Old 08-14-2009, 09:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: T.G.I.F. 08/14

Mornin's ladies and gent!

Sorry I was M.I.A. yesterday...I had an incident with a baseball in the ear!

The ball hit the tip of my glove and thank god I turned my head cause it struck me in the top of my ear instead of hitting my eye or nose! My ear was split a bit, in 3 different places, black and blue bruising and swollen to about twice it's size. Totally gross!

I stayed home yesterday to rest and sleep off my I also had to keep putting ice and polysporin on my ear. I haven't slept well in 2 days b/c I'm used to tossing and turning so it was hard to sleep in only one or two positions all night...

I crawled into work today...I just hope I can stay awake!

That's been my last day and a half so T.G.I.F. people!

What's everyone up to this weekend??

Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/260/145

Height: 5'7''

Omg... how do you feel today???
I'm sorry it happened to you...

Last night I went for a chat with the girls at my local Make Up For Ever counter, and it was a surprise to me that my friend put me to the test for a complete makeup... I was soooo nervous!

They would need me in a month and she wanted to give it a try, to see how my work improved in the last months.

No need to say that it was a relief when I finished, I did good!
I went for diner after... at Mc Do. Yeah, I know...

But I took small portions stuff
willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:20 AM   #3  

Willa - I'm okay, thanks for asking. I'm just really
Glad to here you "done good."

Last edited by Wifey; 08-14-2009 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:20 AM   #4  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Wifey -- OWW! I hope you feel better soon!

willa -- I'm assuming you've tried the salads at McDonalds? I really really like the Southwest salad with grilled chicken. I like it so much that I am seriously not even slightly tempted by the burgers and fries. If you served me that salad in a fancy restaurant on some nice china and charged me $12 for it I would pay it happily. So I'm sure you've tried them, but I just wanted to put my plug in for them anyway.

Yesterday was a very nice day, and I managed a good weigh in this morning. I'm still in ONEderland (phew!) and still working my way DOWN my ticker.

Breakfast and lunch are packed but are kind of random. Lots of dairy and fruit, and I'm trying a new sandwich flatbread thing. I mixed up some tuna with mayo, lemon juice, and pickle relish to go on the flatbread. Dinner should be a super easy version of porl ala king with steamed rice and veggies.

Oh, and dinner turned out GREAT yesterday! The tilapia was even better than I had expected. I sprayed it with butter-flavored Pam and sprinkled them with lemon pepper. I mixed some seasonings in with the rice and used the same general seasonings with the broccoli. Delicious! Two thumbs up from the hubby, too!

I hope everyone has a MAGNIFICENT day!

Last edited by Rebound; 08-14-2009 at 10:21 AM.
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

Last night was book club and I ate cheesecake and had two margaritas. So worth it though...

Yesterday I was at the grocery store and I decided to buy a packaged salad (they have a selection of great salads!). Well, I chose the seafood salad and I quickly looked at the calories and it said 240 so I ate the salad and was happy. As I was cleaning up I really looked at the package and noticed that there were two nutritional charts and I missed the one with the dressing. With the dressing, the salad was 540 and get this...41 grams of fat. OMG!!!!!

Next time I will so use my own dressing.

My goal today is to do a 5 mile run. I am putting it out there so I am accountable.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:25 PM   #6  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Wish I had more time to post something more useful & join everyone on the motivate everyone bandwagon, but I'm trying to put a full days work in by 2pm so I can run away and get the car ready for camping and then on the road at 5pm. (Yep, I'll be MIA until sometime on Sunday.)

I'm going to try and keep "on plan" but I'm not going to stress over it too much.

I can't wait until I feel comfortable with myself enough to find a good pair of shorts. :| Even here in the great white north, 25C/77F is still warm for long pants. And let's not even talk about bathing suits. (See? Some guys are even self-conscious. )

Anyway, ladies, it's been a good week. While I've been weighing every day, my first "official" weigh in (Monday) is creeping up on me. Terrible how all my misbehaving this weekend will show through. Oh well. Reap what you sew.

Take care & everyone have a great weekend!!

:Lawrence
Rooster.
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:34 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifey View Post
Willa - I'm okay, thanks for asking. I'm just really
Glad to here you "done good."
This icon makes me laugh
Yes, I did good, can't wait to improve more and more
This is one of the main reason I want to lose weight, to feel better in my body while working in the beauty industry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebound View Post

willa -- I'm assuming you've tried the salads at McDonalds? I really really like the Southwest salad with grilled chicken. I like it so much that I am seriously not even slightly tempted by the burgers and fries. If you served me that salad in a fancy restaurant on some nice china and charged me $12 for it I would pay it happily. So I'm sure you've tried them, but I just wanted to put my plug in for them anyway.
I tried one, it was good, but I prefered the little pesto sandwiches they had. It's a shame it's already gone

Guys, if you like to snack, try the Rice Works crisps, they are sooo yummy and it's also gluten free. I am trying to figure out what is causing me all the digestive problems I have, and Celiac disease may be the answer... so, having a good snack that is gluten free makes me happy

I need to talk more about it with my Dr tho...

Have a nice day everyone
Old 08-14-2009, 12:34 PM   #8  
One step at a time...

riley -- margaritas... So yummy and yet so dangerous!

rooster -- have fun camping! I haven't been since I moved away from my parent's place and lost access to all my dad's camping stuff. I miss it!
Old 08-14-2009, 12:43 PM   #9  
One step at a time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by willa View Post
I tried one, it was good, but I prefered the little pesto sandwiches they had. It's a shame it's already gone
I don't even remember those! They must have been in and out pretty quick. Probably a good thing, though. I LOVE pesto on ANYTHING!

I'm currently trying to forget the fact that McDonalds had Sweet Tea there for a while. They may still do. I've purposely tried to forget about it because I got so obsessed with it for a while there, right before I started back on "my journey." I was getting two or three of them at a time (no ice, please) and stashing them away in my fridge for later drinking. It was scary. And I'm not even southern!
Old 08-14-2009, 01:33 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by willa View Post
This icon makes me laugh
Yes, I did good, can't wait to improve more and more
This is one of the main reason I want to lose weight, to feel better in my body while working in the beauty industry.
I'm beyond tired today but not looking as purple as that guy!

You can do it!
Old 08-14-2009, 03:06 PM   #11  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
I LOVE pesto on ANYTHING!!
My 7 year old dd was looking over my shoulder when I read this and said "she would even like pesto on a popsicle?? Kids!

Clicking right along here today, sticking to my points. I was SO hungry when I got up this morning. Chasing after these extra kids is killing me. Wish the scale would reflect all of my running and points counting.

Just checking in while most short people are sleeping. We had a nice morning walk here this morning, and my little guy who is a crier is doing much better today. Yeah!!!

Rooster - have a great time on your mini-vaca!
Wifey - good Lord, girl! Hope you feel better, sheesh - glad you turned your head!!
Willa - great job!
RileyOzzy - glad you had fun at your club. It's so important to get out and feel like "you" instead of "mom, honey, etc" for once. Sorry about the salad - dumb dressing.

So happy for the weekend!! This week was our first full week back with all the full time DC kids. I'm anxious to watch a movie and cuddle my own kids tonight.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:50 PM   #12  

Hello all! Hope you all are enjoying your Friday! I couldn't make it in earlier but as I always say, better late than never. I've had a busy yet productive day. I got a lot done around the house, took care of the kids and even managed to get Phase 1/Day 5 down of my 30-Day Shred earlier than usual.

WIFEY: Ouch!! I remember getting conked in the head with a baseball! My incident happened when I was a cheerleader in HS and the ball hit my head, bounced off, smashed into my thigh and that's all I remember. I was dazed for a while but the memory of that pain is everlasting. Feel better soon. :hugs:

ROOSTER: Have fun camping. Some friends of mine just came back today. I so wanna plan a trip. My camping gear hasn't been used in years!

MORTONPIXIE: Kids say the darndest things! I have a 7-year old son so I know exactly how often you laugh at the things that come out of their mouths.

Have a great weekend everyone!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:20 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 385/339/140

Height: 5ft 7

Hi all I know I am a day late , Wifey sorry about the ear hon. At least it didn't hit your nose or on your head. Yes kids do say the darndest things.
went shopping with my BFF and just to see if I could i tried on a shirt that was a smaller size than what I wear now. I was so happy. Anyway am working today Sat so I better run, Have a great weekend you all.
TracyB73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:50 AM   #14  

Quote:
I don't even remember those! They must have been in and out pretty quick. Probably a good thing, though. I LOVE pesto on ANYTHING!

I'm currently trying to forget the fact that McDonalds had Sweet Tea there for a while. They may still do. I've purposely tried to forget about it because I got so obsessed with it for a while there, right before I started back on "my journey." I was getting two or three of them at a time (no ice, please) and stashing them away in my fridge for later drinking. It was scary. And I'm not even southern!
I lasted about a month, they tasted sooooooo good...