Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-04-2009, 03:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 219/219/150

Height: 5'2

Default Sweat, do you think that you sweat a lot more

Because of being over weight?
I always sweat like a pig and I would hope that it would lose weight but nope I just seem to sweat more the bigger I get.
I also hate the heat cause I find it hard to breathe.
Duchesssammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:36 AM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

I used to sweat horribly when I was overweight. Not so much anymore. The heat no longer bothers me, but the cold does now. Hang in there! You can do this and you should see an improvement as you trim down.
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:30 AM   #3  
Persevere! You can!

S/C/G: 234/178/134

Height: 5'5"

I'm not a bad sweater, but I do hate hot weather I think because of my size. I do love cold weather though, and can't wait until I stop being affected by heat and am instead affected by cold!
georgiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:20 AM   #4  
Slow and Steady

Height: 5' 9"

I've always sweat. When I leave the gym I look like someone dunked me in a bucket of water. The back of my neck sweats and my hair gets soaked. Ugh. But I'm fine with it because then I know I'm working my butt off.

I think it's in my genes because both my sisters sweat a lot and combined their weight is probably equal to mine ! I can say, though, after losing 15 lbs, I definite find I'm running a little cooler than I did before. I don't sweat as much in my sleep and now when my husband says he's warm, I'm usually pretty comfortable.

Last edited by AbbySinthe; 08-04-2009 at 07:24 AM. Reason: to ramble on a little more
AbbySinthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:18 AM   #5  
Trying Again

Height: 5'5"

I sweat pretty bad during a workout or when I'm really on the go at work. I don't mind so much at the gym even though it is a bit excessive. I get pretty embarrassed when I start sweating that bad at work though. I'm a direct care worker and I take care of disabled adults in a group home. When I start lifting wheelchair patients, doing showers, changing briefs, etc, sweat just drips from my forehead.
kisskisskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:20 AM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I'm still overweight and I've never not been overweight but I think I did used to sweat a lot more than I do now.

My husband (who weighs 140) hardly sweats at all.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

I don't sweat very much. My sister (size 2) and a couple of my friends (both size 6-8ish) sweat profusely. Size might play some role but a lot of it is just genetics, some people sweat more. Also, I love the heat but hate the cold (I can't help noticing none of you who hate the heat live in the south. Perhaps it's in what you're used to). I do hate humidity though. I can't wait to get enough money to move to Az!
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:31 AM   #8  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

A lot of it IS genetic! I have a tiny friend who sweats like CRAZY when she is being active. We horse show together and when I am little bit sweaty, she is soaking through layers and layers of clothing.

I find that as I get fit I think I actually sweat MORE when I work out, but LESS when I'm just living my life. Which I like! Sweating when I'm working out feels good -- it feels cleansing and refreshing. Sweating when I'm just trying to grocery shop or something makes me feel gross...
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:36 AM   #9  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Ugh I sweat a lot when I workout. I, um, also sweat when I've been doing a lot of work, like kisskisskill said. Hers is actual work, mine's lame. I used to work in a lab, and some of the equipment I used was in another lab so I would have to jog on over (time-sensitive reactions) and then run back and deal with 2 other things I was multitasking with, so I would get a mild sweat.

When I play tennis with my hubby, I am DRIPPING with sweat. Meanwhile, his skinny butt is dry with maybe a drop or two somewhere. Tennis is really grueling if you earnestly play for a good half hour at least or an hour. I find my muscles are sore after an hour.

I just got back into dancing for a half hour or hour during the day and that makes me sweat too. I show sweat earlier than most people. However, I did work with someone who was skinn-ay and she sweats a lot too, maybe a tad more than I did on a normal day. I think it's genetic, although if you are substantially overweight, that can play a factor.
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:27 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 215/199/180

Height: 5'8"

I used to think I naturally sweated a lot more than others. But now that I've lost a lot of weight, I definitely notice that I don't sweat as much as I used to. Having said that, when I go running, I sweat a ton (probably same as before). But day to day in normal life, I definitely notice heat doesn't bother me as much anymore (and in fact noticed I get cold in my airconditioned office, which I never did before).
KDuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:57 AM   #11  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I don't think that in my case sweating has (or I should say 'had') anything to do with weight. It creapt up on me, and I suspect it was more connected to perimenopause (or increasing age, if not directly perimenopause) than to anything else. I didn't notice it first, it took me a while to realize that even simple activities make me sweat. I was definitely older than 40.
I sweat horribly when I exercise but I got used to it. However, I do envy people who sweat more on their body as opposed in the face - that's the part that bugs me most. For example, on the P90X DVD's I watch the guys doing the exercises and their bodies are covered in sweat but their faces are dry. Moi, just the opposite. For example, this morning, sweat was just dripping off my face while the rest of my body was almost dry. Most of my sweat is generated around my hairline and I HATE it.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:00 PM   #12  
Workin' It

I sweat like crazy, no matter what size I am. I'm talking dripping off on the floor, running down my face, back and legs like rain sweat. I always have, my entire life. Even when doing simple things like drying my hair in the mornings.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I don't think I sweated any more when I was obese. I'm not too much of a sweater in general. My lower back gets wet when I run, but not the rest of me unless I exercise very hard or it's very hot. Sometimes I have to feel my lower back to see if I'm sweating.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:27 PM   #14  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I really believe it's genetic. I sweat now, I used to sweat...basically, I'm going to sweat a lot regardless. Gym clothes definitely get a LOT of abuse around here!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:35 PM   #15  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

I sweat A LOT when I was obese, I rarely break a sweat now, no matter how hard I work. Matter of fact, yesterday was the first true sweat I remember breaking in a very long time. I pushed mowed the entire yard in 95 degree heat. My husband even commented that it must be hot outside for me to be sweating. In the old days all I had to do is stand out in the sun and I would be dripping wet. The last year of my obesity I didn't even own a winter coat. I couldn't find one to fit, and I didn't need it anyway...even in the brutal Nebraska winter. I can't wait to buy a new cute winter coat this fall.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote