Old 08-08-2009, 04:38 PM   #1  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Default A Big "Thank You" To RockinRobin and to the 3fc 100+ lb to lose community!

A big thank you to rockinrobin for sticking around this forum even though she's no longer struggling with 100+ lbs to lose and is "happily maintaining" hehe!

I will definitely stay in this forum once I'm where I need to be, because it is a totally difference struggle, coming from a place of morbid obesity than for those who have lost 20-30 lbs and maintained (although congrats to them too!), in my opinion. The relationship with food is just....different I think.

I think it's really important robin,the things you have to say here, and you are a huge inspiration and are coming from a place of intimate knowledge with the struggle that we are all still (for the most part) fighting every day.

Thank you for sharing that knowledge with us!

and a big thank you to ALL the ladies, who have lost, are just starting out on their journeys, etc, who get up every day and come here to give and get support, WE keep each other in line and motivated and we are all making our way through this journey the best way we know how and teaching others who have yet to begin...or begin...again! We will do this, because we have each other.

Thanks to all the lovely ladies and gents here!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 04:44 PM   #2  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 04:51 PM   #3  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I just popped in (still on vacation) and this is the first thing I saw. I TOTALLY AGREE with you Lottie that RockinRobin is teh ROXXORZ!!!! and she should stay around forever. And a day.

Love you both!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 04:55 PM   #4  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

count me in on that cheerleading team. rr's posts have popped into my head on more than one occasion when I've come close to eating something that wasn't the best choice.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 298/298/150

Height: 5ft 7

i've only been here a short time and rockinrobins posts have not only inspired me but spoken the sense i really need to hear. and i appreciate that so much.

i totally agree with you lottie, that its a huge difference for someone to battle with morbid obesity and trying to get heatlhy than someone who lost 20-30lbs. while its the same journey, the struggles and the issues are very different. not to say that they dont deserve a huge kudos, just that things are different when you have alot to lose.
Bonnie+J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

It might surprise Rockinrobin to know she's my companion, that little voice in my head when I want to go to Taco Bell that says "you don't eat that kind of stuff anymore". She's tough love personified, with a beautiful heart. She's shared so much of herself and how she made it, it makes me feel like I can make it too.

I know she takes a lot of time and energy to participate on this forum, repeating herself umpteen times for every newbie that reaches out. But I'm so glad she does, and I hope she realizes how important she is.
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 07:03 PM   #7  

Yep.Shes awesome.Love to hear from people who have walked the walk.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:11 PM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Default Thank you times a million.

Oh my goodness. I am blushing. This is so kind of you. These words mean so much to me, you simply can not imagine. I appreciate them greatly. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I am humbled.

I should say though, that I would like to thank YOU. I am grateful that I am still welcome here, because in all honesty, I still need this place. Very. Very. Much. I need each and every one of you. I am more then aware of those "statistics" that say that I should have gained back the weight plus some. But as you all know, I am determined and committed to not let that happen. And every day that I'm here, with each post that I write (& read), each time I try to pass on what I've learned in the hopes of maybe, just maybe helping someone else get closer to their dreams, I am helping myself as well. I need to keep my weight, my health, forefront on my mind. And being here helps me immensely in doing so. And again, I thank you all.

This place is amazing. We've got some long time maintainers here, always ready and willing to help out. As well as everyone else in all different stages of their journeys. Each and everyone brings something to the table. Each and everyone is a valuable contributor and member.

So no, I won't be going any where, any time soon. You're all stuck with me. I know a good thing when I "see it" and from what I've been seeing, it just doesn't get much better then this.

rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:19 PM   #9  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I agree that having the wisdom and encouragement from Rockin Robin and the other wonderful moderators, as well as members like Lori Bell, Cfmama, Onederchick, RomanceDiva, Matt, and dragonwoman64, just to name a few who have been such a huge inspiration. It makes me so determine to get this weight off and join the ranks with so many awesome people who have reached their goals, or are continuing the fight to get there. Thanks to you all!!
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:40 PM   #10  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I did my own thank you post a few days back but I will say it again here - thanks to each and every person who gives never ending support and helpful advice here on the forums.

Pita09 - Thanks for the mention, it means a lot. You rock!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:11 PM   #11  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

I totally agree.... I didn't start coming into the 100+ club area until recently, but ever since I have I totally have felt that this is my "home" at 3FC. Love you guys!

Last edited by starfishkitty; 08-08-2009 at 09:12 PM.
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:20 PM   #12  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

We ♥ you too, Amanda
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:17 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 275/245/140

Height: 63inches

YES, let me also tip my hat to RR and all the people who help and inspire me! I like how RR tells you like it is and puts so much wisdom in her encouragement! Thank all of you! It is nice to know I am not alone in this fight!!!
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:36 PM   #14  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Sign my name to that post too! Robin and Lori show us that we CAN do this. So many others have also been a huge help. I know that 3fc has made a big difference to me.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:08 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 270.6/161.0/150

Height: 5'8"

I agree many times over with all that has been said. I am relatively new here but appreciate all the sharing and support from so many of you.

I am so glad I found you all

Last edited by momof5k; 08-08-2009 at 11:28 PM.
momof5k is offline   Reply With Quote