Old 08-10-2009, 12:28 PM   #1  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

Default How many sizes are hanging in your closet?

I have every size between 6 and 16, also some Land Bryant jeans in size 1 -- whatever that is.

The 6's fit for a MINUTE when I weighed 148.8 pounds. And more recently, I was really pushing the maximum load on those LB jeans before I started on my journey. Now the LB and the 16's are pretty baggy, although since they are a bit stretchy to begin with, they still "fit." I'm wearing my size 14 jeans now, but am not quite into the size 14 chinos. My size 16 chinos fit better.

My plan is that once I'm two sizes below something, the top size gets donated or trashed. So once I'm into ALL my 14's I'm getting rid of the LB. When I'm into 12's, the 16's are gone.

What do you guys do?

How many different sizes do you have hanging in your closet, and why do you still have them there?
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:31 PM   #2  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

With "letter sizes" I have anything from a M to XXL.

With number sizes my clothes are 14-16s.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

I have size 14 and 16 hanging in my closet right now.
Some I fit into and some I don't.

There are some size 16 items that I had to get rid of b/c they didn't fit properly anymore or I didn't like them anymore. I have a gf of mine who's currently losing weight as well, so I give her some of the stuff and the rest goes to Goodwill.

My "skinnier" clothes are in a rubbermaid container. I did a big clean out of those recently b/c a lot of it was "old" and "not fashionable" anymore. Most of that stuff fit me when I was 160lbs and had a 34" waist...way back when!

I've hung onto a lot of my Tommy Hilfiger stuff and a few dressier things I wore when I worked for TH. There's a particular pair of dark blue TH jeans that I want to get my butt back into. They're the jeans I wore on my first date, with my now DH, WAY back in April 2002.

It's a dream that I'm holding onto...prince charming already showed up...I just need to fit back into the pants!
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:38 PM   #4  
Slow and Steady

Height: 5' 9"

Too funny. I just asked myself this weekend "why am I holding onto this crap?" So I cleaned my closet and got rid of everything I haven't worn in awhile. I had 12s, 14s, 16s & 18s. L-XL-XXL I got rid of almost everything that was too small. I kept 2 or 3 dresses that I hope to get back into but the rest of it was pretty outdated & I figured I'd want to treat myself when I finally get back to my 12s! Any excuse to go shopping I did keep 1 pair of 12's that I met my husband in 7 years ago. I will be squeezing back into those babies eventually and I can't wait!

Edited to add: Wifey you were posting at the same time as me. Too funny that we both are holding onto the jeans we first met our hubby's in...

Right now, my XLs fit better than my XXLs. My Old Navy jeans in 16 don't fit yet but my 18s from Torrid & Macys are pretty loose. I'm kind of in between sizes which is why I'm holding on to stuff.

Last edited by AbbySinthe; 08-10-2009 at 12:40 PM. Reason: respond to Wifey
AbbySinthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:38 PM   #5  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifey View Post
My "skinnier" clothes are in a rubbermaid container. I did a big clean out of those recently b/c a lot of it was "old" and "not fashionable" anymore.
Good point -- everything size 10 and under is packed away. only 12's and up are actually "in" the closet. I keep trying on the 12's to see if I can get anything buttoned or zipped, no matter HOW hideous it looks or WHAT is bulging out of it

And I definitely need to purge my old stuff. It's not that old so it's not necessarily out of style, but a lot of it is cheap and probably not worth hanging onto this long...
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

I still have some of my size 12 stuff, but I also have a couple XS shirts from Gap. God bless them for lying about their sizes. Now I am usually a size 4-6 in jeans and XS to S to the occasional M.

Last edited by mamaspank; 08-10-2009 at 12:53 PM.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

I have 20-24 in my main closet and 16-20 in space bags in my storage closet. I haven't been under a 16 since I was like 12 or 13, so ya know, I haven't kept those. ha (and the 16s are all tops, I haven't been a 16 bottom in ages)
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:59 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbySinthe View Post
Edited to add: Wifey you were posting at the same time as me. Too funny that we both are holding onto the jeans we first met our hubby's in...
That's awesome!
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:01 PM   #9  
Workin' It

4, 6, a few 8. S, M, L in the letter sizes. I'm pretty solidly in a 4 at this point, some of the older 6 & 8 are a loose but okay. The 6 pants I bought last year are way too big. Most of my L is way too big. I still have them there because I have a hard time letting go, and I can't afford new pants right now so am wearing a lot of too big size 6. I just got rid of the 10-12 range a few weeks ago.

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 08-10-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:04 PM   #10  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I am going to trash/donate as I go, too. Going to keep one size up from where I currently am at any given time, but everything above that has to go.

I saw an episode of "Ruby" on Style network yesterday that made me think about attachments to things. She is now 330 lbs on the show, but used to weigh almost 700 lbs. She had a terrible time giving up her dresses from when she was 700 lbs. It wasn't the actual clothing, though, it was that at that weight she felt "safe" - she had learned to deal with everything as a big girl.. and just felt so much more comfortable there because that is all she has known. For someone like Ruby.. and really me as well, who has been overweight pretty much all their lives.. it's really scary to change and not know how it's going to feel when you get there, emotionally. Through lots of tears she finally gave up the dresses, and her kind friend surprised her with a quilt made from patches of the dresses.

It is surprising how we can attach emotions to things like items of clothing. The "no turning back now" feeling is almost like losing yourself .. even if it is a "former" self.
HotWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:40 PM   #11  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

I have anything from 11-14's at the moment. Those sizes also vary through juniors and womens sizes. I'm working to get down to the 8 pairs I fit into when I was 167 (which are my juniors size 11 and 13s from places like anchor blue). Right now I'm in my 14 contour waist and hope to be into my 12s from the women's section soon. Shirts I have M-XL. I fit in some XL, but mostly L at the moment. I kept only one pair of jeans (that were too tight when I was at my heaviest) and one shirt that was my "comfy" shirt at my heaviest - these are both put away). I have all the other size hanging in my closet in sections. It gives me motivation to keep losing!
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:12 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I have been going through my clothes and getting rid of my bigger sizes. It is hard. I worry about gaining the weight back and having nothing to wear, but I guess that's the point, right? Gaining the weight isn't an option anymore.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:08 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 198/128/138

Height: 5'7

Mostly 12's but 1 pair of 14's. I'm down to my last pair of 14's, they're shorts that I'm fairly certain are made a bit smaller. I think I may have a pair of 10's somewhere.
amynbebes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:29 PM   #14  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

I finally got rid of my 6's and 8's when I was pregnant this last time. If it ever happens again - I will celebrate by buying new clothes! I still have the pre-pregnancy 12's and all the 16's I am currently wearing (baby is 3 months old). Working my way back to pre-pregs...then on down to an appropriate weight, which for me is a size 10 or 8 - yahoo!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:03 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 385/339/140

Height: 5ft 7

I have everything from 16-28, I hate that, I keep looking at my sixteens going oh if only but one of these days I'll be there again, I threw out my 8-14 well actually donated them, but I would love to get down to eight again,but my goal is to get to sixteen for now .
TracyB73 is offline   Reply With Quote