Old 08-16-2009, 11:12 AM   #1  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Default I'm crying and acting pathetic

I did so good this week, last week too.

In the last 2 weeks I have lost ONE LB. You can probably lose that with one good BM. which means I probably haven't lost any weight at all!

I'm so angry!

I have lost an inch off my waist and TWO INCHES off my bust, but no weight? Why not? I cut down on dairy and olive oil and upped my cals to the proper deficit. I eat about 1750 a day and exercise almost EVERY DAY.

If I"m losing inches where is the fat going if not off my body!? Did it just slide down to my hips or something? Is it relocating?!

Last night I tried to prepare myself for not losing, but I guess I didn't do a very good job as I am sitting here totally freaking out, crying and discouraged.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:16 AM   #2  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Oh darn, Lottie! I think you're doing so well that it is hard to not have the benefit of a loss showing on the scale. But, you're losing inches, so you have to keep that in mind. It is working, but the scale isn't cooperating right now. Keep plugging through!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:29 AM   #3  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

lottie: I experienced the same 2 weeks ago. A no loss week and I was OP and getting after the exercise.. very disappointing!!! BUT.. I found out that changing up an exercise plan can sometimes cause water retention. I had started lifting weights, and apparently your body wants to hold on to some water to help repair muscles, etc. So my question is.. are you drinking all of your water? Like.. close to a gallon per day? Drink LOTS of it. It really helps flush everything out.. add some lemon juice to it, too.. it knocked out my water retention in about 2 days.

On a side note: Every time I read a good eating/exercise book, it says DO NOT place all of your faith in the scale. Measurements are a MUCH more accurate way to determine if you are reaching your goals. With all of the fluctuations that a scale can do.. it is just not that reliable. Hard to look at a number that stays the same though.. I totally feel ya!

Last edited by HotWings; 08-16-2009 at 11:33 AM.
HotWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:40 AM   #4  
unabashed

yeah I drink 64-96 oz of water a day.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:45 AM   #5  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Oh Lottie. Please don't cry. I know, easier said than done, right? If you are losing inches, isn't that the main objective? To get smaller? The darn scale is just an indication of everything that is going on in your body on a particular day. Water, muscle, bone, BM, and yes - fat. But of course the scale doesn't just measure fat, unfortunately. Just think how ecstatic you would be if it gave you a read out and said "Lottie, you have gained two pounds of muscle and lost three pounds of fat." But NO, the stupid thing says "Lottie, you have lost one pound." WHAT?

Hang in there. It is a learning process, and from what I can tell you are doing great!
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 290/280/150

Height: 5' 7"

Lottie, the inches you lost is what counts. You may not see it in the scale because the fat is turning into muscle from the exercise and muscle weighs more. As you continue with your program it will all even itself out and you will see the results on the scale too. I know it's frustrating but you have to keep your head up and push through. You can do it.
jrsygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:51 AM   #7  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

Isn't whittling the fat off your body the whole point? Are you trying to get slimmer, or you really just want to see a smaller number on the scale?
Ija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:01 PM   #8  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Lottie, I've had many times when my inches dropped and the scales dropped later. Hang in there. Your scale victory will come soon.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:03 PM   #9  

Height: 5'11"

It often goes this way for me too, Lottie, and it's frustrating as heck but I've tried to learn to just roll with it. The alternative is to be upset, even though we've done a good job over the things that we can control. Lots of people don't like to weigh daily but I do it and this is why: Chances are when you weigh in a day or so, the scale will show that you ARE going down; it's just not reflecting it today for whatever reason (stupid scale!).

You have lost 35 pounds! You obviously know what to do and are doing it correctly. So chin up, because you are losing inches and the scale will reflect that soon. I think we get so disappointed because we rely on the scale to give us that feedback, but we also need to use the tape measure and how we feel. It's not just all about the scale although I too wonder....if the inches are smaller, where did the fat go!??

Hang in there, Lottie. You're doing this right!

Last edited by Windchime; 08-16-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:08 PM   #10  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottie63 View Post
I have lost an inch off my waist and TWO INCHES off my bust, but no weight? Why not? I cut down on dairy and olive oil and upped my cals to the proper deficit. I eat about 1750 a day and exercise almost EVERY DAY.
And in the bolded part lies the only things you should care about. Your hard work is showing!

I gained last week but my clothes fit better. I spent a little while WTFing over it, but guess what? My clothes fit better, I am taking that and running with it. And you should too.
nooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:15 PM   #11  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Salt, PMS, TOM, Cabbage and other high fiber foods? These are the things that stall my scale victories...and the more water I drink, the more there is for my body to hold on to. Keep on trucking and the "whoose" will happen soon. And you have lost weight...a pound is a pound...KWIM?
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:17 PM   #12  
unabashed

thanks everyone, and nooch you are right, I had posted right after I weighed and now that I had some time to talk to friends, you guys, and to think about it I guess I should feel ok. As you all should know (because I complain about them all the time) is my boobs are like an endless source of stress and pain to me. So losing that 2 inches off my bust is a really great accomplishment. I'll take it. I wont' smile about it...but i"ll take it.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:18 PM   #13  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

With the inches being gone? Well, I find that measurements are not an exact science. It's hard to get the same exact spot 2 times in a row and to hold the tape in the same spot.

You've lost a pound. And that IS something. That's 1/2 lb per week, so the scale is headed in the right direction. Keep on working at it, keep on tweaking your program to suit you. Could be the following week you'll have a nice big woosh. Just stick with that program and the pounds WILL come off. Lots of patience is going to be required on your part Just know that you are doing the right thing. Take comfort from that and know that as long as you don't stop - you WILL get to your goal.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:24 PM   #14  
unabashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
With the inches being gone? Well, I find that measurements are not an exact science. It's hard to get the same exact spot 2 times in a row and to hold the tape in the same spot.
Sorry? Not sure I get what you are saying....are you saying I prolly DIDN'T lose the inches? cuz I know I did because I went form a 44 H to a 42 G.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:25 PM   #15  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

That scale... It can be a great friend when we see what we like and a demon when it doesn't show us anything at all. Don't let it beat you down. I have been doing the same thing getting frustrated at that scale even thou my clothes are hanging off me not really seeing whats going on. Keep at it and keep your head up. You have to know your worth it before we can tell it to you. Fight for it.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote