Old 08-13-2009, 01:38 PM   #1  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Default Did everything right and still had a crappy weigh in

I'm sitting here at my desk after WW weigh in trying, unsuccessfully, to hold back the tears. I ate within my points EVERY DAY. I worked out at a high level of intensity EVERY DAY! and I'm up 1.8 lbs.

I'm noticing the difference in how my face looks and how my pants feel (they are looser), but I'm going up on the scale. I want to get to 199 by Christmas and I just wish the scale would reflect all the positive changes I'm making and all my hard work! My WW leader said it's just muscles retaining water from all the exercise, but dang it! I expected a 1 to 2 lb loss because of all my hard work not a nearly 2 lb gain! Heck, I'm staying within my points and exercising so much, I've been having low blood sugar episodes the past couple days...so how am I supposed to eat less and exercise more to get the scale to move in the right direction?!

I don't know why I give a stupid piece of electronic equipment so much power to allow it to bring me close to tears.

Thanks for listening to my rant. I'm sure I'll be my usual upbeat cheery self by tomorrow...or maybe even later today. But right now, I'm frustrated and p**sed off!

Any thoughts, suggestions, advice are greatly appreciated.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:44 PM   #2  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

WHY THE SCALE LIES:

http://primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/...ight/scale.htm

Also, how many cals are you eating and how active are you? If you're not eating enough for your activity level you may be holding on to those cals. The bigger you are the more cals it takes to run your body just for things like breathing and blinking, etc, so you can eat more than someone smaller than you and still lose. I think if you're having low blood sugar you are probably not eating enough or not enough of the right things.

give us a sample of a f ew days menu with calorie counts plz? and a sample of the exercise you do so we can help you more?

When the scale doesn't budge for me I take about 10 mins and just try and talk myself 'down' from that ledge ......I try and stay disgustingly positive about the next week for about 10 mins, then I (should exercise) but I take a nap and sleep it off. lol. then I feel betta when I wake up.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:06 PM   #3  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Hi Lottie -

I don't know my calorie counts because in WW everything is points. This past week, I've been eating 28 pts/day, which is roughly 1400 calories. A typical day for me looks like this:

B
Whole Wheat English Muffin w/Reduced Fat PB
1/2 cup FF cottage cheese

S
1 cup fruit (usually strawberries or blueberries)

L
A big salad with lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, plus 1/4 c. of chickpeas/kidney beans, 1/4 c. of imitation crab, 1 Tbsp of sunflower seeds and 2 Tbsp of fat free ranch dressing.
A sliced chicken sandwich on reduced cal bread with mustard

S
Dill pickle
1 cup carrots
4-6 ounces of Fiber One yogurt

D
1 can Progresso Soup 0 pt or 1 pt roughly 160 calories when you eat the whole can which I do.
SmartOnes or LeanCuisine dinner roughly 260-300 calories
1-2 cups veggies (tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots)

S
1 cup 1% chocolate milk
1 cup grapes

I'd love to take a nap and sleep it off...but I don't think my boss would like me nodding off at my desk.

Oh, almost forgot to tell you what I do for exercise. Usually a 1/2 hour of brisk walking at lunch. And after work I've been doing between 1/2 hour and 45 min. of cardio, plus 15 minutes of abs every day, plus strength training for 25 minutes twice in the past week.

I appreciate any suggestions you can offer.

Last edited by diyana; 08-13-2009 at 02:07 PM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:17 PM   #4  

Hang in there diyana...I am not a Doctor or Nutritionist, and I have never played one on TV, but I would agree with the WW leader. Check the sodium on your foods, it is evil and will make you hang onto the water.

If you are feeling fantastic (and you should be), and you can tell the difference in your appearance, chin up girl and stop being so hard on yourself.

PS - napping at your desk is dangerous....when your head hits the keyboard you get little alphabet indentations in your face.
YWeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 273/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

::hugs::

hope that helps
bitetoobreakkskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:22 PM   #6  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

don't let that dang scale psych you out. you're doing what you need to do, and should feel really proud of yourself, it's not easy!!
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:28 PM   #7  

Height: 5'9"

Keep your head, you even said it yourself, you did everything right. Therefore you can't be mad at yourself. It's happened to all of us, believe me
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:30 PM   #8  
Searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWeight View Post
Check the sodium on your foods, it is evil and will make you hang onto the water.

If you are feeling fantastic (and you should be), and you can tell the difference in your appearance, chin up girl and stop being so hard on yourself.
You have got some sodium in there. Take heart and keep plugging away I have been fluctuating between 204-206 for a couple of months now and I just know its coming off soon
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:35 PM   #9  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

There are SOOO many reasons the scale fluctuates. So many! There's a great sticky on this in Weight Loss Support.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...er-weight.html
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:44 PM   #10  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

it's probably a sodium issue as all seems to be in order.

pickles, soup, lean cuisine...

I once ate a lean cuisine for lunch and dinner every day for liek ...a month and I GOT SO BLOATED....it was unbeleivable! None of my clothes fit I was so angry.

but when you up your exercise your muscles store water, and on top of that you're eating all that sodium......just try and drink extra water this week and lay off the pre packaged foods. I eat a 90% whole foods diet and it really helps with the bloating. even though my sodium is still above where it should be! but every little effort helps I think.

put it this way, unless you OVER ATE by 7000 calories, you did not gain almost 2 lbs of fat. it is just impossible. don't sweat the water weight....or ****, DO sweat it! Maybe it will go away!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:00 PM   #11  

What they ^^^ said!

Don't let the scale control you. It has a mind of its own and likes to f*ck with our heads. Let it know who's boss!

Also, look for other non-scale victories. Hang in there! You CAN do this!

Last edited by SunshineCA; 08-13-2009 at 03:01 PM.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:06 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

We can't always control what the scale says. I have had that same thing happen to me many times. It does mess with your head, but just be determined not to let it freak you out too much. I know if I keep to my plan the scale will drop eventually. I do my thing and let it do it's thing.
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:18 PM   #13  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Don't let that stupid scale control your moods. It is most likely water weight. Keep going on, you'll be fine
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:26 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 182.8/163.2/155

Height: 5'8"

I hate the scale, but it also rules how I feel after I weigh in! I get discouraged when I don't see it go down too! Darn thing!
mattraces5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:31 PM   #15  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Oh, I know exactly how you feel. Last week I busted my butt at the gym and kept my calories in what I felt were my targeted range and bam I gained 1 lb at my TOPS weigh-in. This week I did the same thing and was down a little over 5 lbs. The body is a strange and fickle object. Water weight from hormones and exercising, sodium, the orbit of the moon all seem to play a part. Its the long haul as you know. Slow and steady and you will win this race. OK, I'm out of catchy sayings. Good luck and take care of you.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote