Old 08-10-2009, 10:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: MON 08/10

Mornin' ladies!

How was everyone's weekend??

I ate pretty badly this weekend...everything from greasy breakfast on Saturday morning, to a big burger for dinner last night. I did enjoy some of my low-fat broccoli and grape salad though...

I feel a bit gross today...so I enjoyed eating my fruit and yogurt for breakfast!

I must say...I am proud of myself. I haven't had any pop in 8 days! I've given it up again and I've stuck with it!

Now, if I could just stick with the healthy and non-greasy eating...I'd be doing fine!
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:44 AM   #2  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Wifey, good job on the soda! I know that once I wean myself off of it, I just stop wanting it in general... Plus, when I'm drinking all the water that I'm supposed to be drinking, there just isn't enough room in my belly for any more liquid!

I was SO tired this morning for some reason, even though I got more sleep than I usually do... I did drag myself out of bed but pretty much slept through the warmup to 30DS. I did seem to wake up when the actual workout started, though.

I think I'm just stressed out -- even subconsciously -- about my job situation. I have to kind of commit to one of two "tracks" and it's looking like I might be more able to get a job in my non-preferred track, which could make it really hard to switch tracks later in my career. And of course I've got two possibilities, one in each track, and the one I DON'T want as much is the one I'll have to make a decision about first, so do I go for the sure thing, or say no and risk not even getting an offer from the other position... I'm babbling, but that's what keeps hanging over me. Whenever I stop and ask myself, "why do I feel ever so slightly like I want to throw up," the answer is always, "because I don't know what to do with my life." And there are all these things that the hubby and I want to do but we just keep saying that we'll wait until my job situation is "figured out." Sigh.

But enough of that!

I'm still routinely weighing in ONEderland in the mornings, which is good. I had a good weekend with food and was pretty active, although I didn't do a ton of actual exercise. I make soup every Sunday, and this Sunday I made mushroom barley. It turned out REALLY well. This time I sauteed the onions in a little bit of garlic oil before I added everything else to the pot and cooked it.

I went to bed a little hungry but was looking forward to my meals today. Breakfast was eaten, lunch is waiting for me in the fridge, and I'm having leftover soup and some canned tuna for dinner. I have one more walk to go on, and then an hour of sand volleyball tonight.

I hope all you ladies (and gentlemen ) have a good day!

Last edited by Rebound; 08-10-2009 at 10:45 AM.
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

Yesterday was my 10k race and I did really well. I ran the first half really slow because I was nervous that I wouldn't make it, but Ihad a rush of energy and ended up doing really well. I am really proud of myself and I am going to sign up for another one to keep me motivated. I am a littlel sore today.

I didn't drink a soda yesterday which is amazing for me. I am addicted to diet soda and it is always in our house. DH drinks it so I have to fight urges to have one all afternoon, but I think it makes me gain weight.

The kids have little colds today. Runny noses and cranky attitudes. Fun.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/260/145

Height: 5'7''

I have to say that I'm not proud of my weekend overall...
We went camping with all my mother's family, we were around 60 people
So, anyway, you know how it is in camping, you eat a lot, at least in my family we do.

So, on friday I had greasy food, on saturday I had a lot of bacon, 2 eggs for breakfast... and ate a lot during the afternoon/diner.

Yesterday I had beers and some macaroni and cheese because the grocery wasnt done yet, I took what was easy to do. I'm not proud but, this is behind I guess

Hope you have a good day!
willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:00 PM   #5  

@rileyozzy : Congrats! You did good!
Old 08-10-2009, 12:31 PM   #6  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Thumbs up

Good Morning! (Well....Afternoon for some of us. )

I'd meant to start my day with a posting but, darn it, I slept in. Reading some of the other posts here makes me think that it's not just me. Perhaps it's just the Monday Morning excitement.

Before I launch into things - the 10 second bio. My name is Lawrence - or Rooster as I called myself from time to time- and it kinda stuck with most of the girls. My username - RXZeohyr or Raymond Xavier Zephyr - is a short story character I created in High School and the name just stuck with me.

I'm in my mid-30's and have been battling with my weight ever since university. (Hard to believe, but the doctor was concerned about me being underweight when I was in high school.) I'm a proud Canadian living on the East Coast and I work in the Computer/IT Security field. I've been married for almost 10 years (this September) and have no kids, just 2 fur babies (cats) which are 12 and 10 years old respectively. I am an avid model railroader, which is a hobby I have only picked up again a few years ago and am quickly making a reputation in the local club as a troublemaker since the status quo is rarely acceptable with me.

I was a regular in the 30-Somethings forums for a few months through 2006/2007 - so some of you may remember me - and then things kinda fell apart and I walked away from even attempting to reduce my weight as emotional eating took over full force. My job sucked, I was dealing with some personal issues, and I was just - in general - not happy. Well...things haven't changed a whole lot except (for some reason) I'm ready to tackle this again.

So here we go. DAY 1.

Not doing too badly with consumption, I guess - looking at some of the calorie counts of my regular consumption - tracking using Fitday again. Kinda worried about my coffee of all things. You see, I don't drink a whole lot of it (about 2 x 10oz/day) but I do drink it with cream. I'm just not a fan of drinking with milk... But the fat content of coffee cream (18%!) is just nasty. But we'll see what I can do. Other than that, I'm kinda worried about portion size/control, but I'll also keep that under observation. I'm learning what needs to be changed is a good start.

On the exercise front, I kinda failed today. I blame the weather (it's gray, foggy and looks like rain) so I didn't get out for a walk. It's probably just an excuse though.

Wifey - Another shout out to a Canadian! Too bad about the "treats" on the weekend. (Well, too bad from the diet point of view, but I bet they tasted good. ) One thought about breakfast - I tend to meet the model train club guys on Sundays for breakfast. It's the normal breakfast special - eggs, meat, toast, home fries. Because I can't cook them at home, I normally get eggs over-easy (and dip the toast! ) and then treat myself to bacon. Neither of these are great food options - so what I have switched to is Ham (a little more lean, more protein than bacon) and poached eggs. Poached can have the same consistency as the over-easy eggs (still can dip my toast!) but without all the grease from frying. Something to think about. Not much I can do about the burger though - I have a similar weakness.

Rebound - I know ALL about that sort of feeling re your career options. There was a time when I was SO unhappy here that I was constantly looking for a job outside of the company I currently work for but could never get myself past the "what if" of making the applications. I know about the dread. I know about putting "life on hold". What I don't have is a solution - because the only person who can answer "what you want" is you. Make sure you think about what will make you happy - making a decision simply because you can get a job quickly might solve some financial problems short term, but you could end up with a long time of unhappiness, doing only a mediocre job, working at tasks you hate. I've only been here for less than a day, but I think I can speak for everyone and say that we'll always be here to listen if you need an ear. (I know the girls were when I needed them before!)

rileyozzy - Congrats on the run! I did a couple of road races....oh....6-7 years ago. Same distance. First time, I walked the whole thing and came in dead last for my age group. But I didn't care. *I* finished and I was proud of that. Keep it up! I look forward to hearing about your successes in the future....maybe work into a triathlon or something?

willa - Camping. This is a newly discovered pastime for my wife and I this year and I know what you mean about eating badly. For me, it's not really the volume of food, but the type. We seem to have lots of snacky stuff and marshmallows for toasting over the fire... The last camping trip a couple weekends ago was a BIG bag of Cheeto's Corn Twists. YUM but BAD! (And they go surprisingly well with beer.) Oh well - gotta reward one's dedication to sticking to things from time to time! Just stay on track during the week.

Alright, I'd better get back to doing some real work. It kinda feels good to be back here. to everyone who's lurking or just too busy to post.

Stay positive & Stay On Track!

Lawrence
Rooster.
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXZephyr View Post
Wifey - Another shout out to a Canadian! Too bad about the "treats" on the weekend. (Well, too bad from the diet point of view, but I bet they tasted good. ) One thought about breakfast - I tend to meet the model train club guys on Sundays for breakfast. It's the normal breakfast special - eggs, meat, toast, home fries. Because I can't cook them at home, I normally get eggs over-easy (and dip the toast! ) and then treat myself to bacon. Neither of these are great food options - so what I have switched to is Ham (a little more lean, more protein than bacon) and poached eggs. Poached can have the same consistency as the over-easy eggs (still can dip my toast!) but without all the grease from frying. Something to think about. Not much I can do about the burger though - I have a similar weakness.
Well HELLO to you too! I guess I should take back my "good mornin' ladies" greeting and say "good afternoon ladies and gent!"

back!
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: see tickers

Welcome back, Rooster.
BlueFruitMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:08 PM   #9  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Default Monday

Hey everyone!

I missed you all last week. I didn't even get to get on here and read much last week. My daycare re-opened and I was buuusY!

By some stroke of luck, I don't have any daycare kids today. Mom's with days off, one child who will regularly be gone on Mondays - sweet! Though - it's always a zoo in here. The neighbor girl and my 7yo dd running in and out, my girlfriend stopped by with her two girls 2yo and 4yo, then the electricians decided that today was the day that they could do our smoke detectors (2 days before the state deadline!) What a crazy day!

I didn't do very well last week without the accountability I find here. I wasn't able get any exercise in at all. I know that I'm spoiled - but having to rise and shine at 6:30 is a killer! I wish our baby would not wake up at 4am to be fed. That last 2 hours of sleep just stinks.

My goal for today is to get a walk in after nap time. Since I just have my 4 today, I can at least take them all to the park after we walk. A little bribery never hurts - and they love to ride their bikes.

Well, gotta go - the electrician is pounding away and the kids just went down for naps = FUN. Hope to respond to all of you later on today. Nice to see some new people and some "recycled" people.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:42 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I have the afternoon munchies and so I am posting so that I avoid a little binge. I had a protein shake with blueberries and an egg white scrample with onion, bell peppers, tomatoes and a whole grain english muffin so I am not hungry.

I haven't planned lunch yet and it's getting near. I do have an eye doctor's appt. later so that will keep me out of the kitchen. The dog chewed up my glasses so I have to get another pair. I wear contacts so spending money on glasses seems like a waste of money for me, but I have to get them replaced.

Welcome back Rooster and thanks for the kudos for running. It's been a fun journey and a year ago I would have fallen down laughing if anyone suggested that I run. Funny, what a year can do.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:00 PM   #11  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

In the spirit of rileyozzie's last post, I have to admit that I just had a run-in with some wedding cake and I did NOT come out victorious. Oh well! I'm actually quite lucky that it happened today. I had a VERY light dinner planned and was actually going to have to search my shelves for something to add to my leftover soup. Now I'll plan on just sticking with the soup and skipping the haystack cookies I was going to have for dessert.

I definitely seem to have found a trigger Crappy cake I can resist, but with GOOD cake it is hard for me to restrain myself. I think what I learned today was that I need to not take that first bite, at least not at this point in my journey. I got an email about the cake and went to the break room to "just take a look" at the tier of wedding cake. If I had stayed at my desk I wouldn't have had ANY of the cake.

I think I'll be fine with my calories (and even if I was over by a few 100, it wouldn't kill me!) but I'm trying to learn from this experience...

Last edited by Rebound; 08-10-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:41 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXZephyr View Post

willa - Camping. This is a newly discovered pastime for my wife and I this year and I know what you mean about eating badly. For me, it's not really the volume of food, but the type. We seem to have lots of snacky stuff and marshmallows for toasting over the fire... The last camping trip a couple weekends ago was a BIG bag of Cheeto's Corn Twists. YUM but BAD! (And they go surprisingly well with beer.) Oh well - gotta reward one's dedication to sticking to things from time to time! Just stay on track during the week.
I do wilderness camping with my cousins usually twice a year, but this time it was in a campground with all the family, so I guess it was easier to cook hot dogs and make sandwich bites.

I did actually made 2 salads that everyone loved. It was my way to bring a little health to the rest of the table hahaha

All the beers, drinks and chips killed it

When I go wilderness camping, I mostly bring cold salads, nothing greasy because I dont want to cook really.