Old 07-29-2009, 12:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/136

Height: 5'2"

Default Biking Activity Points Question

First off, I have been doing WW since April 08 and have lost 77.8 lbs so far. Thrilled to death!

For my activity I ride my stationary bike normally, but since the weather has been so amazing we picked up a used bike trailer and I have been taking the kids biking in the morning. We go for about an hour at a moderate pace. If I put that into the activity tracker it gives me 3 points. My question is...I am pulling 60 lbs worth of kids in the trailer...would that increase my activity points at all? I don't know if it matters a whole lot, but I am just curious. I know your weight plays into the calculation of how many points you earn, so I just thought maybe pulling the extra weight would too?? Any thoughts?
loriehohlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:39 PM   #2  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

I have no idea how much more, but it definately makes an impact if you are hauling a load....
mescelestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 193/170/140

Height: 5'5"

I would think that I would still just use your activity points calculator and base it on the time spent on activity and the intensity. I am not sure how much difference pulling 60 lbs will make if you are still at a low or moderate activity level. If anything pulling the weight may up your intensity which would gain you extra points.
Sheena41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 162.6/155.4/145

I would think that it would make a difference just like a person weighing 150 lbs earns less activity points than a person weighing 200 lbs doing the same activity for the same amount of time because it is harder to carry and move that extra weight. If it was me when you are pulling 60lbs maybe add one more activity point to your total than if it was just you biking. Good luck!
Saffytaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:21 PM   #5  
Lola

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

if it were me, i would try to be honest with myself about my intensity level. if you feel that biking while pulling the kids is high intensity, then calculate it that way and get your extra points. for example, if i went for a hike in the woods it might be low intensity. but if i was hiking with a 30lb pack on my back, it might be moderate intensity. i wouldn't add the extra lbs to my weight in the calculation.
Princess0113 is offline   Reply With Quote