Old 08-12-2009, 11:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Weight Loss Buddies III

I saw we were at 500 posts when I logged in this morning, so I made this one. Hope everyone got there PM. I will post more later.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:23 PM   #2  

Lindy-I watched level 3 a couple of days ago and decided to give it a try last night. Not sure if I will do it again today or stick with level 2 for a while. Yes I will do 30ds for the next 10 days. I am going to take it with me too. Not sure that I will do it everyday while gone, but I am going to try my hardest. Glad the scale is back down for you. I have glucosamine to take too, but if it made you gain, I dont want to take it. I have it for my knees, they are so bad(hereditary)

Dance-have fun walking your friends dog. I try to walk mine everyday. They love it

AJ-we all slip, just get back to what you know is right for you and you will still see a loss on Sunday.

I slept until 11 today, ahhh!! I want to get a bike ride in but it is pretty hot out right now. May wait until this afternoon when it cools off a little. So I guess that leaves me with housework. I will check in later ladies, Have a great day.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Neesy- I am so sorry for every thing that is going on for you right now. I have had a 15 hour a day job and it laft me with nothing outside of it. Litterally! I am sorry about your hubby. At least you are hearing from him. My twin brothers, during boot, wrote me twice and I thought I was going to die! It was by far the hardest time in my life home alone while they were there. I can't imagine my hubby. SO SORRY!

Burgundy- I am so impressed with how fast you kicked your butt back on to the plan! I need a little bit of you with me right now. And thanks for making the new thread!

Lindy- I am glad that you feel optimistic again. Your hard will really will pay off. And didn't know that either and its good to know!

So you have talked me into 30ds! I am going to get it today.

*I on the other hand have fallen off the wagon for TWO days. =( More than that really if you consider all of my cereal this weekend. I am so mad at myself. Yesterday I told myself it was a new day... I gained a pound so I fell apart. I am really going to try today. Extra water and no starch today to try to flush the crud out of me. I have been fairly stable for 4 weeks and week 5 has just been disaterous! Wish me luck. I am starting my day now!
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

AJ - you were killing it last week - don't beat yourself up for taking it a little easier this week. This is a long term thing, an endurance race not a sprint, right?

Burgundy - thanks for organizing us!

I'm off to lunch with some friends at a favorite mexican place - I WILL NOT eat the chips and salsa. I'm telling you guys to make myself stick to it : )
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:35 PM   #5  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

Thanks Burgund for the email. I would have been lost!

Thanks for all the well wishes with my headache! Yesterday the migrane or sinus headache did get the best of me. I had had it since the night before. Amazingly the swim helped it alot for a couple of hours it eased up, but after that all **** broke lose. The headache was back and I ate. I had spaghetti, garlic bread and another slice of carrot cake. Ugh. I actually felt sick. I did weigh this morning and didn't gain. It is possible it may show up tomorrow, otherwise the fact that I swam laps yesterday (trying to ease up the headache higher metabolism and blood flow) or the fact I pigged out before 7pm and didn't eat anything else. Who knows, but I am praying tomorrow the scale says the same thing!!! LOL.......

Now today it is still hear - just like a nosey neighbor! It is so annoying, because it is majorly messing me up with my morning walk/jog. I can't go out the heat and workout because it will make it worse. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. So I am watching my eating, and decided I'll just do another swim this afternoon.

AJ - Glad your back and don't beat yourself up. A change back to healthy eating and some workouts and that lb will be gone, along with more!

Burgund - It sounds like your in for a relaxing day - good for you! For pain, if you want something natural that also helps pain the Acai Berry does. Not the sugary drinks and crap they have in the store - that is all watered down. There is one I use to take, it isn't as strong as my Zoe, but it did help me, it call Treasure Chest and its in the Health Food Stores. Just a thought, as it is also good for red blood cells, energy, pain and all kinds of stuff.

Lindy - May your focused! I need to do something about that! LOL........I am happy for you dropping lbs and feeling better, but hey, it's OK to slow down a bit! LOL........I mean, you know.....I wouldn't want you to feel bad about winning this contest or anything......;-)
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: See signature

AJ- oh girly...you will rebound from your "slip ups", starting over...thats all you can do. It has happened to the best of us,me - more times than I can count. On days that you binge, try to incorporate some extra exercise that day to counter balance the binge, ya know? Anyway...good luck with the rest of the week, I really hope you see 1 lb. down - common, you got this in the bag! lol

Mygrits - ugh, still? That stinks. I woke up with some serious allergies, I brought an extra towel with me to the gym just for blowing my nose. My eyes wouldnt stop watering too, its was horrible. But by 11 a.m., I was as good as gold. Anyway...whats the matter Sandy...you scurred? LOL! Im really just uping the exercise for the possiblity of going to the wedding. Although I must admit, I have not watched tv in 2 weeks and am really loving how I feel these days. I just have so much energy, its amazing.

Dance - so, I have to know - did you steer clear of the chips? If they had fresh guacamole I would be in trouble. God, I LOVE that stuff. Its actually not that bad for you but in large quantities, uh -yeah...thats calorie ****.

I had a good lunch, homemade chicken soup. I actually indulged in carbs too...half a cup of oodles and half a peeled potato (that was cooked in the soup). It was good, not too bad on calories and very filling. I am having lunch with a friend tomorrow and we are doing...duh.duh..duh..duhhhhhh(scary noise) - SUSHI! Ahhhh...control, I need to control my portions and I will be ok. Hopefully, lol.
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Lindy - no chips, not even one! If I hadn't said something about it here on the thread, I'm sure I would have been snacking with everyone else. Agree with you on the tv thing - I barely watch at all anymore - it's so much better for our plans to be up and moving around or konked out, unable to snack : )

Am on track for a 1200 day (to offset yesterday) if I can just stick to my plan for dinner (shredded chicken breast in a tomato/onion/garlic/cayenne pepper sauce, called tinga de pollo in mexico, which I have in the freezer, brown rice, sauteed spinach and strawberries). BTW, tinga de pollo is actually super diet friendly for those that cook - google for lots of recipes. I don't add the chipotle to mine as that's not how my friend taught me but it's probably good that way too.

What's everyone else's plan for the rest of the day? I still need to fit in my workout when I get home which I'm not so great at.
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:40 PM   #8  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Thanks Burgandy for the messsage! I have been looking forward to coming on here all day. I made it up to workout this morning, didn't get much more than an hour in because I had an early meeting but I did get up. I have to admit, I argued with myself a lot but it happened. I finally said my arse ain't gonna get skinny by laying here in bed complaining!

AJ - I hear you about the slipup - sometimes if I allow myself a slip I fall off the wagon for days for some reason and can't get back on - I am trying to limit the slips to almost nothing until I can better control myself. But the main point is to get back on the wagon, whip those horses (well not whip but gently tug on their hair) and sit up proud - look how far you've come already.

I think I missed some posts in the last thread, will go back and read em! Be back later to catch up with those I missed!

For today I have a late work night, until at least 9 - then spin class tomorrow morning - ah callouses on my arse are coming!!! I'm told that you shouldn't eat Tuna everyday - is that true??
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:59 PM   #9  

I got up after sleeping in, ate a fiber one bar and got my workout in first thing. That is amazing for me, usually I wait until about now to workout. So now I can get my cleaning done and work in the yard. Still want to ride my bike and walk the dogs.

Dance-Mexican food is my downfall. I would not have been as strong as you and would have indulged in the chips and salsa, yum yum. I will have to look up the Tinga de pollo.

Sandy-that damn headache, wish it would go away for you. Maybe the swim will help again. I may try the acai berry. Thanks

Lindy-lunch sounded good. I had a chicken wrap with pico de gallo and taco sauce and a tiny bit of sour cream. It was good. Be good tomorrow when you have sushi, or wait, go ahead and eat whatever you want, lol.

Staccie-thats a long day at work, but at least you got your workout in already and wont have to worry about that. There is mercury in fish, so I dont think it would be good to eat tuna everyday, you need to switch up what you eat so your body gets all the nutrients it needs from different foods.

Off to do the dishes, they arent going to do themselves, although that would be awesome. I will check in later
Old 08-12-2009, 04:07 PM   #10  

Burgundy - lol, your funny! Ha....it looks like my plans back fired, my friend couldnt get a babysitter so no sushi for me. This is a good thing for sure.

Stacie - ok, I forgot to mention this but after day 2 of spinning...yeah...I got calysis on my arse (lol).

Dance - Im doing baked chicken with frozen veggies, I think Im going to throw some mango salsa in it to mix it up. Its left overs.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:43 PM   #11  

Dancer- That sounds amazing! I love spicy.

Lindy- I had a pineapple, cucumber, lime and cilantro salsa last night and it made all the difference in the world! I love summer fruits. ANDddddd I want your recipe for the soup! MMmmmmm.

Burgundy- So are you coming to my house next?? j/k. I am glad you are so on track today.

Staccie- Thanks for the support. Yeah I really fell off this time. Apparently into a 12 portion bowl of cereal and candy. lol. I went to the store. Bought more of what I love and I am doing much MUCH better today.

I am going to our house in the mountains for a few nights. I will try to get on at night or in the AM from my phone. (NO REAL INTERNET!! ) I am prepairing a bunch of food at home and lugging it up with me so while every one else is riding the gondola for fondue... I can eat my good stuff. Okay Good luck the next two days every one!

<3
Old 08-12-2009, 06:49 PM   #12  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey giiiirls! I am back and married! I missed sooooo many posts, but I just got done reading ALL of them. First off, congrats to EVERYONE on huge losses last week (and yes I am counting you too Lindy, cause we all know you had to lose something and the scale just isn't reflecting it). I, however, while you guys were working super hard, was stuffing my face on my honeymoon. LOL. I didn't start eating until Saturday night though (had to fit into my dress!!!) So I only pigged out for 3 days. Got on the scale this morning and I was up to 295.6, but ate SUPER well today and drank tons of water and feel like I got most of the junk out already. Weighed when I got home from work just cause I was curious and was already down to 294.4.

Don and I (or should I say my husband (!!!!) and I - still feels pretty weird) are going to leave for the gym in a few minutes for the first time in over a month. Eeeek! Like I have been saying all along, I have been busy. But now the wedding is over, and I have to get back to work (and catch up to you guys!)

There is no way I can comment on everything that has happened in the last week, so I won't even try.

Someone asked everyone's ages...I am 24.

Someone else was adding up total weight loss for our group...I am at 56 lbs with my weight this afternoon, so add me to the total!!!

I am going to try my best to post once a day from now on. You guys are so motivating that I will definitely keep on track with exercise if I read how awesome you guys are doing with exercise then hopefully it will keep me on track. That is my week link right now. I have a super easy time with the food, but I just cant get my butt to the gym since we moved to the new house! It's now 11 miles away, as opposed to like 5 before. But, it's pretty much the closest gym to our new house since we live in the boondocks.

I am going to get the wedding and honeymoon pics up on facebook soon, so everyone who is friends with me on there can see them that way. If you aren't friends with me and want to see them...my name is Tiffany Smart in Naples, FL.

Oh and Lindy! You were right down the road from me!!! I actually was born and raised in Fort Myers and only moved down to Naples a couple years ago when I got my current job. 40 mins was just too long of a commute!!!

Talk to everyone soon!
TiffTiff1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:07 PM   #13  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Tiff - Uh, excuse me, Mrs. Smart! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOO HOOOO! YOU ARE MARRIED!

I am so glad everything went well, and you are home safe! So, your an 'ol married lady' huh? LOL..........I am looking forward to your pictures, so hurry it up girlie!

Lindy, Thankyou for mentioning the Mango - Peach Salsa, it is to die for! I baked some chicken in it - delicious!! Yummmy.

I tell you one of my major weaknesses, (I have many) is mexican food, with the refried beans, salsa, sour cream, guacamola and lots of cheese - very dangerous!

Well, heachache is less, but still there - yes, go figure. I did go to the pool, but only got a few laps in, because a storm was coming. So, no real workout today. Tomorrow, headache or not I am going out to workout. I have got to get back into my routine, or I won't lose squat this week.

Check in later!
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:49 PM   #14  

CONGRATULATION TIFF!!! Woo-hoo, I cant wait for you to share your pics. And thanks for your encouragement about my scale snafu...hoepfully Ill see bigger numbers this week on weigh in Sunday. I feel a whole lot less bloated.

Mygrits - yeah...Im so glad you tried it. It makes such a difference on the taste of plain grilled chicken and the calories are hardly there. 20 calories for 2 tblespoons...not bad at all.

Ok...going to do 30DS and go to bed. Im really tired today.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:25 PM   #15  

Awwwe!! Tiff. I am so excited for you. The first 6 months are the hardest in the beginning. Its def an adjustment but fun being newlyweds!! Isn't it weird saying husband?? I still think its weird sometimes.