Old 08-13-2009, 02:17 PM   #1  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy With tears in my eyes...

With tears in my eyes I continued to eat my take out spagetti. Maybe this is a new beginning. If I cry when I know I'm eating food I shouldn't be eating.
I have gained back 17 LBS from the lowest weight this year. I need to get a hold of this before it gets worse. I guess one of the things causing this besides overeating bad foods, is I will be going for a two week vacation in September and it's freaking me out. Last one week vacation I gained about 5 1/2 LBS. I can control what I eat but can't always control what foods we will have. I can take some foods. But will be out of town and not be able to run into town alot for other foods. That will be for the 1st week and the 2nd week we will be traveling, so I can control the food a little better.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:24 PM   #2  

VickieLou - back away from the spaghetti.

Come on now, stop freaking out about what "might happen". You know what it takes, and you can do this.
I know what you are going though...I have been very fortunate and have taken 2 cruises in the past 9 months. Did you know you can have someone bring you cheesecake 24 hours a day on a cruise ship? Well, you can...and I did. I shall not tell tales, I loved every bite of it. And yes, I gained some of those lbs back that it took me so long to lose. But I am back on the wagon, and planning my next vacation.

You just do the best you can in the surroundings you are in, and move on. OR, you go through the chocolate buffet line twice knowing full well that you are going to have to pay for it on the other side.

Seriously....you are going to be ok.
YWeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:34 PM   #3  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

You deserve to be healthy and happy. You are important and valuable enough to make healthy choices. We all love you and we know you can do this.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

Don't punish yourself with the bad food. It isn't treating yourself, really, eating healthy food is showing you care about your body and mind. Like DC said, you deserve to be healthy and happy, now do what it takes to make that happen!
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:48 PM   #5  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

You can do this hon, you can be healthy and it is definitely a bad sign when you are crying into your spaghetti. please take care of yourself, we all care about you too much to see you suffering.

I wish I knew why we continue to do things that bring us pain and suffering when being healthy makes us feel so GOOD you would think everyone would ALWAYS want to do it! but that isn't the case we would rather suffer sometimes. it's a hard road. *big hugs* you can do this.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:52 PM   #6  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

wow you have 7 queens ! for every 5lbs thats very impressive!! just keep taking it one day at a time! and continue to make healthier choices. like the other posters have said. you can do it!!!!

dont worry about the vacation. see if you can make healthier choices, but dont worry if you gain a few lbs, in the long run it wont make a difference, it will be a slight step back. but it is a holiday so you should enjoy yourself!!

try to eat more vegetables and fruit so you fill up more and then have tasty treats here and there. and try drinking water 30 minutes before your meals so that you will get satisfied and filled up quicker at meal times.

keep up the good work!! you're doing great

Last edited by Echo; 08-13-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:14 PM   #7  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

You've gotten some great advice here.

Now just give the spaghetti to me and no one will get hurt.

You can do this and you do deserve it. We are here for you
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:17 PM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

I am in the same boat. I had regained 15lbs of what I had lost.I gained it in 2 months. LIfe was full of stress and I ate like everyone else. TO be honest I was starving and overate.I got sad and upset about the gain.I knew I had to stop it before it became 20 and then 30 and then 50 and so on.It can happen fast!!! I am back on the Wagon and today is day 4, day 2 was a bit rough but just cut calories a bit yesterday to make up. I feel so much better!!
I keep reminding myself of the TOPS saying ..even though I overeat in private the excess pounds are there for all the world to see...what a fool Ive been.
Make a plan for vacation..pack a cooler. Eat out but make healthy choices. Then when you get back home start right back to what you know works. I forgot WATER!!! drink lots of it!!!
good luck and stop beating yourself up and do something about it
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 260/240/200

Default You can do this

Please don't cry. It will be OK. Your going on vacation so you can throw in some extra walks and some swimming. I know it is so hard to stay on track but look at all the love that is coming your way. Enjoy your pasta today and walk it off tommorow. HUGS

Julia
juliagulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:09 PM   #10  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

Hang in, Vickie. Don't stress about the bad choices you've made or put yourself down for them.

Accept that they are done and it's time to move on. A bad choice for lunch doesn't mean there's no value in a good choice for dinner. And on vacation, just make the best choices you can.

One step at time. One thing at a time.
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:13 PM   #11  
MindBodySpirit Health

S/C/G: 246/216/186

Height: 5'4"

The prizes of life are at the end of each journey,
not near the beginning; and it is not given to me to
know how many steps are necessary in order to
reach my goal. Failure I may still encounter at the
thousandth step, yet success hides behind the next
bend in the road. Never will I know how close it
lies unless I turn the corner.

Always will I take another step. If that is of no
avail I will take another, and yet another. In truth,
one step at a time is not too difficult.

I WILL PERSIST UNTIL I SUCCEED!!
- Og Mandino

You can do this!!!! Don't ever give up!!!
angieaang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:19 PM   #12  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

It's okay, you did it once, you can do it again, we all slip up from time to time and are only human. I have faith you can do it!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:38 PM   #13  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Oh hon, pass the spag over to me and I can toss it away for you
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:07 PM   #14  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Keep your chin up. We are all rooting for you! You can swing this thing, ya know?
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:13 PM   #15  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsa chip View Post
Oh hon, pass the spag over to me and I can toss it away for you
We can share it . Sketti use to be my favorite food but now I haven't had it in forever
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote