Old 08-11-2009, 12:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 288/seeticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Goodbye 270's and question about feeling weak during exercise

YAY!! offically out of the 280's (okay only had 2 pounds to go to do that) and 270's!! I'm so happy and excited!

Quick question though...yesterday when I weighed in I was 270, this morning I was 267.8. That seems like a kinda extreme weight loss over night. Now I know our bodies will do weird things and I'm going to go with water retention (TOM ended today, sorry TMI).
However, when I was working out today to the same DVD I've been working at for the past week and a half, I got really winded. It just felt hard to do where it had been getting a little easier. I had actually gotten ready to move up to the next step of the workout but today step one kicked my butt so bad!! During the cool down I was pretty dizzy, now I'm thinking that's not normal. The workouts are supposed to get easier, not harder! Anyone have any thoughts?
TaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:47 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Congrats Tara!

I find some days are better than others and there can be a few factors. Actually when I'm starting to get sick, the first thing I notice is that I feel a lot weaker in my workouts.

It could be that you are getting sick or had an off day. Anything unusual about your food or water intake yesterday? That can also affect your workouts.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:03 PM   #3  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

were you hungry when you started or did you eat a lot of protein right before ? A friend of mine does roller derby and if she eats portein before working out it makes her woozy and a little sick because your body has to work so much harder to break protein down during exercise as opposed to carbs.

Just a thought.

and congrats btw!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:49 PM   #4  

Protien yesterday was actually on the low end. And I did what I normally do, I work out before I eat breakfast, rinse off in the shower than eat. Yesterday was sorta strange cause come about 3pm I could not stay awake. I took a nap when my kids did and didn't get up till 5:30pm. Than this morning I slept till 10:30am. Maybe I'm over sleeping?? I remember reading too much sleep could lead to less energy.

Oh, I hope I'm not getting sick! I did notice yesterday my throat seemed sorta achy but today it seems much better.

Maybe it was just an off day.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:55 PM   #5  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

first off, Congrats!!

TOM can affect my energy levels. And how much sleep I get, and the heat.

I usually have about a 3 lbs weight loss from the evening to the next morning.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 206/149/135

Height: 5.5

Congrats from me as well!!!
I know that your body needs rest when it is changing and losing weight. So, when you were sleeping your body was fixing itself, so I bet you needed it... For me I usually eat protein and carbs before and after my workouts, usually 2 or 3 hours apart. Because I need to fuel myself to get thru the workout, and then start to fix the muscles that I broke during the exercise (protein), and to refill my glycogen stores (carb)... it sounds like to me, you may be a little low on your glycogen (stored carb in the muscle) and perhaps didn't get enough building blocks (protein) into your muscles...I would also ask, when was your last rest day, or non exercise day. because if you are over training your body, it will actually hold on to fat and water because it thinks you are starving and putting out too much energy... I know when that happens to me. My body actually makes me sick, if I am not adequetly resting. But I have a high stress job too, so that doesn't help. Just my two cents =)
But GREAT JOB!!! You're doing fantastic!!!
Lillyblossoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:49 PM   #7  

My last rest day was Sunday.