Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-13-2009, 01:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 280.0/205.8/100.0

Height: 5'2"

Default Doughnut "Craving"

I went grocery shopping today and saw some luscious looking doughnuts at the store. I stared at them and I'll admit that my tastebuds REALLY wanted one. But it wasn't on today's food list. So I bargained with myself that if I REALLLY want one in a week, I'll hit a good bakery and get a GOOD doughnut instead of a grocery store one. I didn't purchase the unwanted doughnut and honestly, I don't believe I'll want one in a week. I only wanted it because I saw it there and was hungry. I'm feeling rather pleased with my restraint.

Anyone else not eat something today that they wanted, but which wasn't on plan?
CamiToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

OMG--I hear ya girl..I adore, adore donuts..I crave them--them and friggin' buttercream bakery cakes...OMG

Eat before you get to the store. I swear they don't look as tempting that way.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:00 AM   #3  
Claiming Victory!

S/C/G: 283/273/245 1st

Jellybeans and cake. I stared at them, even circled back to look at them again. LOL peanut butter cookies was another one. I did pick up the package and smell them. Twice. Hey at least they didn't go in my basket! I was very proud of myself!
LuvMyMr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/189/145

Height: 5'4

some days i think i'd do anything for a jam doughnut!...
sophiebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:10 AM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

For me, that's the time my cravings hit, when I SEE something. And I'll be like, boy that looks GOOD, I really WANT it. NOW. But I KNOW, that once it's out of sight - it's out of mind. And you pass the aisle, and within a few mere minutes, the craving passes. Ahhhh. All is good.

Great job. That's the way to do it. Just keep on doing it.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/189/145

Height: 5'4

i think the hardest thing actually is when you go shopping and they're giving away free samples of cakes or biscuits.... i find that really hard.
sophiebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:27 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 264.5/177/165

Height: 5"5

loool I get these cravings ALL the time - but I always convince myself out of them. Yesterday a girl I know was talking about having some hot chocolate fudge cake with cream and my mouth was watering at the thought of it...
SoulSurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:45 AM   #8  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiebean View Post
i think the hardest thing actually is when you go shopping and they're giving away free samples of cakes or biscuits.... i find that really hard.
Grocery stores around me are cheapskates and don't offer free samples of anything. I shouldn't complain, I'm a Costco member and I eat the free samples of stuff they have. Actually, I like those samples, because once I eat the sample sized serving, my craving's gone. Like last weekend they had cheesecake samples and I got a spoonful and that was it - done, no more craving for dessert. I don't have as big a sweet tooth as some people I know, so maybe that's why it's easier for me. If they were offering savory foods, I'd probably knock my granny over to get another one.
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:03 AM   #9  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

on the restraint! I can totally understand it is hard.

Donuts don't get me excited but cake is totally another story . You put cake in front of me and it is a battle going in my head - to eat or not to eat. I have a terrible sweet tooth.

Last edited by pintobean; 08-13-2009 at 08:04 AM.
pintobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:14 AM   #10  
Pure American Metal

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/145

Height: 5 ft 7.5 in

My husband went to the store last night specifically to get a half gallon of chocolate ice cream with caramel swirls and caramel cups.

I'm more mad at the diabetic friend of ours who won a years supply of ice cream and is now giving my husband the weekly coupons! Luckily I put on headphones and resisted even licking the spoon. I could have done without the "Man, that was good ice cream" comment afterwards though. Heh.
TXJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:49 AM   #11  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Our Publix is a very conniving place because they have the store set up that after I go through the produce, I have to walk through the bakery to get to the meats and dairy. Publix has a VERY good looking bakery. However, I've gotten in the habit of trying not to look on those yummy creations with the thought of wanting them. Instead, I tell them right to their little frosted faces, covered in pretty sprinkles that I do not want them because they are evil. It doesn't always work, but yesterday I did feel a victory over the pastry.

Great job you did in resisting your temptation. Keep it up!!
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:51 AM   #12  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Good job!
I find donuts completely disgusting and I never eat them. On a few occasions I even bought a dozen donuts for my team (they all ADORE them) and I am not even tempted to have one. It's nothing but lard and sugar. And the latest Tim Horton's commercial for the Blueberry Bloom Donut would just make me puke.
A donut with sprinkles (blech!) and some gooey sugary jam in the middle in which you are supposed to dip the "petals". Normally, I am not a person who would toss food in trash because I would consider it horrible waste but I would not have a problem tossing a donut. I would not give it even to my dogs.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:06 AM   #13  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXJess View Post
My husband went to the store last night specifically to get a half gallon of chocolate ice cream with caramel swirls and caramel cups.

I'm more mad at the diabetic friend of ours who won a years supply of ice cream and is now giving my husband the weekly coupons! Luckily I put on headphones and resisted even licking the spoon. I could have done without the "Man, that was good ice cream" comment afterwards though. Heh.

That ice cream sounds divine :|. I don't know if I could have resisted. Great job
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:39 AM   #14  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I have a thing for muffins and found out how many more calories muffins have than doughnuts, yikes.

yesterday, I was in the grocery store and right near the checkout counter (gee, why is that??) I saw a marzipan Ritter bar. Ritter bars are German, omg, I love them. And with the marzipan, over the top. I actually had a dialog with myself: you can eat it slowly, it won't be that bad....

I passed it by, heh heh.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:56 AM   #15  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato View Post
It's nothing but lard and sugar.

I find that this fact has ZERO impact on discouraging my tastebuds.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote