Old 08-09-2009, 04:06 PM   #1  

Default Newbie

Hi I am planning to start the MRC on Tuesday. I just want to know if it is really worth the money and if you can purchase the shakes (HNS) on line. Anyone on here from the Panama City area?

Thanks
MrsBreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:14 PM   #2  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 299.6/200.6/140

Height: 5ft 2in

It is worth the money to me...if I stick to plan...otherwise if I cheat a little I am wasting time that I have paid for. Also, you can buy the protein shakes on diet direct.com...I prefer the concentrates(easier to mix)...I also only do the flax, multivitamin and mrc-6, I do not buy any other pills from them.
Trying2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trying2008 View Post
It is worth the money to me...if I stick to plan...otherwise if I cheat a little I am wasting time that I have paid for. Also, you can buy the protein shakes on diet direct.com...I prefer the concentrates(easier to mix)...I also only do the flax, multivitamin and mrc-6, I do not buy any other pills from them.
Welcome Mrs. Breck,
Check out our August thread, this is where most of the chatting happens... Also I will bump up the thread about finding after market HNS and such, can save some $$ if you purchase from diet direct.com and other such sites as Trying2008 mentioned.
Good Luck!
Karen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 05:00 PM   #4  
shontai

S/C/G: 179/175/140

Height: 5'3"

Talking Newbie

I JOINED TODAY!!!!! Yes, I'm very excited, but at the same time very scared. I'm excited, because I'm confident that the plan will work. But yet I'm nervous, because I've tried every trick in the book, only to give up. I found this site, search the internet for anything I could find out about MRC. So I plan on camping out here to find any info I can, and to get as much support as possible. Also looking at some of the profiles, and reading about the success everyone has had on the plan, keeps me motivated.
shontai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 05:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I'm new too. I was nervous about the program because I just wasn't finding much out there about MRC when I searched the internet. I sort of stumbled on this site by accident, but that turned out to be a blessing.
cmb9697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 05:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Hello all new members....so glad to have you here. I am a newbie too, I started posting way before I joined...I wanted to learn all I could before making that big decision....so I just joined a week ago.

I too found this site when trying to google MRC...there is not very much info on their site about the plan, but the posters here were the best and full of great support, info and just good friends.

Today is my last day of my first full week OP, and it took some time getting use to it...all the measuring and reading over the menu a hundred times, trying to figure out what to eat and make it delicious!!! I think that is my biggest problem, I'm eating the same old things and need variety. I purchased all clear HNS's, so most of the recipes call for the bouillion or creamies, so I have to re-stock on Tuesday at WI so I will be sure to purchase those this time.

I am not taking any of thier pills, so I hope I will still have the same success as others by not going this route. I take my flax, multi vit and calcium pills, so I hope that is enough.

So welcome...ask lots of questions because you won't have to wait long in getting an answer...we are one big (and not so big) happy family here on 3FC's and you have all just stepped into the only thing good about being overweight is the posters here. Enjoy the company!!!!
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:37 PM   #7  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

welcome! i started the same day fifties lady did, at the same center even. and we seem to be doing fantastic! i'm sure you'll do great.
leahruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:45 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 279.5/195.5/166

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb9697 View Post
I'm new too. I was nervous about the program because I just wasn't finding much out there about MRC when I searched the internet. I sort of stumbled on this site by accident, but that turned out to be a blessing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shontai View Post
I JOINED TODAY!!!!! Yes, I'm very excited, but at the same time very scared. I'm excited, because I'm confident that the plan will work. But yet I'm nervous, because I've tried every trick in the book, only to give up. I found this site, search the internet for anything I could find out about MRC. So I plan on camping out here to find any info I can, and to get as much support as possible. Also looking at some of the profiles, and reading about the success everyone has had on the plan, keeps me motivated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBreck View Post
Hi I am planning to start the MRC on Tuesday. I just want to know if it is really worth the money and if you can purchase the shakes (HNS) on line. Anyone on here from the Panama City area?

Thanks
WooHoo Florida and welcome to MRC!!

I love this site and check often for the little boost I need.

I won't say that it is the easiest weight loss program, can be restrictive, but that is successful for me, coming from a person that ate rice, puffed rice, and unsweetened applesauce for 30 days to lose 30 pounds. And why I think this program is going to work for me in the long haul is the stabilization and maintenance. I can lose weight like I am getting paid to do it, but as soon as I get off a diet.....well I never knew what to do, but eat like I used to and that doesn't work.

I like the accountability of going for weigh-ins twice a week. I like the fact if you go missing the cneter will call and check on you. I can't say I have been hungry on this plan, munchies yes, but not actual hunger.

Good luck to you and make sure to report back with your success!!
msim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:59 PM   #9  

Talking

Quote:

Thanks
it is worth the money if want to lose weight. You can buy the HNS drinks on several sights, I do
Smileydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Oh, how about the cabbage soup....you could eat all you wanted for many days in a row...could never get away from the stool long enough to eat another bowl. MRC is so much more sensible.
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:26 AM   #11  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Thanks
Mrs.Breck, I go to the Shalimar (Fort Walton Beach, Destin) center. Good luck!
lmickley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:43 AM   #12  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

Is it worth it, yes, at least for me it is. I am much healthier and feel so much better and the pounds just keep coming off, some faster than others and occassionally one of those pesky pounds trys and succeeds to come back. As long as you are committed and ready for the plan it WILL work. It is expensive and that is why I try so hard (sometimes fail) to stay on the plan I want to stop spending the money.

My center has told me that once you get to stabalization it is very important to follow it and that is where most of their people go back to the 'old' habits. Just because you have lost all the weight does not mean you can go and eat whatever you want whenever you want, which face it that is why most of us are here in the first place.

Have said that I don't know much more about stabalization since I am not their yet. I will get to that thread when I am closer but I am trying to prepare for how I need to eat from now on.

Be ready and mindful of the plan and it will be worth every penny.

Good luck and welcome

Started MRC 5/9/09
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:37 PM   #13  
shontai

S/C/G: 179/175/140

Height: 5'3"

I'm on my first day of Pre-conditioning, and am curious to understand which supplements represent the following, which is listed on the Pre-Conditioning Menu & Shopping List:
Thermo 3?
CoQ103?
Oil? I'm assuming this is the flaxseed supplements I've been reading about
shontai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:00 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 279.5/195.5/166

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
I'm on my first day of Pre-conditioning, and am curious to understand which supplements represent the following, which is listed on the Pre-Conditioning Menu & Shopping List:
Thermo 3?
CoQ103?
Oil? I'm assuming this is the flaxseed supplements I've been reading about
shontai
I pulled out my preconditioning stuff and I found what you are referencing on my food journal sheet.
Honestly I have no idea what Thermo is because I never took it. But I filled in numbers next to it, so I probably used it to keep track of the All Day Weight Loss. CoQ10 is antioxidant that helps to fight free radicals in the body, oil is for flax, 9 capsules of MRCs--I use actual oil from health food store as opposed to the capsules. When you go back for your food class, you will get a big packet of information and there is a page with all MRC supplements, what they do, and what they cost.
msim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:53 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 188/151.5/141

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Welcome aboard. Just want to say good luck on the plan.
angelofsc is offline   Reply With Quote