Old 08-03-2009, 11:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270.6/161.0/150

Height: 5'8"

Default August NSV's

I have been married nearly 16 years (this Friday is my and hubby's wedding anniversary) so this NSV couldn't really have been timed any better.

The bulk (no pun intended ) of my weight gain has been in the last 13 years and one of the major crushing moments in my journey happened about 8 years ago. The largest diamond in my engagement ring fell out (it was actually lost and then found on the backseat of our car under our son's car seat... amazing story really...) Anyway...

When we took the ring into be repaired, I could NOT get my rings off. No way. No how! They had to cut them off so they could be fixed and then resize them so I could get them back on. It was humiliating! I was mortified! Outgrowing clothes somehow was okay. I'd had three babies already...my body changed...whatever. But to have gained so much a jeweler had to cut my rings off was devastating. Ugh...

Today, I was shaking my hand (goofing around with the kids) and my rings flew off my finger! Wha' the? Yup, put them on and flitzed my hand again, they fly right off! Wow!

I know I have lost weight. I've seen the scale moving and I have had to buy new pants as mine kept falling off but...the rings!? This is huge for me!

With our anniversary around the corner, this was such great news today. It is especially appreciated right now as it is TOM and the scale has not moved all week so this is a wonderful reminder of how far I have already come.

Thanks for listening to my long saga...

Now tell me, what is your NSV this month?
momof5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:30 PM   #2  

GREAT DAY took my granddaughter to lunch and didn't eat a single one of her french fries or have a bite of her left over grilled cheese - plus came home and tried on a pair of pants I couldn't zip a month ago and they now close!!
waquilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:49 PM   #3  

Old 08-04-2009, 02:07 AM   #4  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

I just went running at a time of day when other people were up and would see me. Normally I would run reaallllllly early in the morning so as to minimise the risk of being seen in my jogging gear!
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:55 AM   #5  

Height: 5'11"

Great thread! momof5k, go get those rings fixed so you don't lose them when you're out running!

My scales are standing still at the moment so it's good to think about NSV's. As of last week, I've been wearing size 14 pants to work. My 16's were just looking so baggy and loose, but for several weeks the 14's felt too snug. Well, I'm wearing them now. And yesterday when I was in the ladies' room, I caught a glimpse of myself in the bathroom mirror as I turned sideways to get a paper towel and....just for a moment, I looked SLIM. So for the rest of the day, I kept turning sideways to look at myself whenever I went into the ladies' room! LOL. Finally, after 40 pounds, I can start to see a real difference. I can't imagine how I'm going to look after another 25!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:35 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windchime View Post
Great thread! momof5k, go get those rings fixed so you don't lose them when you're out running!

Finally, after 40 pounds, I can start to see a real difference. I can't imagine how I'm going to look after another 25!
Luckily I run in my basement so if they fall off they won't go far

Congrats on seeing the difference! Feels great doesn't it? Another 25 you may not recognize yourself
Old 08-04-2009, 10:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 275/245/140

Height: 63inches

My non scale victory for August is that I turn 50 soon and feel much better and am in a good place mentally and physically. I am actually looking forward to this birthday!
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:52 PM   #8  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

I actually have energy now! I went on a cleaning spree in my kitchen yesterday, something I usually try to avoid like the plague.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:32 AM   #9  
beautiful on the inside:P

S/C/G: 119 (262) /107 (235) /60 (132)

Height: 5'6''

i really really really wanted to eat a big bowl of pasta today, BUT I pulled back from the brink and had a turkey burger sandwich instead
kasmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:12 PM   #10  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Today one of my coworkers looked at me and said, "So have you reached your goal weight?"

When I stopped laughing I said, "According to my doctor I have about 50 pounds left to go." She was shocked because she said she looked at me from the back earlier and I looked so slim. I'm currently in a size 12, which is great, but ideally I'll get down to a 4-6. Still, it was a nice little boost, especially since the scale is stuck again.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:22 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 288/seeticker/140

Height: 5'4"

DH and I took our kiddos to the park a few days ago. Normally this involves me and DH sitting on the bench watching them play. This time though I was up playing with them! I swung with my baby girl, I helped my son with the monkey bars, pushed him on the swing. I have to admit I set down for a couple minutes (it was HOT out there, which is weird for here) but the rest of the time I was go-go-go.
I haven't lost a ton of weight but the difference I felt being able to be up and keep up, more or less, with them is huge!
TaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:34 AM   #12  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I woke up today and didn't lose and still want to be on plan.

Last edited by lottie63; 08-06-2009 at 11:35 AM.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:11 AM   #13  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

My birthstone ring is notably looser on my finger for the first time *ever* (I've had it for about 5 years and it used to be a little too tight for comfort). It's in no danger of falling off yet, but when it is I'll probably put it away and have it resized later.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:29 AM   #14  

The ring resizing thing has me a bit stumped. Do I resize them now...only to maybe have to resize again? That seems a bit wasteful.

I ALWAYS were my wedding/ engagement/anniversary rings and would feel rather naked without them so I don't know if I could just put them away until I am closer to goal but I sure don't want to lose them. Dilemma dilemma.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:18 AM   #15  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

you could get a sizer, which is temporary, it's just a little band that fits inside the ring, until you are at goal, because the more often you re-size a ring, the more likely it is to loosen the stones and they will fall out, you don't want to be resizing a lot.

Last edited by lottie63; 08-07-2009 at 09:18 AM.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote