrsWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

I hear ya on losing so for so many summers then always gaining it back...so I appreciate the suggestions too!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:11 AM   #7  

Height: 5'3"

I think realizing you've put on 3lbs is a start. Keep coming here and posting for support.

I know I'm *not* gaining back the weight I lost this year. And neither are you! :-)
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

i think it's great you caught yourself at 3 lbs!!!! Now get back to doing what you were doing when you were losing weight...and you will be ahead in no time!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:31 PM   #9  

thanks everyone! im doing well today, determined to make it to the gym on my way home from work. i cant tell you how happy i am to have you all and this site to let me know its going to be ok...or at least i have the power to make it ok, and you will be here as i work at it.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:32 PM   #10  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:27 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Goodday - i am glad to hear to hear you are doing well. the past few weeks I had been losing track as well. I had to sit down and think about really think about it. I asked myself why was I losing weight in the first place and also how I would feel i I gained it all back or if I kept it off. the answers to these questions was enough to put things back into perspective and i am just taking it one day at a time.
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:02 AM   #12  

I did...ok yesterday, got to the gym but still ate too much Im not giving up though, i refuseeeee to gain this weight back and I am determined to get back to where I was by the end of the month. I am currently writing a new list of why I want to do this. It's so important that I don't forget. and its important that i remember i am NOT back to where i was, i am still 15lbs down. I can do this, and so can all of you. thank you again for listening and for all your support, you girls are the bestest