Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2002, 11:55 AM   #1  

Angry One Day At A Time Plan - Wanna Join?

The holidays are fast approaching. My plan is to take it one day at a time. Anybody wanna join me?

Goals: Daily Food Plan (Journal)
Exercise
8 glasses of water per day.

So far I've had a bran muffin for breakfast, 2 glasses of water and worked out to a video. The weekends seem to be the hardest part, but I know we can make it through those and the holidays without gaining. It's so easy to gain and hard to lose. Come join me in the "One Day at a Time Plan."

(Hugs),
Dena
Old 11-13-2002, 04:30 PM   #2  

Talking Hangin' in there

Okay, so I made it through lunch, now on to dinner. I should have called this "The One Meal at a Time Plan". I had a salad with Oriental Dressing, a Pizza-flavored Morningstar Patty and an apple. For a low cal lunch, it was actually pretty good. I'm up to 4 glasses of water and now I'm off to the gym. I'm going through a bunch of stresses in my life now, but I can't let them get me down. So I'm going to take it one meal at a time, one day at a time. And exercise seems to help me get through it all. Last night I meditated. That seems to help, too.

(Hugs),
Dena
Old 11-13-2002, 04:34 PM   #3  

I'll join but I need to start tomorrow. I have shot it for today. I will be staying in New Orleans tonight and I can't promise that I will be good. You never can be down there. I will be back at work tomorrow though. I will chime in when I get here.
Old 11-14-2002, 08:14 AM   #4  

Angry Happy Thursday!

Hi Kempyd,
Glad you could join me. Wow, New Orleans! That's so cool. I've never been there, but from what I heard that's a fun place. The home of Emeril, too. Did you have a meeting there? I mean was this a business or pleasure trip?

Well, I made it through yesterday. One day under my belt. Had a healthy dinner last night and made my goals. It's funny how one day of being good can make me feel strong and in control again. On to today.

My goals for today are to journal, exercise and drink 8 glasses of water. I'll take it one step at a time, one meal at a time, one day at a time.

My plan is not to gain this Thanksgiving. Let's see if that can be done.

(Hugs)
Dena
Old 11-14-2002, 11:18 AM   #5  

I went to meat my hubby. He was haveing a NACE meeting (for work). All we did was have dinner at the hotel. The resturant was at the top of it overlooking the Mississippi River. It was pretty. A Carnival cruise ship came in the other night and it was docked where we could see it. It is the biggest ship in the world. It was quite large, and bright. All of the lights were on. I ate a 10oz Filet (awesome) plus cherry bread pudding. I told you I wouldn't be able to do it yesterday.

Today is going to be hard too. After work we are going to a Ducks Unlimited banquet. My hubby is going to be Chairman of our area next year and they are goignt o anouince it at the dinner. We are having Quail. I will try to be good until then but for dinner I can't amek any promises.
Old 11-14-2002, 04:22 PM   #6  

Hi there, Kemp

It sounded like you had a great evening. And the filet sounded yummy, too. Speaking of cruises, my hubby and I went on a Carnival Cruise a few years ago and we had a blast. Needless to say, I wasn't even watching what I ate and the buffets were fantastic.

Then two year ago, I decided to get serious about my weight problem. I was about 180 lbs and finally lost 45 lbs. last year. Then out of nowhere I got really sick and was misdiagnosed a billion times and put on several meds, whick helped me gain 10 lbs back in a hurry. The med problem still isn't resolved, but I'm not going to give up trying to lose weight, although it's super discouraging at times. All I know is that I feel better when I try.

Have a great time tonight. I've never had quail. Let me know if it's good. And congrats to your hubby!!

I'm so looking forward to tomorrow night. Fridays are our date night. However, it's usually hard for me to be good on weekends. But I'm going to give it a shot. If anything, I'll just eat a little less if we go out to eat. Yeah, right, famous last words.

Okay, I'm off to the gym.

(If anyone else wants to join us, the more the merrier.)
(Hugs),
Dena

Last edited by Dena; 11-14-2002 at 04:25 PM.
Old 11-14-2002, 04:31 PM   #7  

I am evil on weekend too. I am sure we will be eating bad. We always do. Hubby likes me to cook though. He is out of town so much he has to eat out and he is sick of it.

It sounds like you did great on the weight lose. 10lbs is nothing when you have lost that much.
Old 11-14-2002, 10:22 PM   #8  

Well, I met my goals for today. Had a good workout at the gym and made a nice dinner when I got home. It's so good to be back on track. I go to the doctor tomorrow and that's making me a little nervous. I never know how that's going to turn out. Okay, it's one day at a time. Think positive.

Kemp, can't wait to hear how the dinner went. So what did quail taste like? Chicken?

So I see you like to work out. What do you do at the gym? Are you at goal? You have a great picture, so you look like you are.

I better get going. It's almost time for "Friends" and "Scrubs." Those are two of my favorite shows. The other one is "The Sopranos." I'm propably the only woman that likes that show. Can't wait for Sunday nites so I can watch it. Oh, yeah, I also like "Sex in the City."

Talk to you soon.
(Hugs),
Dena
Old 11-14-2002, 10:53 PM   #9  

Smile I'd love to join!!

Hi! I'm new to the site but would love to join you girls. I pretty much have to take it one day at a time everyday!!

Since it's late in the evening, I'll post tomorrows goals:

drink my water
walk
no overeating!
write it all down

Tomorrow is a brand new day!

Can't wait to get to know everyone!
Heather
Old 11-15-2002, 10:51 AM   #10  

Heather,

So glad you could join us! Your goals are great! Great picture, too. We're definitely going to get through this holiday season together. I'm determined not to gain this year. And any weightloss will be a bonus!

My goals for today:
journal
exercise
drink 8 glasses of water
not overeat when we go out tonight
make it through the weekend with the same goals

Let's go for it!

(Hugs)
Dena
Old 11-15-2002, 10:54 AM   #11  

Welsome Eliz!

I am not a goal weight. I keep flopping around on the scale. I really try not to get on it. BUt is is right in fron of my face here. I am the Executive Director of the gym. I pretty much take care of everything behind the sceens. Billing, ordering, hiring, inventory. Pretty basic stuff. You would like I would be one hot moma being here all the time but that is the problem. I am here ALL the time. I don't want to be here any more than I have to . Poeple don't leave me alone when I try to workout. I can't be mean and brush tham off b/c they are my job and I would like to keep my job.

The Quail was awesome. Yes, it did taste like chicken. It was stuff and smoked. I could have eaten a tone of them. Problem is they are kept whole so you have to watch out for the little bones that they have.
Old 11-15-2002, 11:06 AM   #12  
Happy Member

I'd like to join this happy group. And one day at a time is what it takes. I try to be consistent with my eating and exercise.

My goals are: eat healthy foods and watch the portions, exercise, and drink that water. These are simple goals.

Right now I am trying to prepare for the holidays so that hopefully I will not gain then. So much of our lives and great events center around the dinner table.

Everyone, keep smiling -
Old 11-15-2002, 11:59 AM   #13  

I think all of our events center around food. I never understood that. It seems like whenever the family gets together we are like a heard of cattle. We move around the room from food dish to food dish eating whatever is there. I don't even think we realize what we are doing. It is terrible.
Old 11-15-2002, 12:57 PM   #14  

Default By the way, HAPPY FRIDAY!!

Welcome, Jo Jo, we're so glad you're here with us!! Good to see you again!! You've done absolutely great with your goals. You're right, the best way is to keep it simple, but consistent.

Kemp. I'm still laughing at what you said about family get- togethers and overeating. It is so true. And I can just picture it now. It's like forget the hellos and how are ya's and bring on the food.

Just to let you know, I just got finished doing an exercise video, took my vitamins (yuck, boy does the B complex taste bad) and drank 4 glasses of water, so I'm off to a great start.

Let's keep doing it!

(Hugs),
Dena
Old 11-15-2002, 01:04 PM   #15  

That is great about the exercise. I think I might try to get some in to day when I get off work. Hubby is going hunting and bringing the dog so I don't have to worry about tripping over her. It will be just me and the cats. They could care less what I do as long as I don't bother them.
Closed Thread