Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 01:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 193/185/130

Height: 5''4'

Wink Shaun T Insanity!

I saw this newly released workout from beachbody and I thought it is really insane! people were sweating like crazy! the trainer claims that you can burn about 1000 calories per work out session...and the best part is an amazing body transformation in 60 days!

Anybody tried this? or willing to join me? I just got turbo jam extreme last week and I need a faster remedy so I might return it and just get this intensive workout...so ladies come out and share your experience or join me to shed off the pounds! I am currently 168 and willing to go down to 120
Old 07-21-2009, 11:06 AM   #2  

I'm interested. I was waiting for reviews from others before I make the investment though.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:54 AM   #3  
Workin' It

Haven't used the video, and I don't know that I would believe the 1000 calorie in a workout claim, but it does look like it would be a good workout.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:39 AM   #4  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Height: 5'5"

Did you see this advertisment on tv or what I would reaaly like to see ad could you tell me where you saw it.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:28 AM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Here ya go for a peek into the program

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_sSojJQetI

I have never used it but I googled and found this video on youtube.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:01 PM   #6  

I'd be curious to know if anyone decided to try this. It looks really intense but of course I'm sure that means it works. I have a TON of workout video's and the one thing that annoys me is that they seem to forget that most of us working out at home does so on carpet and not on a hard surface like they are. I find that alot of plyo type exercises are actually harder on my knees/ankles on carpet b/c my body absorbs the shock moreso than the soles of my sneakers if I was on a regular hard surface floor. I've been iffy about Insanity because it has alot of plyo and I'm concerned about this.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5'7"

I'm new to this forum and registered when I saw this post. I think I'm pulling the trigger and getting this.

I'm wary of getting stuff from an infomercial because it's always too good to be true, but I liked the aspect of not needing any special equipment that was claiming some miracle weight loss. It looks like you're basically sweating your butt off and weight loss will follow.

Even if I don't lose 1000 calories with every workout, anything to get me moving won't be a bad thing.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:08 AM   #8  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=136325

This is a link to another forum that I am a member of called VideoFitness. This link goes to a check-in of people who are doing Insanity. Disclaimer: I am not part of this group and haven't read the threads {they are in week two of the rotation...}

If you do a search for Insanity on VF you will find other thoughts and opinions that might help you make up your mind. I've read a few of those myself.

Hope that helps.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:58 AM   #9  
Losing 20! :)

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5ft 5in

I am currently on the P90X program and I can say it is VERY intense! If you arent already some what fit then it is incredibly hard to finish the workouts since they are an hour each! But it will work and you can work up to getting on a higher level as you go....But, it really works...invest in it...Good luck
Old 07-31-2009, 02:47 PM   #10  

I have been doing Beachbody videos for 5 years now. I think I own a DVD in almost all their collections except for P90X. But I have the entire Hip Hop Abs, Rockin Body, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 etc. Insanity is sponsored by the same company and the instructor is the same one in the HHA and Rockin Body videos. I can say that Beachbody videos are not 'gimmicky' they are VERY solid workouts and have always worked for me. I actually plan on popping in my Slim in 6 tomorrow b/c I previewed it again last night and forgot how great of a workout it is. I don't personally own Insanity but just wanted to say that I would personally vouch for Beachbody and their products...now their customer service is another story *rolls eyes*
Old 07-31-2009, 02:47 PM   #11  

LOL OH and I TOO am not affiliated with Beachbody in any way, just another consumer passing along some info.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:03 PM   #12  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Height: 5'5"

Thanks onederchic for attaching the youtube I too have been doing p90x double and kinda doing ahybrid thing{my own bootcamp} I am 57 and I have really transformed my body and have HEARD nothing but INSANITY INSANITY on all the boards I read including several people on my bb site that finish p90x when I do BUT after seeing THAT I don't know THAT IS INSANE and I am a NUT!!!!
Old 08-16-2009, 01:37 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiahna23 View Post
I am currently on the P90X program and I can say it is VERY intense! If you arent already some what fit then it is incredibly hard to finish the workouts since they are an hour each! But it will work and you can work up to getting on a higher level as you go....But, it really works...invest in it...Good luck
Do you mean P90X or Insanity? I'm pretty sure with Insanity you need to be in good shape, I can't even do a pushup on my toes yet and it doesn't look like there are modifiers. If you aren't in good shape it looks like it's easy to injure yourself.

P90X is a little more friendly since it's weights where you can pick your own and go at your own pace and p90x shows some modifiers.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:22 PM   #14  
Goddess of my universe

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/128

Height: 5' 7"

I have seen the Insanity dvds and even if you are fit they will kick your butt. The only resistance in your own body weight and just looking at it had me breaking out in a sweat - lol.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:51 PM   #15  
Losing 20! :)

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
Haven't used the video, and I don't know that I would believe the 1000 calorie in a workout claim, but it does look like it would be a good workout.
its true! I know someone who does it...I just think its hard...VERY HARD....harder than P90X! So Im doing the P90X first....lol...:exer cise:
Closed Thread