Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-03-2009, 10:58 PM   #1  
Start 8/5/12

S/C/G: 205/138/130

Height: 5'4

Default Thursday-Sunday was BAD.

I realllllllllllly went off plan these past 4 days. I'm not going to even relive the things that I ate. We went out a lot with friends and family and I did not make very good choices at all eating and I didn't exercise either.

BUT. Good news is, today was a new day, and I got right back on the horse. The husband and I went mountain biking, and then we disc golfed. Then I got my new 30 Day Shred DVD in the mail and I did that and MAN was that a workout!

Things are just SO different this time around. 2 years ago when I was trying to lose weight, if I had went off on a tangent like I just did these past 4 days, I would have never bounced back. I would have just said "Well, it's all ruined now. I guess I'll just live with being fat." But now, I don't have that same mindset. I can actually mess up, and not beat my self up over it. I just move on and keep working harder. And not giving up feels pretty good I'll have to say.
CandieRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:59 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Good for you on not giving up!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:22 PM   #3  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Great job! Don't let a few bad choices ruin all the success you've had so far! Keep it up! Proud of you!
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:24 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Yep - there's no one...NO ONE...that can go forever without a slip up (just check out the Maintainers forum...plenty of slipping!). But you will be successful because you understand this, and you know that you've just gotta get right back on plan. And you did!

mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: HW193/See Ticker/128

Height: 5'5"

CandieRae:

You are not the first and you won't be the last to stray some. The good thing is, you did the right thing by jumping right back in there and getting on with the show.

Fri-Sun was bad for me. I made all good choices eating, but I only did 30 day shred and nothing else. Tomorrow will mark day 13 on shred for me and my right knee is a little sore. Not the knee itself, but on the outside of the knee. I think it is all those jumping jacks and then the plank jumping jacks I just started on level 2. Maybe a ligament or something. I hope nothing serious. When I first started, for the first 3 days I could barely bend to sit in a chair or on the toilet, LOL. It does get easier, just like she says. And then crazy woman ramps it up to a new level, lol. Today I did shred, bike and treadmill and am moving forward. I haven't lost anything in the last few days but I haven't gained either.

You are doing great!!! Your mindset is spot on
Niecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:10 AM   #6  
Start 8/5/12

S/C/G: 205/138/130

Height: 5'4

Thanks ladies for all the encouragement! I was astonished that I didn't gain anything either. I think my metabolism was really bustin' it's butt tryin' to burn all that crap I ate! I'm excited to keep going and hit that 20 lb mark! I'm only like .8 of a lb away. =) So it would have been silly for me to give up now. I'm SO glad I have this site to come to and vent or share my weight loss struggles and achievements with all you wonderful ladies. You girls ARE the best!

And Niecy, I hope your knee gets better. Some of those moves would be so hard to do when you've got a knee bugging you! While I was doing The Shred, I was literally grunting, screaming, and cursing at Jillian , especially during the squat and punch. But it was a GREAT workout.
CandieRae is offline   Reply With Quote