Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:48 AM   #1  

Default Calling Buttah!!!

Just wondering if you put in your PFFS order yet! I plan on doing mine this week for next week, but I will be out of town most of the following week so I'm not sure if I'll start with 1 week or what.
Deana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:32 PM   #2  

I haven't yet. I still have a couple more weeks of Jenny food. I was thinking of ordering for Thursday delivery anyway. Just found out that I'll be getting mine from SF, CA - and I'm in LA. I really like that.

So what do you think?
buttah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:26 PM   #3  

I think I will try PFFS for a week (next week this is my last week of DTG), but I tell you as I sit here eating this Roasted Half Chicken and Cauliflower Puree I just hope PFFS can live up, especially since I know all my favs on DTG now. If I don't like PFFS I will go back to DTG but do only 5 days a week instead. The food is just SO good and I did lose another 2 pounds last week so we'll see.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:42 PM   #4  

Buttah - Update, I won't be starting PFFS next week. DTG messed up my order this week and I had FIVE missing meals (which is almost half). So they gave me a credit and I am using it to get 5-days of the dinner/lunch low carb next week. So I guess I will finish out a complete 5-week cycle after all, then it kind of works out b/c I will be out of town the following week so I wasn't going to order anything and then start PFFS the week after. So we may be starting together.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:50 AM   #5  

That's perfect! I think they deliver to me Thursday or Friday, so two weeks from this Thursday or Friday.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:03 AM   #6  

Did you custom choose your menu? Which plan did you get?
Old 08-05-2009, 07:34 PM   #7  

I have not ordered yet. I'm planning on ordering next week. And yes, I will custom choose. Most likely a week (they said order 3 weeks, and you can cancel if you're not happy).

BTW, I love that I have my own thread!
Old 08-06-2009, 07:46 AM   #8  

Hmm well I may do the three weeks and cancel if I need to,not sure yet. I am going to do the A La Cart so I can get the lunch/dinners only...although I have been thinking of doing the dinner only and using the new Healthy Choice Natural meals (the four I have tried are SOOOOOOO good) for my lunches...

Haha you are funny about having your own thread. Atleast it got your attention lol
Old 08-06-2009, 11:58 AM   #9  

ARgh. Jenny is too friggin' slow - just a little over 1 lb my second week??? Are you kidding me??? If I had more room in my freezer, I'd order PFFS right now. I have 5 weeks until a big family event, even though I plan to keep going afterward, I want to maximize (or minimize) my loss before that date.

Which of these delivery services (DTG low carb, BistroMD or PFFS) will jump start me the best?
Old 08-06-2009, 01:04 PM   #10  

Well, the positive thing is that the scale is moving in the right direction, b/c on the flip side if you would have gained a pound you would be It's hard sometimes b/c we have these goals and when we don't meet them it's like But we should try not to be so hard on ourselves and celebrate ALL of our accomplisments, and any weightloss is an accomplishment so I say YEA!!!!!!!!!

I don't know how to answer your second question because I think that anyone's weightloss on any program is based on SOOOOOOO many things. I really believe at the end of the day, though, that it all boils down to calories in and calories out. Even the people that say they aren't losing weight, well....if you aren't creating enough of a deficit then it doesn't matter if you are eating 1,200 calories or 1,600, you just aren't going to lose weight. Then what about exercise? Are you really following the plan or eating out here and there? Are you eating too little (i.e. you don't like certain things so you through them out and now instead of 1100 calories, you are eating 800)? I think maybe you should start out with PFFS since that seems to have worked for most people (according to the messages on here). And if you aren't now, I think you should try to add some daily activity into your routine on most days of the week. That should give you a good start.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:31 PM   #11  

Activity every day, and every day more than the last. And not eating out at all! If anything, I may be having fewer calories, because I don't always have the unlimited or limited optional stuff. And I throw away packets of bbq sauce, hot sauce, etc, so I may be losing a bit of fat I'm supposed to have.

I think switching to PFFS will help me, because it doesn't rely on the processed stuff. Going to order it for next week (but I think it comes on Thursday or Friday).
Old 08-07-2009, 08:17 AM   #12  

I have to check and see when they normally ship out so I know when to order mine. I had a VERY hearty breakfast this morning eggs, sausage, corned beef hash and french toast :-) I realized I hadn't eaten out in like a month! So it was definitely a change, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Not really used to having such a big breakfast. Anyway, PFFS here we come :-)
Old 08-07-2009, 08:18 AM   #13  

By the way activity is good! Some people think just b/c they can lose weight without working out that they don't need to but the key to keeping the weight off in the future is being consistently active whether it's 3, 5 or 6 days a week.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:25 AM   #14  

So weird. I was all ready to order, positive in my mind some one on the phone at PFFS told me food to LA, CA ships from Sacramento... lo and behold the soonest delivery I could get is NEXT thursday, and it ships from Iowa.

Who the heck was I talking to that ships from Sacramento? Stay tuned....

ETA: I guess I'm getting senile. Maybe from starvation. It's DTG that ships from SF. But neither can be here until Wed or Thursday of next week.

When are you switching, Deanna?

Last edited by buttah; 08-11-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:54 PM   #15  

I get my last shipment of DTG today. I've been very lucky b/c they are based out of Lorton, VA so when they ship my stuff I get it the next day. With DTG I even have the option of having never frozen foods with twice weekly delivery. I just completed week 5, and I did not like ALOT of the food this week. The menu for this week looks better.

I'm still concerned about the calorie levels in DTG, also am not liking the small veggie portions. The only veggies they seem to give you alot of is string beans. I have been busting my a$$ in the gym and the weight is not coming off as I would like and I am really thinking it is the calorie in the DTG meals. So I am going to order PFFS next to start the following week. But I think I may only do the dinner option since I have fallen hard for the new Healthy Choice frozen meals. So I can do that for lunch with a small side salad and then have PFFS for dinner and not tire of the PFFS meals quickly. I'm sorry about your order. Is this the last week of Jenny for you?