Thread: am I on track?
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 03:26 PM   #4
lottie63
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Well...this is what the nutritionist told me, 1200 as low as you should go for women and 1500 for men.

and if you're larger, usually much more.

and I don't mean this to sound rude AT ALL...but you didn't get to be 277 lb by not being hungry eating 12-1500 calories. I can eat 12-1500 and be fine, with little yet manageable hunger, that does not mean that my body is optimally burning calories at that range is all I'm saying.

but yes age does have something to do with it as it's on the calorie deficit chart you need to put your age and activity level into the chart to find out how much you can eat and still lose.

Also, I'm not saying you can't lose weight at 1200 calories, you can, and you can lose a lot, but chances are you will stall and won't be able to get out of the stall until you increase your cals, you will probably gain a few at first as your body gets used to you eating again but then it will start to come off at a healthy rate.

Also, it's not particularly heatlhy to lose 5-6 lbs a week for any extended period of time. And if YOU HAD Been losing that much, for so long....you wouldn't be here, right?

It doesn't really work.

Check out my weight loss blog!: www.beyondwillpower.blogspot.com
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote