Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2002, 09:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Default Gall Bladder being removed in the morning

Morning,

Being that I've been having yet another bad week, I didn't want to come here and post. I don't mean bad "diet" wise, but just in life generally. I was informed yesterday that my services will no longer be needed after Dec 20th! That's a nice Christmas gift, don't cha think? Originally I was under the impression that my contract would be renewed for 6 months, so from Nov to May of next year. Then all the status stuff happened, and they changed the date of my contract to a 2 month dealy, ending Jan 14th and now it's Dec. 20th. I'm to the point now that they can honestly take this job and shove it their , because I really don't give a flying . DH told me yesterday to go ahead and quit. But can't do that, I need to collect unemployment. Plus with the surgery in the morning, I just have too much going on. Add to all this, we're leaving next week to go to Utah and I have my friend here, staying w/ me. My mom had offered to let her use her extra room, but it's full of crap that she wants to go through first. So my friend has been sleeping on my couch the past few weeks, which has made it almost impossible for me to work out (But I'm doing what I can). Then last night she asked if she could just stay w/ us. That she didn't know if she could stay w/ my mom. My mom is all stressed about alot of things, and has been really weird lately. Also, my sister (17 years old) is getting on my friends nerves. Well, she asked if I could clear one of the rooms for her. Remember, this is the friend that tried to kill herself (not that that has anything to do with what I'm talking about, well maybe it does). I invited her to stay with us, so that she wouldn't be alone, and then my mom offered her a room and I thought great. She'll have her own room and what not. I'm trying to think of a way to tell her that it's not going to happen. I live in a dinky 3 bedroom apartment and there are 6 of us in it, 7 if you include her. So there are two bodies in each room, and although I think she should have her own room (which also benefit me and my workout) I don't think I should have to move out both my kids so that she can have her own room, while the rest of us would have 3 people per room. So when I get home I'll have to break it to her. Something I'm not looking forward to. I told her this morning that we'd have to talk about it next week, while I'm home. I swear I'm getting an ulcer. I'm under so much stress that I have a rash that is acting up and I'm breaking out. And let's not forget the two knots next to my shoulders, from all the stress. What was I thinking?

If I don't get back here today, I'll try to post over the weekend.

Sorry to be a downer, but wanted to let ya'll know that I'm here and lurking and what was going on......
Old 11-14-2002, 09:21 AM   #2  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Good Luck Dyan!! I'll be praying for you!!

Sorry that everything is coming down all at once. Big Hugs!!
Old 11-14-2002, 09:23 AM   #3  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Dyan.. poor you!!!
You are having a really tough time right now. Sometimes you just need to be selfish. (trust me.. I had my gull bladder removed- the old fashion way -and it's no picnic!!) I really hope everything works out for you.. work, family, house, and friend wise!!!
You can come and purge here ANYTIME!

Dana
Old 11-14-2002, 09:30 AM   #4  

When it rains, it pours, eh! So sorry you are going through so much at once, Dyan. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts & prayers. And like Dana said, it is OK to be selfish sometimes. Take care of yourself.
Old 11-14-2002, 10:33 AM   #5  

*HUGS YOU* Wow..you sure do have alot going on. No wonder why you're stressed.

I do understand that your trying to be a good friend. But you and your family need to come first, at all times. Does she not have anywhere else to go? Her living on your couch isn't doing her any good either.

I am thinking of you...

*hugs*

Old 11-14-2002, 11:13 AM   #6  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Good luck w/the surgery Dyan. Sorry to hear about the job, hopefully you will find something better.

As for the friend, oy. Not sure what to tell you. Touchy subject; not sure what I would do in the same situation, since I don't even own a couch.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 11-14-2002, 12:18 PM   #7  

It seems as if everyone else has already said what I would like to say to you. So, I'll just say Ditto!

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself. Good luck
Old 11-14-2002, 12:37 PM   #8  
Losin It For GOOD!

Ha ha - I agree with Denise! Ditto!! and I'll be praying for your surgery tomorrow!
Old 11-15-2002, 02:24 PM   #9  

Dyan, maybe you'll get a little R & R after the surgery! I hope so ... I had mine removed 10 years ago, lapriscopically, and though the intrusive way I'm sure is horrible, the "non-invasive" way was bad enough, plus my surgeon was one of those that refuses to prescribe the good pain meds so I was pretty miserable for about a week.

Hope all goes well and that you'll be able to resolve everything.

Pen
265/217/150ish
Old 11-16-2002, 06:40 PM   #10  
hot mom wanna be!

Hope all went well with your surgery and hope that things get better in general for you. Maybe you will find an even better job once you are up to it!
Old 11-16-2002, 07:53 PM   #11  
Catwoman

I hope your surgery went well, if it's the big operation you'll need all the help you can get afterwards, even with the small one you'll still be sore so feel free to be demanding and get everyone to bring you tea and dinner and you just lie back and relax.
Hope your feeling better soon

Kitty
Old 11-17-2002, 03:54 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Just jumping on real quick to thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and good vibes. I am doing just fine. A little sore and tired, so I will try to get back on tomorrow or sometime next week.

Thanks Again!
Old 11-18-2002, 12:55 PM   #13  
Losin It For GOOD!

Glad to hear it went well!! here's wishes for a super speedy recovery!
Closed Thread