Old 08-08-2009, 01:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 288/278.8/150

Height: 5 ft.5 in.

Default Just not into WeightWatchers Momentum...

I was within 5 lbs. of goal years ago on an exchange Plan by Weight Watchers and they yanked it and all the exchange Plans and ever since I have joined, rejoined and got heavier and heavier.
Well, this past week I gained 1.6 lbs. Not happy but realizing ok, I was in a week of Orientation in my new job. I'm a RN and work in a hospital.
So anyways, I thought about this all while driving home from my meeting and thought pok, I have the info, let me explore this week and see how this goes. I know I was able to work this old Program so much easier and better so I am challenging myself to try and lose the 1.6 lbs. I gained and see how this old Program treats me in these years.
I think that me talking about this in the Weight Watchers area may confuse or upset the apple cart as they say so I took my idea here figuring this is the more appropiate category.
What I'm try to do is get rid of these new rules that are bogging me down and are obstacles in my path. I really do NOT like Points and I am overeating on Simply Fillimng trying to guestimate portion sizes. So...
wish me luck with this because I feel if it worked so well before, why couldn't it now?
I am cooking an eye round on a rotisserie as I type this all out. I had a healthy shredded wheat,banana and skim milk breakfast. I measured out the milk, fruit is a free food on Freedom Plan which is the Progrqam I chose and I used of the large shredded wheat biscuits. Perfectly on Program.
I've got this whole thing worked out well.
Lunch is easy with some eye round 3 oz.,a 3 oz. after it's cooked baked potato and some fruit. Also fresh steamed veggies.
NurseChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Good luck! Personally I like counting points but I do NOT believe that one size fits all; neither does one eating plan. What counts is that we find what works well for us and stick with it.

Donna D., Hemet, CA
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:08 PM   #3  

It was a hard call to decide do i go back to an older version of weight Watchers or count calories. i know this did work and also, I know I wasn't hungry.
I'll give it this week to see how it treats me on the scale as well as how I feel.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:46 PM   #4  

I can't believe I found this thread.

The Freedom Plan was the best plan I ever was on. After WW chucked it, I quit and rejoined...quit and rejoined...I don't like any of their new plans.

And Momentum is NOT for me either!

I wish I still had a copy of that Freedom Plan. IT WORKED! Tell me were all fruits "free'? I seem to recall dried fruit was too???

Anyway, good for you that you were smart enough to save that program. It was the best.
Joycelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:03 PM   #5  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

I never was successful on the 'Points' either. I don't believe one size fits all, because everyones metabolism and chemistry is different. Its ashame they got rid of something that was successful for so many.
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:42 PM   #6  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Hey, whatever works for you is the key. If you like the old plan,for goodness' sakes, stick with it!!! Perhaps you could start a thread on the WW forum area for those who are doing this type of WW plan...

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:24 AM   #7  

I have the old Plan along with the Food guides like the old Food Companion and Dining Out for this Program.
The only thing that I don't have is the explanation for the weekend option. You could have I think if I recall this right one meal for each day all the way off Program and the rest of the day was supposedly on.
I never did that weekend option but that was a cool option to be reminded of.
One thing that isn't available for this Program is that Weight Watchers has no old info on exchanges for their frozen foods.Lean Cuisine has no diabetic exchanges on their frozen foods. Healthy Choice does.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:30 PM   #8  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiramira View Post
Hey, whatever works for you is the key. If you like the old plan,for goodness' sakes, stick with it!!! Perhaps you could start a thread on the WW forum area for those who are doing this type of WW plan...

Kira

I would be interested in a thread for the old ww plan.
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

How long ago was this freedom plan? I've been on/off WW since I was 12 (11 years ago), I've always used points. I don't feel like the program has changed much in that time. What was the old plan like?
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:58 PM   #10  

Height: 5'4"

Default Just not into WeightWatchers Momentum...

Hallelujah!!!!!
I am so glad I found this thread!!
Finally, I found some others who feel the same way I do. I joined WW on October 16, 1996. I lost 40 pounds, slowly. Never gained all of it back and I think it was this plan that did it. I wasn't starving all the time. Felt like I was eating balanced! I felt like a rock star until they yanked the rug out from under me. I don't think people understand how much of change it was for some of us, the departure from what we knew was completely foreign. It felt like WW's just dropped us. I was .7 away from goal and PISSED! Needless to say, I have been on and off again and again with the points, feeling like a complete failure. It takes a lot of energy to learn and remember point values for "everything"....but.... alas..... 1 bread will always be just 1 bread, 1 oz. of beef will always be beef.... need I say more.
mottodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:31 PM   #11  

Yay! I thought I was the only one who hated the point system. I checked on ebay and they have lots of cookbooks from 1988 & 1989, which is when I lost my weight (it's back!) on the Quick and Easy plan. I'm going to start there and see if maybe they have the plan in one of the cookbooks.
Morrobay1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:44 PM   #12  

http://www.dwlz.com/WWinfo/old1972ww.html

Maybe this?All I could find.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:20 AM   #13  

Hi, i would say go for the old plan.. as i have taken several plans i have been on and take what helps me and go for it from them all. glad there is lots of gals here want the old plan as working together with others and sharing is the best thing. good luck to all of you. LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:25 AM   #14  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aclai4067 View Post
How long ago was this freedom plan? I've been on/off WW since I was 12 (11 years ago), I've always used points. I don't feel like the program has changed much in that time. What was the old plan like?
I think the "1.2.3. Success", as it was called then, came into the picture in 1998 some time. The "Freedom Plan" was based on selections. Depending on the age/weight range you were in, you got so many "Breads", "Proteins", "Fats", and 250 bonus calories everyday. Non-starchy veggies were free, starchy ones were considered a 'bread'.... There was also a time within that plan when fruit was free.

What was so great about this plan for me was that if I ate let's say an English Muffin for breakfast, and pasta for lunch, I could look at my "Tracker" (journal) and see that I had Proteins left to eat..... so I didn't have to wonder, that hated question, "What's for dinner".....UGH that's just painful to even type out!...lol. Steak was on the menu that night

Where as with the points....there is NO structure, I can spend my points on whatever I want. Sounds good, but then, the dreaded question "what's for dinner" ..... anxiety kicks in....

I know they have "recommendations" on how to spend your points, but, if recommendations are what I have to base my discipline on, I would never need Weight Watchers..... There are plenty of recommendations out there, from my doctor, from magazines, from Television.... Just more to think about on top of having to memorize points. I've also noticed that people who feel like I do tend to eat the same things over and over again just cause they know the points for those items....needless to say that's not getting a variety of nutrients.

....I'm just say'n.... LOL.
mottodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:15 PM   #15  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mottodiva View Post
I know they have "recommendations" on how to spend your points, but, if recommendations are what I have to base my discipline on, I would never need Weight Watchers..... There are plenty of recommendations out there, from my doctor, from magazines, from Television.... Just more to think about on top of having to memorize points. I've also noticed that people who feel like I do tend to eat the same things over and over again just cause they know the points for those items....needless to say that's not getting a variety of nutrients.
I think that whatever plan works for you is best. But I just HAVE to say in defense of the points system that for many of us, the flexibility IS the key. Else we'd all be happy on a strict food plan being told what to eat when to eat. But even if you use exchanges, you are still left with decisions to make (when do I have my breads? If I have my bread for breakfast what will I have for dinner?). It IS your mindset, and as for eating the same things over and over...well, we ALL do this -- heck, you yourself say this in your post (steak for dinner if breads used for breakfast/lunch...). We ALL have food preferences and that DOESN'T mean that there is a lack of nutrient variety. At. ALL. It just comes down to what you prefer to do. It shouldn't come down to the implication that the new WW plan is "bad" because you won't properly fuel your body. If you DO find that you aren't getting your nutrients in on WW, you need to reevaluate your food choices and not slam the plan. IMHO.

Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 08-22-2009 at 01:17 PM.
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote