Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Chat: August 10-16

New Pages!

Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Hi Everyone:

OK, new week, new opportunities to do the right thing.

I began the week with a spinning class. I told the instructor that the ligaments above my knees were sore so that I would not be getting out of the saddle much today. I said "you know, they're almost 64 years old and I need them for a while longer, I hope." He looked aghast and said "You're how old?! I would never have guessed!!" I just loved that part. He must be every bit of 35 himself.

So, today, more of the same, but I must say that this place is looking really good. Too bad that I don't keep it this way. Maybe I can change that with the next house.

I hope you all have a good day. (Vickie, get some sleep )

Rhonda
Old 08-10-2009, 09:16 AM   #3  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Jubilant after getting off the scale this morning a my official Mon W-I and I'm out of the 170's and into the 160's again,so that mean I lost all my cruise gain.YIPEEE!!! High day and low day of counting calories, is really working for me,and all it is have a high calorie day and a low calorie day.[mine is 1600/600].

RHONDA-Thanks for the new pages,glad you told the your spinning instructor about your knees. Hope he understands and will give you less stressful spins on the bike.That's a great compliment he gave you. Staying healthy tends to makes one look younger than they are,big congrats for being healthy & doing exercise like you do.

VICKIE-
Quote:
Congratulations, Mary Ann! Woo Hoo! I'll be excited when I see the 2 60's. I'm glad you found something that is working for you. Jim and I saw Julie and Julia on Friday when it opened. We liked it ALOT. Meryl Streep was awesome. I feel sorry for Amy Adams that her performance is right up there next to Meryl's. The reviewers are saying that she isn't that good but how fair is that?
Thanks for the congrats, We didn't see the movie yesterday,but will go this afternoon instead. We had a road race yesterday and all the traffic getting off the cape as what we were afraid to get suck in. Now that that's over the tourist will now trickle down to normal amount.

Last edited by beach bum; 08-10-2009 at 11:00 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:26 AM   #4  
Donna

Morning Everyone,

Just popping in really quick while I download a book to listen to while I take the dog out for his/my walk. It's hot and muggy out (I could never live in the deep south) so we will probably only go for a half hour. Then today I'm finishing the laundry, cleaning the basement (it's finished) and taking pictures to post of my knitting. Then if there's time left I might go sew. Oh I also have to make peach sauce for the pork chops for dinner.

Since last week was a bust this weeks goals are the same: no wine (except Sat), walk every day (at least 5-6), drink my water, eat my fruits and veggies.

Rhonda - Yea on finishing the painting and on the NSV always nice when people can't guess your age.

Sloane - hang in there you're allowed to whine when everything around you is spinning out of control. My grandma was bi-polar and it's NOT an easy thing to be around, so again . As for DH he's doing well, he "went back to work" last week, he has restrictions so he's basically doing phone support out of the house for the rest of the month.....I'm learning more about industrial controllers than I EVER wanted to know. And I didn't kill him last week when he decided to stop taking his pain meds (not cut back but quit) and then moaned all night so I couldn't sleep and ended up on the couch to ticked off to sleep, but life moves on.....

Maryann - how did you like the movie? Did you stay in the 160's with your official wi?

Sandra - hope the tournament went well. You should brag.

Vicki - Did you survive the storms? The moved north of here but there's some major damage in the storm track. More headed this way this afternoon, one good thing our rain barrel is full again.

Coco and Paula -

Well I should get a move on my books finished downloading. Now I'll transfer it to the MP3 player and I'm off.

Have a great day everyone.

-Tech

Last edited by TechAlum; 08-10-2009 at 09:28 AM.
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:30 AM   #5  
Donna

Maryann - We posted at the same time.
on getting the cruise weight off . Enjoy your movie

Last edited by TechAlum; 08-10-2009 at 09:31 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:17 AM   #6  

Congrats Maryann...and, keep on keeping on Tech!

We had major storms yesterday and last night. And, I mean MAJOR....lightning strikes everywhere, winds, blowing rain, flash flooding...but, we're OK.

I really want to see that movie!
Old 08-10-2009, 11:17 AM   #7  

Back to cleaning the bathrooms!....

Last edited by Tejas; 08-10-2009 at 11:18 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:33 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone. Things were busy this weekend -- getting things ready to go next Saturday. I have tomorrow off and then work right through Friday and we leave Saturday. Things are a bit organized, I'll get in better shape tommorrow and figure out what I need to do each night.

I've been eating healthy and my scale is actually down! Just really focusing on core food. I did get in my biking this week - Did I mention how I'm loving it!!! The one down fall, my but is sore!!! I think I need to invest in a nice cushy seat. The route I've been doing is getting easier and I'm keeping the bike on high tension most of the way. I went out yesterday am at 7:30! I think DH was shocked that I was moving that early. It felt good to get in a good 1/2 hour ride that early in the day.

Maryanne - HUGS about Leo. When does he start treatments again? Congrats on losing your vacation weight. I'm going to really try hard not to gain next week. Foodwise I'm bringing lots of healthy stuff and I plan on eating lots of lobster (without butter). I need to watch the alcohol.......

Rhonda - glad the house is coming along.DH did finish our upstairs and his working to finish the shed this week. Those 2 projects have both been going on since earleir this year. It will be nice to have it done and to NOT spend anything for a while.

Hi to everyone else. Need to get back to work
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:28 PM   #9  
Donna

Paula -

Congrats on getting in that riding.

If you buy a new seat for your bike beware of "cushy show room feel" you probably won't be happy in the long run. Mine felt really hard at the store but it's the one the girl who worked there recommended so I gave it a shot and am really happy with it.

-Tech
Old 08-10-2009, 06:42 PM   #10  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi guys. I'm only down .4 this week which was a disappointment. I started exercising again this week and got three times in. It was my first exercise in about 3 or 4 weeks. She remeasured me. For the first 5 months, I lost 10 inches. In the last 6 weeks, I lost another 5 inches for a total of 15 inches. Too bad I'm still very, very large and have a long way to go. Oh Well!

I'll be back in the morning to catch up. I did all my stuff and now my eyes are killing me. I need to go hae a nap or something.

Last edited by Vickie; 08-10-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:03 PM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

Froufy responded to my email! She's doing awesome. She's down 24 pounds since she was last here. I love success stories! She hurt her ankle and has been out of commission for a while but is now feeling good. She's joined TOPS. I told her that WW membership was not required here so I hope she comes back. She said to say hello to everyone and wishes us all well. She's planning a trip to Vegas soon and a cruise in January. That's our Frouf!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:51 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks! DS has been crying off and on for the last 24 hours, the nephew called and his insurance won't pay for his new medicine, and I had one parent write me a nasty note that insinuated I didn't know how to teach because of my new lesson plans! What is going on I feel so bad for DS and the nephew, and that dad made me furious. All I could say to the student was, "that's harsh, he doesn't even know me". I could feel my face getting red; I was so angry!!! Now I am so tired! I guess all of the stress is making me feel that way. Sorry again for the venting, I just know you guys will understand

Rhonda-Thanks for your words of support. I guess the hardest thing is having to tell the nephew that he cannot stay with us again. He stole from us, lied to us, and used marijuana when he was here in March and April. He will not be out on the street, but will have to live with his mom which is not where he wants to be. All we can do right now is give him moral support and let him take care of himself.

Vickie-congrats on the loss. I hope you get some rest. I need some, too.

Maryann-way to go! Keep up the good work.

Donna-I am so glad to hear about your DH going back to work. Maybe your life will feel more normal when he is back at the office.

Paula-congrats on your loss! You are doing great!

I've got to get off of here and visit with DS. Night all!!

Last edited by sloanie; 08-10-2009 at 09:53 PM.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:02 AM   #13  

Good Morning All:

I got up about 4:30 AM and started working on the house. That feels better than tossing and turning, fretting over it.

The kitchen is now spotless and shining. The bathrooms are so clean that I'm about to decide that we have to go up the street to the commercial area and use McDonald's toilets!

Sloan, I have been where you are with your nephew. I have had three people stomp through my life doing the same thing: living off me while using drugs, lying, stealing, and in all ways taking advantage of my too tender heart and mostly good nature. You're doing the right thing, even if it had meant that he had to be on the street. This might sound harsh, but it's not.

I sought some very experienced advice, including some from a physician I know who is a recovering addict who destroyed his family through his addictions before he got straight. He has held high positions of authority in the rehab movement and in the provincial government. He looked me right in the eye and told me in no uncertain terms that I was naive and that addicts care about one thing: the drug of choice, period. Whenever my heart aches about throwing two people out of my house, I remember his truth speaking.

I'm finding that I want to eat everything right now. This too will pass. We went out deliberately and had fish and chips at one of the best spots in town. We've had it only two times in 6 years, and did we suffer later! Even though it was delicious and well-prepared we both got indigestion. That might be the end of fish and chips in my life!

OK, back to work now...

BBL

Last edited by Tejas; 08-11-2009 at 07:03 AM.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:31 AM   #14  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Not feeling well this morning,I think I coming down with the common cold,so I going to do the [1000]Calories, today instead of going all the way down to the [600]ones. I guess chicken soup is in order for today.

DONNA-We having a very muggy day also on the cape,the nice weather is gone again and now it time to but the A/C on. Thanks I hope the scale stays out of the 170's. We did enjoy the movie Julia & Julie, it was all about Julia Child. the famous woman chef.The show started at 3:45 and we go out at at 5:45 just in time for rush hr.,but we had it home safe & sound.

RHONDA-Thanks for you congrats,we're suppose to get a bad thunderstorm last night also,but we think it went up either the 95 corridor to Boston or it fizzled out to sea. We need something to bring the cool air back again.

PAULA-Congrats to getting the scale downward and staying on core foods.I have to find some good filling food when I go on the low calorie count day. Leo starts is treatment Wednesday morning,so I won't be here on the board until some time in the afternoon. Thanks, I thought I never get out of the vacation gain,as I've never done before. I was a shock to see the 160's that fast again. Hope it stays off.

VICKIE-Congrats on your lose & you're lost inches,and that's a good thing.Some time the body has to think of what to do next.

SLOANE-Sorry that you had such a bad day and home & at school.Hope you have better times in the future.Thanks I hope this time around I'll finally hit my goal, at least my first 10% goal.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 08:03 PM   #15  

Quiet here today...well, just more of the same for me. Tomorrow morning the house is listed. It's too late now!

I think our flat roof is just about to leak. We've had enough rain this year for about 5 years and I fear the worst...oh well, it will only be more money!

Have a great night everyone!

Rhonda