Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 08-07-2009, 07:43 AM   #1  

Default Acai and colon cleansers as seen on Oprah

Hi everyone. Has anyone tried ACAI BERRY yet? Oprah talked about it on her show. I found a site that has Acai and Colon Cleanser kit but I dont know if I should buy it.

There was a colon cleanser I used to SWEAR by but the company just disappeared. So if anyone knows where I can find "Extreme Colon Cleanser" by Dutch International PLEASE PLEASE let me know. I cant find it ANYWHERE! I had great success with that product.
jadelashae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:02 AM   #2  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

SCAM SCAM SCAM - Believe me, I used to sell these products. You sign up for the "free" trial and then the manufacturer will charge you about $80/month automatically after the trial is up. Then, they make it nearly impossible to cancel.

The colon is perfectly capable of cleaning itself if you eat a healthy diet and acai berry, although it has some health benefits, is often diluted in American products. It's good for you, but it's no miracle fruit - don't believe all those "diet blogs" you find online promoting the products.
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 172/163/105

Height: 5'1''

so true. i wish i could have looked more into it, or at least googled it, before i ordered. three unopened bottles later and over $100 gone. it didn't help AT ALL. and it was a real pain to cancel.
normalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/160/120

Height: 5'5 1/2"

So, I just started taking it. But if you do get the "Free Trial" cancel is as soon as possible because they will charge you like $80 per month or something for it, which is crazy. It's a 30 day supply but they charge you in 14 days. THey charged me, but I ended up calling and being a big b i t c h and getting half of it back because it was like more than 14 days but I had been on vacation. So they sent it back to me, so I'm trying it. I took my first one before breakfast this morning and I'll take one right before lunch so we will see how it goes. I might start a blog on it or something.
Mandi2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 245/260/145

Height: 5'7''

Your colon cleans itself
Everything you see talking about colon cleansing, believe me, it's scam

I have had many colonoscopies, and I never seen my colon full of whatever they say you might have. It's lies.
willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/198/150

Height: 5'4

Red face

I was interested in this too but I wasn't about to send away for it(acai) and end up with nothing but flies coming out of my wallet in the end!LOL!! Instead I went to superstore and found it there. Not the big brand name obviously but their brand exact. It comes in 500 mg capsules for like 12 bucks. Anyway I have been taking it for about 4 days now. It says that it's a potent antioxidant. The only thing I have noticed so far is that my urine smells like butter.GROOSE!!LOL!! Sorry but thats my experience so far! Good luck!
Jade
Jadelicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadelashae View Post
Hi everyone. Has anyone tried ACAI BERRY yet? Oprah talked about it on her show. I found a site that has Acai and Colon Cleanser kit but I dont know if I should buy it.

Did you SEE it on Oprah, or are they just advertsing "as seen on Oprah?"

My guess is the latter, because I I just read that Oprah and Dr. Oz are suing three 3 Utah companies for falsely claiming that she has endorsed or used their product (acai berry colon cleanses), and using her image without her permission or approval.

Remember that even a celebrity's picture on the box does NOT mean that the celebrity is endorsing or has used (or has even heard of) the product.

Unless you hear it FROM the celebrity's mouth, I would assume otherwise. But even so, celebrity status does not insure that the person knows anything about nutrition and health. In fact, because their livelihood can depend upon losing weight quickly - sometimes health is the LAST thing on their mind. Getting the weight of FAST regardless of the cost to them personally (financially or physically or even in reduced metabolism over time) can become the main focus.

Last edited by kaplods; 08-24-2009 at 06:26 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/198/150

Height: 5'4

The stuff I am taking has nothing to do with Oprah or Dr Oz. It is just the berry extract. I am using it for detoxifying. It was through them where I had heard of the nutritional value of the berries, but is not associated with them in any way. Also has nothing to do with colon cleanse. And I totally agree with you kaplods!
Jadelicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:46 AM   #9  

Cool Sleepless on Acai Berry

I bought Acai Berry and immediately realized that I couldn't sleep at all for days. That is one of the side effects. I also bought the Colonix system and after 4 or 5 days of mixing the drink and poping pills, I had no results... but I am a vegetarian. Drink 64 oz of water a day and walk up a sweat for 30 minutes and you are doing the same thing - free!
designingwebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:13 PM   #10  

Ahhhhhhhhhh....Take it from someone who knows...the colon does not need to be cleansed.And If you think it does, go to the drug store and by some "golitely", green bottle,aka-mag citrate.Then plan on spending the next 24 hours near a restroom ...Please dont do this.My sister is a GI doc...this is such a scam.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote