Old 08-10-2009, 03:09 AM   #1  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Default Accountability/Menu/Planning 10 - 16 August

Hi lovelies!

Well, I'm not sure what happened last week. Every time I came to post, something would happen and I just never got back to post. It was a fairly quiet week, in any case.

The gym went well - I did yummy trainer's class on Thursday morning and OMG, my arms were so sore on Friday I could barely lift them high enough to do my hair and make up! Yeah, not enjoying that bit so much! Although I think I'll do the class again on Thursday. I must be mad!

Work is still quiet - we're actually helping out another part of the company with their backlogs, so at least we're keeping busy and being productive. I'm beginning to think we may get through the winter without something big happening somewhere, but I doubt we'll be that lucky.

Anyway, the plan for tomorrow is to go to the gym early, work and then I've got an appointment with my bank - my mortgage is up for renegotiation next month, so I want to see what changes they're going to make to the terms and conditions. Given the financial situation, I don't think I'm going to be too happy, but you never know!

Take care everyone - I'll check in tomorrow.
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks! Don't faint...it's Beverlyjoy. I've been MIA because I was in a bad place with food. I didn't feel like I could be helpful to anyone. I've 'crawled' out of my food frenzy and have had two solid healthful sane days with food. I am so grateful.

As we always do in this lifelong existence with food - I am trying again to live in sane healthy relationship with food.

For today:

errands
storytelling
stretches
lots of water
meditation
put my fork down between bites/pause
leave a small amount of food on my plate
no eating standing up

breakfast - grits, lite margerine, egg white scramble with ketchup, raspberries
lunch - turkey and cheese wrap, cauliflower with spray butter and parm
snack - strawberries
dinner - blueberry pancakes, sf syrup, butter spray, turkey sausage,
snack - pnb english muffin, sf cocoa

I hope everyone is doing GREAT.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:36 AM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Friends!

I'm back. And, not a minute too late. The summer was a whirlwind of activity and family time. I enjoyed every single minute of it, but my eating has been crazy. I've gained quite a bit of weight back and can't fit into any of my clothes.

Beverlyjoy - it is so good to hear from you again!
MJ - that is great news about the knee surgery.
Beth - Welcome

Last evening, I picked up some grocery items. Today, I'm back to tracking my calories on Daily Plate. I am eating whatever I want, but avoiding all sugar. I may mourn the loss of my evening bowl of Haagen Daaz, but my hips and belly will thank me!

May I make a suggestion? Back in the day, this thread used to be extremely active. I believe part of the problem is that people don't know what our purpose is and who can post here. I recommend that we change our name to something like '100lb Club Accountability Thread' and that our first post of the week should be a blurb about the thread....."do you need accountablility.....yadda yadda..." What do you all think?

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 08-10-2009 at 09:37 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:40 AM   #4  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! It's going to be one of those hazy, hot, and humid days that I 'love' so much....ugh, at least my office has good a/c!

nicolen--yummy trainers class sounds good! Good luck at the bank....

Beverlyjoy--YEA you are back!!! I have missed you!

Accountability time...Saturday was NOT on plan....I didn't drink anywhere near enough water/decaf plain tea, and I skipped breakfast (forgot), hardly ate lunch, then was starving at dinner and over-ate--it was healthy stuff, but still ate too much. Yesterday, I did drink, A LOT which was good and my food choices were ok--but too much sodium which wasn't good.

This morning I was ready to put my lunch in the refrig at work when I realized that I left it at home! Oh well, at least it's already made for tomorrow! Now the trick is, getting something take-out that is healthy. My gym clothes are in the car and even though it is hot, I AM going to the gym. I will do legs/back weights and cardio.

I am waiting for my ortho's receptionist to call me back (yep, I have her direct phone #!)....I received the approval letter for the 'scope of my knee on saturday! YIPPEE!!!! I want to get this scheduled asap! Of course, a monday morning is the worst time to call a drs office, but whatever...I left her a message anyway.

I also really want to find a bathing suit. There are some water aerobics classes at my gym that I have been thinking about trying, but STILL haven't. My bathing suit is horrible, so I need to replace it. Plus, it would be really good for me post-surgery to get into the pool!

Have a great OP day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:42 AM   #5  
mj5

Rhonda--We must have been posting at the same time! YEA!!!! Glad to see you back!!!! I think it's a good idea to post the into 'blurb' about what we are for in the first post of the week...I remember when we used to do that. a name change is fine w/ me to if everyone else is ok w/ it.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:21 AM   #6  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I Dont' mind a change.

also, mj5 I got the cutest black and mahogany patterned swimdress from lane bryant, and STILL haven't been swimming! hoping to go thursday!

todays menu: 1722

b: 2 whole eggs, 2 slices whole wheat toast w/ ICBINB, 1 banana
s: green apple
l: general tso's tofu w/ eggroll
s: pb and j sandwich on arnolds sandwich thin
d: garlic, zucchini, mozarella pasta w/ olive oil

Last edited by lottie63; 08-10-2009 at 10:23 AM.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:10 AM   #7  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone. Good week for me last week. I was over on food yesterday and kind of lazy all day, but overall the weekend was good. I took the kids to get some new clothes for school. It took forever! But, they're happy. I was kind of tickled with their reactions to everything. We've been cutting back so much lately with the economy the way it is, I think it was just a treat to go shopping and get new things.

Beverly: So good to hear from you. Sorry you've been struggling with food, but you'll get back on track!

Rhonda: Great to see you again, too! I'm so glad you're back posting here. As for changing the name, or adding something to explain what this thread is, I think that's good.

MJ: Good news on your knee! I hope you get in soon to get it done!

Nicolen: Good to see you! Sore arms are good for you, remember? ha!

Lottie: How fun, a new swimsuit! Have a good time with it!

Jab, Schmoodle, and anyone else: How's it going?!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:29 PM   #8  
mj5

I am SO proud of myself for my lunch choice....I was pressed for time (gee, there's a surprise....), so I went to Wegmans--GREAT store, BUT, it can be overwhelming and there are lots of not-so good choices there too...I ended up w/ some low sodium sliced turkey, a slice of swiss, and a whole wheat roll--to build my own sandwich--it is all so fresh and yummy no need for condiments and I bought some green grapes to snack on. I have water here (and have been drinking LOTS of it. I didn't linger, I didn't 'just look around' I went in with a plan and got the heck out of there!

lottie--I'll have to check out lane bryant...I started looking online yesterday and quickly got bored w/ it....I have never tried the swim dress kind of swimsuit.

Diane--Sounds like you had a great weekend!

K, I need to finish up some things. I have been covering for another manager, so it's been hectic, but she covers for me, so it's only fair!

Have a great afternoon!
Old 08-10-2009, 02:43 PM   #9  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

mj5 they are so flattering and not "granny" looking at all. I tend to think that skirts are granny looking but I love the swim dresses. I had a different one last year and got so many compliemtns. a big woman even came up and said "THAT is how they should make swimsuits for ladies like us! That is so flattering!" LOL It was weird, but nice.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:22 PM   #10  
mj5

lottie--thanks for the info! I will check them out this weekend.

Accountability time....I did not work out at the gym tonight--the power was out. When I came home, well, it's so hot (insert whiney voice here!) I am going to do some yoga-ish stretches, so that will be something, but not great.

I did not hear from the drs office, yet. Hopefully tomorrow....
Old 08-11-2009, 08:01 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks - day three of food sanity. I am very, very grateful.

Lately, I am faced with when to do my foot surgery. With DH's new insurance we have a $4500 out of pocket co-pay before the insurance pays for anything. (except well care). No RX - no nothing. If I do my foot surgery now - I'll have to pay $4500 dollars. In January - the 'calendar year' for the insurance starts again - another $4500 for next year. DH says that I am worth it to do the surgery now - I agree! But, the frugal part of me says to wait til 2010. I am managing. But, DH is tired of my 'foot stuff'. Me too. It's hard to figure out.

Today:
stretches & strengthening
lots of water
put fork down between bites
no eating standing up
meditation
leave a tiny amount on my plate

breakfast - turkey on toast with lite mayo, blueberries
lunch - bean and cheese wrap with salsa, cauliflower
snack - ff cottage cheese & fruit
dinner - Thia noodle salad, carrots
snack - 1/2 english muffin with pnb, sf cocoa

MJ - It's so good to 'see' you. I missed you too & everyone! I am proud of you and your selection for lunch. Good for you. Hope you hear from the doctor soon. Hope you find a bathing suit you like -they are probably on sale, too!

Slash - such fun, shopping for school stuff. I remember it well.

Lottie - zucchini and mozzarella sound so good...thanks for the inspiration!

HI Rhonda... - I guess we are back at t he same time. Let's do this --- I know we CAN do it.

Nicolen - good for you...getting to the gym. Gotta see that yummy trainer.

Have a good day!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 08:56 AM   #12  
mj5

Good Morning! It's another hot one here, but I wised up this morning...I have heavy drapes on the windows in my office, so I closed them this am....hate to block out the beautiful sunshine, but it's SO hot over by the windows...it's cooler in here already! Thank goodness for central air at work!

Beverlyjoy--Wow, that's a high copay. I know what you mean though...Yes, you are worth it! But, I would be right there with you...at least wondering if I should wait so then the copay would be done for the WHOLE year. Ugh, good luck with your decision. I want to get my surgery scheduled asap--because I am SICK of dealing w/ my knee and I have met my max out of pocket expenses for the year....so I won't have to pay anything if we can get a move on! LOL!!!!

I remembered my lunch today! Yippee! I have already started drinking water! I have my gym clothes in the car and ready to go.

It will be a good, no, make that GREAT OP day!
Old 08-11-2009, 09:21 AM   #13  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Friends,

Yesterday was so-so on the weight loss front. I found it very difficult to switch directions after 2 1/2 months of self indulgence. Thank God for another brand new day. I need to purge the cabinets and fridge today. The leftover ice cream caught me.

Beverlyjoy - if you can work it out, you might want to seriously consider having the surgery as soon as possible. No one should have to live in pain.

Have a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:39 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

BJ!!, so good to "see" you again. You know you would tell anyone else to keep posting even when they are not on plan. Don't disappear on us again. I know I'm one to talk, I am pretty sporadic myself, but as long as we find our way back, right?

And Rhonda!! good to "see" you as well. I think your suggestion is a great one, particularly the blurb at the beginning.
mj and nicole, lottie, and Diane thanks for holding down the fort for the prodigal daughters.
mj, I'm glad things are moving ahead with your surgery.
lottie, I saw some of those swimdresses at the beginning of the summer when I was looking for a new suit, they are really cute. They didn't have my size though, so I ended up splurging on a Land's End suit that squeezes everything in.

okay, group hug time!

Well, if any of you have been wondering what's going on with me, here's a quick recap. Last October, I had lost 70 lbs in 18 months and things were going really well. Then I don't know what happened. Over the holidays and spilling into the new year, I kind of went nuts and ended up gaining back 15 lbs. I did get a handle on things and have been maintaining for about 6 months now, but having a really hard time moving back into lose mode. I did pretty well in June and July and I think I've re-lost 5 of those lbs., but it's pre-TOM and I am not going near a scale for a week or so to check. And yes, I really need to fess up and change that ticker and avatar. I've been away a lot this summer on vacation and work trips, so haven't been able to post here much. Last week, I was away all week at a conference. Food was provided, but none of it on-plan, of course. The hotel I stayed in did not have a fridge and microwave, no free breakfast, and I didn't have a car to get groceries. I brought some non-perishables with me, and the first few days I worked really hard to stay as on-plan as possible, but that got very old and by the end of the week I was scarfing down the pastries. SO, back to square 1, Ph1 detox again. I've got a girls' getaway trip planned in late September and I'd really like to be down a few more by then.

so today...
B: blueberry and cottage cheese smoothie, coffee with milk
S: raw zuke, cherry tomatoes and hummus
L: leftover steak over steamed squash with Parmesan, V8
S: skim latte, string cheese
D: Grilled chicken breast, ratatouille
S: SB peanut butter cup

Have a great day everyone!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:57 AM   #15  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Well, I did it. I went to spin class today. I am going to go again on Thursday to see if I can do it twice a week. The normal instructor for Tuesdays is one I have not seen before. It was a lot different, but still good. It seemed easy at first, but we did a lot of "climbing", so high resistance. That sneaks up on you after awhile and I was pretty worn out at the end. The instructor on Thursday does more of a high intensity class, with a lot of speed involved. I think they might be a good mix for the week. It does feel really good. I have to stay vigilant on my food plan, though. That's always a tough thing for me. LOVE to eat!

It sounds like a lot of accountability folks have had some struggles lately. I think we just have to be kind to ourselves. We all need to take responsibility for our choices and be accountable, but then we have to treat ourselves like we would treat anyone else and be more encouraging and less condemning. While I would love to think that we can remain committed all the time and be perfectly on plan all the time, we have our times when that doesn't happen. It's ok! We own it, forgive ourselves, and then move onward. We need to keep posting and receiving encouragement. It is so hard to do this alone. Even if you are having a tough time, keep posting!!

Schmoodle: You can do it, just keep plugging along. BTW, cottage cheese and blueberry smoothie? Is that all you add together? Just curious.

Rhonda: Darn ice cream. It is one thing I always want!!!

MJ: Seems like you have a good plan for the day! Have fun at the gym.

Beverly: What a predicament. I can see why you hesitate, but you are definitely worth the cost of the surgery!

Lottie: How's it going!? I've been enjoying your posts! Keep writing.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote