Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 08-09-2009, 06:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 172/172/120-110

Height: 5'3

Default Slim in 6?

Hey guys I saw an infomercial for si6 the other day and now im thinking about buying it off of amazon. I was just wondering if any of you have done it and how did you like it,? What were your results with it as well. Im not expecting to lose tons of weight the first time doing it but im planning to do the entire program at least 2 1/2 -3 times before I move back home. I just hope to get smaller and toned at least a little with this. Im not going to worry so much about the weight but more the inches and how my clothes are fitting . Also is it true that if you're over weight you lose more weight in the begining with this?
Thanks ladies
takarixvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:50 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I have never tried it but did a search and came up with a couple threads about it

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitn...-slim-6-a.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitn...-slim-6-a.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does...-slim-six.html

Hope this helps.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:22 PM   #3  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I've never done it, but the infomercial for Slim in 6 that I watch on Sunday morning at the gym sure make me move my tushie a little faster.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

I did Slim in 6 a few years back.. and I actually did lose weight on it. The workouts were really good! Don't remember how much I lost, but I do remember laying on the ground and being able to feel my hip bones, haha...
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 172/172/120-110

Height: 5'3

Onederchic- thank you some much for the links they did help .

Pita09- haha watching the infomercial made me want to work out but I was already jn bed so I decided not to.

Bbee- that's awesome . Im looking for a work out that will kick my butt hard and make my hipbones stick out when I stand up haha.

Also this is totally random but I stopped drinking soda a few weeks ago and last night I had one glass because I wanted a taste and it made me sick! I felt ill for a good hour or so and my goodness it was terrible. Has that happen to anyone else before? I am now swearing of soda for good (hopefully) although I do enjoy the fizz and flavor its just so bad for you haha. I am now loving water.
takarixvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:21 PM   #6  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

I ordered it from the infomercial...and returned it.
Way too many squats & lunges....made my knees hurt
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:22 PM   #7  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

You are very welcome!!

I use to drink a 12 pack of diet cokes every day, now I have 1 or 2 sodas a week and I am fine with it
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Yeah, I managed to lose my hipbones AGAIN, but I'm still searchin!

And I'm with ya on the soda.. Can't drink it or I feel terrrrrrrrible. That's a good thing though!
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:14 AM   #9  
OUMusicTeacher

S/C/G: 180/176/145

Hey! I actually just took the plunge and bought the system off of ebay after seeing the infomercials. I have a friend who has had GREAT success with P90x, manufactured by the same company, BeachBody. I looked on ebay and they had some deals, so I went for it.

I just got it yesterday and started today so I can't say what long term results may be, but I tell you what it BURNS!!! In the good way of course...or at least the helpful way. Obviously the key is to stick with it, and I'm strictly watching what I'm eating so there's that.

I've already tried the first 2 workouts, Start It Up and Ramp It Up, though you're not supposed to move on for a few days. I could handle it, but barely. I loved the challenge though! They do yoga to cool down too, which I enjoyed. JerseyGyrl is right though, if you have knee issues I wouldn't recommend. I don't, so it wasn't a problem, but there are a lot of squats!

Good luck! Hope this helped :-)
OUMusicTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:19 AM   #10  

S/C/G: SW 278 / CW 129 / 127

Height: 5'3"

So my friend has been doing it for about 4 weeks now and I can't see any difference at all. She doesn't seem to either.

I've looked up the videos on you tube and I did the "start up" workout and it definitely makes your legs burn, just like a previous gal said, lots of lunges and squats ! But just look up the videos on youtube before spending that money !
WSChick is offline   Reply With Quote