Old 08-15-2009, 04:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Walden Farms products

Has anyone been using the Walden Farms products? (WF) I have used the salad dressings in the past on Atkins. I was told by the counselor that it was ok to use the products. I see that they are available in Publix stores in FL... I also found that they make more than just salad dressings... I wanted to buy the ketchup, it also has zero fat, calories & carbs, but it does have 170mg of sodium per Tbs. I was hoping that could be an alternative to the tomato supplements. Anyone have anythoughts?

Also, they make BBQ sauce, and chocolate sauce that I can't believe is also zero everything too... that could be dangerous.

Thanks!
Carla B.

Last edited by cmb9697; 08-15-2009 at 05:02 PM.
cmb9697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 04:32 PM   #2  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

I have only tried one dressing and it is ok, not great but not wonderful. I have not tried anything else.
lmickley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I really like the WF Balsamic Vinagrette. I have another friend on the program and she mentioned that the chocolate sauce is approved to eat and she dips her strawberries in it. Sounds wonderful! I looked today at the grocery store and couldn't find it though...
funshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 04:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Funshine,
I like the balsamic vinagrette too, it also is good on meat. I put it on steamed broccoli and chicken breast.

The ranch tastes a little wierd, but the cesar, 1000 island, and honey mustard are pretty good.

So it sound like if the chocolate sauce is approved, the ketchup probably is too... that's a plus. I think I can switch that out for the MRC tomato supplement in some of those recipies.

Last edited by cmb9697; 08-15-2009 at 05:01 PM.
cmb9697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:46 PM   #5  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

I have the BBQ sauce and like it. Not perfect but it helps mask the taste of the chicken and I really need that.

Started MRC 5/9/09
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:23 PM   #6  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

see now my center said the salad dressing was ok, but not the SF syrup. But I've read from other posters on here that they use it. I, personally, use a SF syrup from Maple Grove Farm (sold at Wal-Mart) that I love. Of course my center doesn't know that I do that. I've wondered about their ketchup. I've thought about ordering that and the BBQ sauce online?
noahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip View Post
I have the BBQ sauce and like it. Not perfect but it helps mask the taste of the chicken and I really need that.

Started MRC 5/9/09

Rip...You and me...chicken is not my favorite at meal time....especially when you are so hungy to sit down and eat, and you look at your plate and know you are going to have to force the chicken down. I did stir fry some Sunday with snow peas and Mrs. Dash spicy, so that really helped. Tomorrow I will buy some of the boullion so I can try some of the recipes....maybe that will help. I would much rather eat a plate full of veggies. Saturday is a cooking class on breakfasts, so that should help me, because I'm getting very tired of eggs too. I did do the French toast with Walden's syrup...that is the best so far. After the cooking class...I will share some hints with everyone.
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:42 PM   #8  

I have tried the Creamy Bacon dressing. It's OK, don't think I will buy it again. I have seen the salad dressings, BBQ sauce, and ketchup at Super Walmart.
maui melon is offline   Reply With Quote