Old 08-07-2009, 07:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: see tickers

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Somethings' Daily Chat: Friday 8/7

Good morning shiny people!

Still on track this morning, but crampy (.). I hope you are all well. Other than cramp discomfort, feeling strong.
BlueFruitMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:02 AM   #2  
Slow and Steady

Height: 5' 9"

Good morning! You are not alone on that crampy front. Ugh.

Well it's a beautiful Friday, and I'm talking myself into going to the gym after work today. At 8:00am, I'm always raring to go but by the time I'm ready to leave work at 3pm, I start to waver a little on Fridays. But I'm just going to keep talking myself into it all day, and remind myself of how much better I feel when I leave there. Plus, if I go today that will be 5 days in a row that I went to the gym! I don't remember the last time I did that!

Hope everyone else is doing great!
AbbySinthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 211/181/140

Height: 5'2"

How funny, I'm expecting my crampywonderment to start tonight or tomorrow. Blah! I was hoping it'd be early so it'd be over before vacation. That starts Sunday

I cheated last night & had pizza with my kids. I didn't feel too bad about it cause I got it loaded with veggies but I'm doing Atkins so the bread crust wasn't the best. It sat a little heavy. But I had done a good workout prior thus I didn't feel too bad.
UniquelyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 152.5/149.5/125

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone! I've just finished my TOM and it reflects on the scale which has made me so happy this week. I am down 2.5lbs since Monday! I am hoping that atleast 1.5lbs of that stays off through next Monday. I go to the gym on Saturdays usually, so that will help me keep my metabolism boosted through the weekend. I am happier too because after 2 months of going to the gym atleast 3 times a week I am FINALLY starting to see some results all over my body. I can't believe the difference in my butt, lol! Its still got a long way to go, but its lifting! Its amazing! Even my husband said so!

Anyway, so I am in happy land today and feel pretty confident that I won't screw up too bad this weekend.

Fingers crossed!
Harps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Hello ladies!

It's FRIDAY!!!

I'm just a bit excited...I can get some sleep this weekend!

I love the "good morning shiny people" greeting btw!

Harps - congrats on the 2.5lbs!

What's everyone's plans for the weekend?

DH and I are going to a Housewarming Party tomorrow night and I'm making the broccoli and grape salad!
We're out to a BBQ on Saturday at a friends' place.
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:57 AM   #6  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

This is going to be crazy long, but I don’t care! Yesterday and this morning were so great I have to sing about them!

Yesterday I had a job interview in the morning and didn’t feel like going back to my regular job, so I stayed home. Before my interview I did 30DS level 2 and then took the doggies for a 30 minute walk. After my interview I went to the barn and rode for about 20 minutes. Once I got home I ate the good lean lunch I had packed for myself and did a ton of housework. Later I made myself a double serving of stirfry veggies, chicken, and rice and packed one serving of each to come to work with me today.

Okay, that was the easy part. The hard part was that at 8 pm I was supposed to go to a bachelorette party hosted by an amazing baker. I knew it was going to be really tough so I did everything I could think of to prepare myself. I ate a good dinner and told myself that I had finished dinner and was therefore DONE FOR THE DAY. I wore a cute fitted dress that I finally fit back into. I added a little cardigan, and there was NO room in that dress to stuff myself full of food. I also brushed my teeth right before I left.

And I managed to stay strong! Not a morsel of food passed my lips, and WOW was there some good food there. And nice drinks that I also avoided, preferring to dink only water through my phallus-shaped straw. I did bring some cake home for today, though! I’ll account for the calories and really enjoy the cake.

So I was PUMPED to weigh in this morning. I have been hovering above 200 all week long and yesterday I saw the first dip into ONEderland. I was SO excited and hopeful that I’d be in ONEderland today – and I AM! With room to spare! I clocked in at 198.2 for a total loss this week of 3.6 pounds!

So today I’m floating on air. I already did my 30DS and walked the dogs. I’m half way through my breakfast and I have a yummy stirfry in the fridge for lunch. I have thawed ground beef at home to make tacos tonight. (On a shell for hubby, on a salad for me!) I am smiling!
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:01 AM   #7  
One step at a time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifey View Post
DH and I are going to a Housewarming Party tomorrow night and I'm making the broccoli and grape salad!
Mmmmm... My parents are coming for a visit and my dad loves to grill out. I and DEFINITELY making that salad again!
Old 08-07-2009, 11:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 211/181/140

Height: 5'2"

That's awesome!! You've had a fantastic week
UniquelyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:07 AM   #9  
One step at a time...

BlueFruit -- Sorry about the cramps Keep going strong!

Abby -- have you considered working out in the mornings instead of after work? I know that for me it's tougher to get up initially, but I feel so good after I'm done and I know that no matter how my schedule might get run off the tracks later in the day, at least I'm sure I got my exercise in! Good job on the 5x in a row, though!

Normal -- sometimes we just need some pizza! I love the Papa Murphy's take 'n bake DeLITE pizza. They use 1/2 the cheese and a thin crust. Then you can have them put anything you want on it! Where I grew up they didn't have this chain, but now I LOVE it! You really feel like you're being naughty but you can stay totally on plan!

Harps -- Isn't that WHOOSH awesome! I love the whoosh! And I'm sure it'll stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniquelyNormal View Post
That's awesome!! You've had a fantastic week
Thanks so much!
Old 08-07-2009, 12:49 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

Rebound - YAY!!!! I hope you find some wonderful way to reward yourself for your hard work.

I am definitley reevaluating my goals and expectations for my weight. That stupid BMI number got me all messed up, but I really don't think it is feesible for me to be 130 at this time in my life. I was also feeling pressure from my mom who kept telling me that it is only harder to lose as you get older and when you hit menopause you gain weight. I am running a lot and very mindful of what I eat so I think this is the weight that is doable for me right now. I am also in the process of getting rid of all of my bigger clothes so I will have to maintain.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebound View Post
So I was PUMPED to weigh in this morning. I have been hovering above 200 all week long and yesterday I saw the first dip into ONEderland. I was SO excited and hopeful that I’d be in ONEderland today – and I AM! With room to spare! I clocked in at 198.2 for a total loss this week of 3.6 pounds!
WTG Rebound!!

I can't WAIT to hit ONEderland and have that overwhelming awesome feeling of accomplishment like you felt!

Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:40 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 152.5/149.5/125

Height: 5'5"

Rebound - GOOD JOB GIRL!! Serioulsy, you are in the zone! Good for you! I don't think I've ever been that good, lol!

Hey Wifey! Thanks! Have fun at the BBQ. We have nothing on this weekend. DH and I were supposed to go into The City on saturday (round here "The City" being New York) to eat at the fabulous Katz's Deli with my brother and his wife and then get some drinks but turns out everyone is so damn broke its just not a good time.
So not a thing to do cause we have no money honey...

Rileyozzy- You have to do whats best for you otherwise it will all blow up in your face It does get harder as you get older as I am realizing, so I too am rethinking the way I want to look and how I am going to get there. I don't care about weight anymore, its all about my body and what it responds too, and how it looks (fat vs. muscle). Thats all I care about these days. So if I end up at 140lbs but look fit, thats alright with me!

To the rest of the ladies - feel better!

Have a great weekend everyone and good luck!
Harps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:49 PM   #13  
One step at a time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyozzy View Post
Rebound - YAY!!!! I hope you find some wonderful way to reward yourself for your hard work.
The hubby's going to be out of town next weekend so I'm having a Girl's Night at my place. I'm gonna make some Hungry Girl appetizers and drink some MGD 64 and watch something sappy.

And I think you're on the right track with your current thinking. I figure that once you get to a healthy weight range the number becomes less important. At the point where you are, I think being healthy and active and feeling good in your skin WHILE being able to easily maintain it is very important!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifey View Post
WTG Rebound!!

I can't WAIT to hit ONEderland and have that overwhelming awesome feeling of accomplishment like you felt!

Thanks so much! You'll be there before you even realize it! And when you are, I hope you're as loud about it as I'm being!

Harps -- I suddenly realized that I've been doing this for 9 weeks already. It's the first time in a LONG time that I've even stayed on track this long. I lost about 40 pounds a few years ago, but since then I've just been climbing up and up. The few times I've tried to restart I've only lasted a week or two. This time I feel GOOD and I feel STRONG! I feel better now that I did back when I lost the first time
Old 08-07-2009, 01:53 PM   #14  
Slow and Steady

Height: 5' 9"

Rebound!!! Congrats! Fabulous work! Onederful Onederland! Woo Hoo!

And as for a morning workout, unfortunately, I'm at work at 6:30am. I just won't get up at 4:00am to fit my work out in. I actually enjoy going after work. It totally destresses me from my day, and I feel very peaceful once I get home.
AbbySinthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:02 PM   #15  
One step at a time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbySinthe View Post
Rebound!!! Congrats! Fabulous work! Onederful Onederland! Woo Hoo!

And as for a morning workout, unfortunately, I'm at work at 6:30am. I just won't get up at 4:00am to fit my work out in. I actually enjoy going after work. It totally destresses me from my day, and I feel very peaceful once I get home.
Oh, that does make it harder then I interpreted the "8:00 am" part of your post to mean that you started work at 8...

In that case, I'm extra impressed that you get to the gym so frequently after work. You go, girl!