Old 08-04-2009, 03:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 288/seeticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default If I started then instead of now...

My scale has been irratating the HE!! out of me. It hasn't moved one ounce...even if I'm fully dressed, shoes and all. Stupid thing!
So I dug out my Wii Fit, which I hadn't used since I didn't know when, in order to use the scale function cause I was really curious as to what the Hey was up with my scale (the Wii BTW only showed 1/2 a pound difference so I am now convinced my scale is possessed). I get on the Wii Fit with my lil' Mii character and it tells me... "Oh, my you've gained 2.something pounds since you're last weight in" which was in April when I got the darn thing during my last failed attempt at weight loss. So instead of losing weight back in April I gained, about 15 pounds. Jump forward to now and I've been working out, eating better and losing weight, ever so slowly but losing none the less... and I am still heavier than the attempt in April. It just makes me want to kick myself in the a$$.
On the plus side, this is more of a NSV for me because instead of getting depressed over letting myself go and eatting everything in sight, then becoming more depressed, then eating and starting that cycle all over again, it didn't really phase me. I mean don't get me wrong, I still wish I had started sooner (I'm sure most of us do) but at least I started and have stuck to it this time.
I deleted that profile and moved on!
TaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:11 PM   #2  

Similiar thing happened to me a couple days ago. I got on my wii fit and learned that it was over a 140 days since I last used it and I weigh 3 more pounds. It really bummed me out. I've been trying for over a year to lose weight and I've stayed the same within 4 lbs. I can't figure out why I can't stay motivated. I'm tired of thinking about it.

At least you moved on from it. That's good. I do feel that I've learned a lot this year about myself and am making better choices and habits.
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good job! I know it's discouraging to be up, but just keep moving forward and you will get there.
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:08 PM   #4  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Just keep looking forward. The future you can change, the past is gone forever. I know what you mean. I look at some people's profiles and they've lost 100+lbs since June last year and it's like last year what was I doing? Why didn't I just do what I needed to do? But that's a futile way of thinking. Let what you didn't do in the past motivate you to stay on plan this time; so that in another few months you're not feeling this way again.

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 08-05-2009 at 04:08 PM.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:35 AM   #5  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by toastedsmoke View Post
Let what you didn't do in the past motivate you to stay on plan this time; so that in another few months you're not feeling this way again.
Exactly... time goes on no matter what. If you start now you'll be able to look back in that year and thank yourself. Pointless to look backward.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:52 AM   #6  
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

So many of us have gone through this same thing. We just can't let it happen again!! I am like 6 pounds from the low weight from my last failed attempt and I can't wait to get back there; I have been beating myself up for almost 2 years for gaining the weight back.

But hey, at least we're here and well on the way! Don't give up so that you never have to look back at today and wish you had kept on track.
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:29 AM   #7  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

At least this made you more determined

Everyone probably wishes something was done differently in the past but look at it this way....stick to it this time, get determined and committed and this time next year you'll be where you want to be! There is nothing you can do to change the past but you do hold the power to change your future.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:39 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 172/163/105

Height: 5'1''

Keep in mind dearies that perhaps that new weight is from MUSCLE from working out, and not necessarily new fat. Chin up and keep going!
normalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:56 PM   #9  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

Oh we can be our own worst enemies. I have foiled many attempts to lose/re-lose with beating myself up. Even simple attempts at workouts... riding a bike, for example, I would angst over all the miles I used to be able to ride, how discouraging it was that a block would send me huffing and puffing now. So on and so forth, so many times. It was so much wasted energy. We have no control over changing those things we regret, but we can change where we are 4 months, or 4 years from now.

I think it's wonderful that you are here, and that you are not giving up. That is a very positive thing. It's entirely too easy to get lost in the funk and lose sight of the bigger picture.
Somni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:33 PM   #10  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

I gained all this weight in a six-month period in 2003. I wish I hadn't. Then I didn't do anything legitimately to lose it until August 2008. I've lost 120 lbs in one year. Wish I'd started sooner. But hey, I feel like The Universe has a plan for me, and launched me in this direction when the stars aligned and it was the right time, so I'd do it, I'd succeed, and my life would move forward according to plan.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:55 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

You know, some days I get stuck on the "what if I started..." kick and I just have to let it go. My birthday is this coming Wednesday and I was just thinking yesterday that on my birthday last year, I told myself I was going to have the weight off by this year. Well, I am still a ways from goal, I didn't get serious last August, it was mid-February before I had enough. What if I had started when I said I was going to...I might be at goal by now....BUT-I weighted 252 last year on my birthday. I found some photos of me two days before my birthday and I am shocked at how big I was. Instead of "what if...", I am now look at "look how far I've come." Can you imagine what you will say next year this time...after a year of staying on plan, working hard. I plan on think, "wow, I've kicked butt this past year, good thing I started when I did!"
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote