Old 08-10-2009, 10:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/170/145

Height: 5'5

Default tips?

any tips to someone who is having a hard time staying motivated with workouts? i am really good for 1 or 2 weeks then something will stop me, like a vacation or working too much. i have pretty healthy eating habits but i drink alot and i know alcohol adds a TON of calories. any help would be great!

thanks!
thugzneedhugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:47 AM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

My only advice would be to get focused, determined and commit 100%. It's not easy but it can be done.

Good luck with your goals

Hugs
Michelle

Last edited by Onederchic; 08-10-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Honestly, I drank a lot of alcohol for ten years, and I was never able to lose more than four or five pounds that whole time. I would be a ton of energy after a night of drinking and staying out late and then just crash and burn. I basically would just be burning what I drank and never even touched the calories I was eating from food. I was dehydrated most of the time and always had an alcohol bloat look to my face and body. Every diet I tried said to not drink for the first two weeks. No wonder I didn't last on anything. That's why I loved WW, because I could have a beer or two, but just had to count them into my daily point allotment, which got old because I would much rather use those points for a dessert or coffee drink. So it didn't take to long for me to want to stop drinking. The changes I noticed were innumerable. Leaner look, better skin, better sleep, no more moodiness. I wish I could travel back in time and taken it a little more easy on my body from 16 to 26 because I for sure would remember a lot more and probably not have gained 20 pounds during those ten years.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/170/145

Height: 5'5

i figured that was the case. my life is surrounded by drinking. mostly bc my bf and all his friends are in bands that play in bars. my friends mainly work at bars and carry the same lifestyle. i know i can't just quit bc there is far too many temptations. is there something that is better to drink? i am down to drinking 2 night a week but if there is an event that all goes out the window. blast! i am even changing my work schedule so i work at 630am every morning bc i DO NOT drink if i gotta work early. i'm worried that i will change one habit for another and i doubt it'll be any better:/
thugzneedhugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

If I go out to bars, I have one or two beers at the most. I usually end up holding the same beer for most of the night and have to end up throwing half out because it is just gross to drink after it sits too long. You could have a soda water flavored with a few lime squeezes, and you will feel great the next day. If I do go out, which is pretty rare, and it's just for one drink with the ladies, I might treat myself to a mint mojito with gin instead of rum. I know they are calorie laden drinks, but stay away from margaritas or any other fruity drinks. Maybe a glass of wine. I love selzter water with a squeeze of lime though; very refreshing.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote