View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 04:56 AM   #84
YogaPrincess

S/C/G: 185/167

Height: 5' 8"

Smile My Introduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC View Post
Being 40-something is spectacular! If you get a chance, introduce yourself to current and new members by filing out the bio below. Copy the below to a new reply and fill in as desired

(copied from 100 club, thanks!)

First name: Anne

Geographical location: Midwest

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: None

Pets: Bailey, my Shetland Sheepdog; Adopted from Heart of KY Sheltie Rescue so age is approximate at 11 years. I have had him for 9 years. He is suffering from Cushing's Disease and cannot be my "walk" partner anymore but otherwise he feels good.

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, yoga, quilting (beginner), movies

Height: 5' 8"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today! 8/11/09

Starting Weight: 185

Goal Weight: 167

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Disinterest in cooking, having food available for an active husband and lack of motivation. As a result of my disabling health problem, I suffer chronic pain and I use sugary foods to comfort myself.

Following any specific plan: I am tried several things in the past but I have never lost. I'm not a yo-yo dieter because I never dropped and went up. I first gained the weight while taking medication but I had poor eating habits.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: For the first time since having to give up my job and my volunteer work because of my medical condition, I have found activities that I enjoy - yoga and quilting. I want to feel as good as I can and while I cannot change my physical disability I know that a healthy diet and a healthy weight will make my life better!

Anything else you would like to share with us:
Because of my disability, I have lost most of my friends. I tried to reach out and let my friends know that I'm not absorbed with my problems but I do need their friendship. However, I gave up after my phone calls started to go unanswered. Any support and e-mails I receive from this group will be greatly appreciated.
YogaPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote