Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 05:29 PM   #1  
Restarting my journey :)

S/C/G: 210/184/130

Height: 5ft 6

Default August Alternachat!

How is everyone doing??

I couldn't seem to find a chat thread anywhere and the forum seems to have slowed somewhat - I hope it's because everyone is busy with holidays, fun things or keeping fit

I need a serious kick up the butt... I've done nothing for my health recently. Every so often I will throw myself back into a healthy eating plan and manage it for 2/3rds of the day and then something goes wrong and I find myself with a chocoalte bar in my hand. Something just isn't clicking with me... I'm desperately trying to find my motivation and will power but they seem to have gone on holiday and left me behind!

So, I'm just going to try and seriously take it one day at a time. Tomorrow I am setting myself the target of staying on plan which means eating all my meals and snacks on time and not straying by eating junk food or drinking fizzy drinks or alcohol and I want to go for a walk too. At least for an hour.

I hope everyone is having a good summer. What are everyones goals? It's nearly over and it feels like it hasn't even begun!!

Take Care Chicas!!
Old 08-10-2009, 06:57 PM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hey everyone -

I am off on holiday for a week so I won't be around much. I am hoping to have a fun vacation but still maintain my current weight . . .or hopefully lose some!
Old 08-11-2009, 04:49 PM   #3  

i actually just found this forum after lurking around the other communities and i know i fit in really well here....

ive been dieting and doing the shred workout since june 2nd but i really wasn't losing much....so i started low carbing around july 15th and so far ive lost about 14 pounds....ill be 26 the 21st of august and ive really packed on weight in the last 4 years.....i used to starve myself and take ephedra for weight loss when i was in my teens and 20's but when they outlawed ephedra and i stopped taking it the weight just piled on and my metabolism was wrecked....i started eating like crap and drinking mountain dew.but i realized after i gained like 50 pounds that i did not want to be overweight and unhealthy....so here i am.

maria,i totally understand about having a chocolate bar ,lol,i crave chocolate so bad during pms..... but then i found out i could have chocolate cool whip because it doesn't have that many carbs....so when i crave choc. i just get a spoon of cool whip....i also make myself excersice when i feel like giving up...i do the 30 day shred. its only 20 minutes and i always feel re-motivated after.
your hair is awesome btw......i just dyed mine pink !
Old 08-11-2009, 06:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/170/145

Height: 5'5

Hey all!

My goal is to first get back to my last summers weight of 155

I'm sitting at 167-169 right now ;/

Alcohol is probably the main issue so I'm trying to stear clear of that.
My bf is in a band and we're always surrounded by temptations at show that are 99% of the time in bars.

The main hurdle is going to be not drinking when he is. Or when I'm around everyone having fun.

I just know if I don't cut the majority of the alcohol calories outta my diet then its hopeless to lose and weight. Blah,

but I also don't wanna replace with something worse.

We'll see how it goes- anyone got any tips?advice?jokes!? Haha
Later all
Old 08-12-2009, 01:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Well so far the month is not going so hot. I had swine flu two weeks ago and apparently that screwed up my inner ear, so I'm dizzy lying down, can't sleep if it's dark because it feels like it's pressing against me, random pains and numbness, etc. Add that to starting the TOM today, and well... not a happy person. Just so I don't like a completely stereotypical depressed Goth, I did join Weight Watchers and love it so far, it's so much easier than writing down everything on sticky notes and fairly cheap (and nicer to the environment and the pandas. I care about the pandas). As always, the only good thing about not being well is that you lose weight; I can't cook because I can't stand upright for that long, so it's been spaghetti and lots of fluids. Here's to a fantastic Lammas!
Old 08-12-2009, 09:07 AM   #6  

so sorry to here your not feeling well gypsy.....ive had inner ear problems a few years ago and i know how bad that sucks....do you know how you caught swine flu?does it feel different that the regular flu?
anyway,hope you feel better asap!
Old 08-12-2009, 04:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Thanks sweetheat. Swine flu feels just like regular flu, I'm not quite sure what makes it so dangerous. Two other people in my summer class caught it at the same time and were out for the week as well so we got a reprieve from some of the work. I think I caught it at the mall when I was home with my parents, we're not sure. My mother who's a nurse was the one who told me that since it wasn't flu season, it was more likely than not swine flu.

What did they give you for the inner ear problems and how long does it take to go away? I'm starting a job in two weeks and school and I'd like to not be on the verge of passing out all the time.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:12 PM   #8  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone =D

I definitely feel like i fit in this forum the best, but I HAD noticed a definite lack of activity which is why I hadn't really posted much before now. lol

Gypsy I've had my share of inner ear problems as well...i used to get a terrible inner ear infection once every couple of years, and I've actually had to have tubes in my ears twice....and I definitely remember how much that sucked. Since my inner ear problems were all infections, they were just giving me antibiotics and decongestants....and sometimes they'd give me ear drops for the pain. The amount of time it takes to go away really depends on how bad you let it get before you went to go see a doctor...lol. I do hope you feel better soon =/

Maria, I TOTALLY understand the trouble with staying on plan. Two nights ago, I had mcdonalds for dinner...and not a salad, a 10 piece chicken nugget meal, soda fries and all. Yesterday I had about 4 or 5 huge greasy onion rings at a bowling alley, AND long john silvers...and today I had long john silvers AGAIN. I think its because my boyfriend is here and he doesn't want to eat my "crappy diet food" and so he's always like "i'm gonna go get something" and I have tons of trouble resisting the temptation....
I WANT to lose the weight, I'm just finding it so hard to stay motivated and stay on track >.<
Old 08-12-2009, 06:50 PM   #9  

gypsy,i think they gave me some ear drops and antibiotics. its been awhile so i can't remember the name of the meds....im so sorry your sick though....hopefully it passes pretty quick and you'll be good as new

divine,my husband and son eat junk food all the time......my biggest crave is mountain dew and dr. pepper.....and we have 2 cases of each in my fridge,lol.
i was having a ton of problem with motivation back when i first started in June. i would diet all day then drink sodas at night. then i started low carbing
in july and i have had no cravings for sugar as of today (except pms)....i don't know what happened,its just like i don't crave sugar anymore and i feel awesome.plus i get to eat steak and omlets,so i guess that helps. btw,what kind of diet/fitness plans are you girls on?

i hope this forum picks up because i think its pretty rad =D
Old 08-12-2009, 08:19 PM   #10  
on the way to skinny

I'm doing WW @ home...my mom had the books lying around so I decided to try it, and when the bf isn't here, it's super easy for me to stick to and keep track of. I'm also drinking the slim fast shakes in the morning, but that's just because I like them and they are simple and I have to get up for work at 4:30am...so anything more complicated then that just isn't an option for me...lol

I wouldn't know about what I'm going to crave when I'm on my TOM...because I haven't been dieting for long enough to know. lol. I hope it's nothing too bad though, because if I was really feeling that badly, I don't think I'd be able to resist >.<
Old 08-12-2009, 08:38 PM   #11  

dude..

during TOM is the worst.....i want to eat chocolate so bad.....last month i made my son give me a bite of his candybar,then i felt guilty while i was chewing and spit it in the garbage.....cool whip definately helps though...they have different flavors so i bought strawberry this time
Old 08-12-2009, 08:56 PM   #12  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

I haven't posted here in quite a while. To be honest I just seem to suck at keeping up with the "chat" threads. Plus I've been busy with the Triathlon stuff... and lately I just feel old. :P
Old 08-12-2009, 09:16 PM   #13  
on the way to skinny

everybody talks about cool whip, but i haven't actually looked at the nutritional information on it. is it really not that bad for you?...i always figured it was terrible...lol

what's really helped me i think is the WW fudgesicles they sell in stores...and also there are crystal light popsicles and stuff....haha
Old 08-12-2009, 09:57 PM   #14  

basically cool whip is 25 calories and 2 carbs per serving.....which is 2 tbsps...good stuff!

i haven't tried the crystal light popsicles im going to check the grocery store next time im there.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:13 PM   #15  
on the way to skinny

they are REALLY good. the one thing i've had issues with involving crystal light is sometimes it tastes very watered down...
but the popsicles are not like that at all! the lemonade one is almost TOO sour. it's great =D
Closed Thread