Old 08-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #1  

Default Are roosters welcome?

Howdy. I'm Dave and I'm not a chick. =)

I have been on the MRC plan for 2 weeks now and have been lurking on the forum just about every day since I started. Now that I'm on the plan it seems like it's almost all my mind will focus on. Fortunately I've been able to stay pretty much on the plan every day and have lost more than I expected to date but they said I've lost a little bit of muscle mass so they want me to up my supplements to 5/day at least on the days I exercise.

I've had some basic questions about timing of the supplements and the pills they convinced me to buy in relation to eating. Before I started asking a bunch of questions I just wanted to say hello and that I've read through a lot of the posts and everyone here is really an inspiration to me. I hope to achieve the same level of success that I've seen so much of on the forum.

thanks
David in McKinney TX
supradave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Of course David you are welcome here!
As for the supplements when exercising I can tell you what I do....I have my alloted sups with meals
Breakfast within 1 hour of waking with HNS
Exercise
HNS sup within 1 hour of finishing exercise to feed my muscles and speed repair (this was recommended by my personal trainer-when I had one)
Lunch 4-5 hrs after Breakfast with HNS
Supper 4-5 hrs after Lunch
3-4 hrs after Supper will have HNS if hungry or if heavy exercise day

I hope this helps
jeweliek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/See ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Yes

Yes, roosters are welcome here! Although you'll probably make us all jealous with the fast manly weight loss. My husband always looses faster than I do...gotta love that muscle mass to help with weight loss!

Seriously, ask away and we'll all do our best to help you.

Good luck to you!
Succeed09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:40 PM   #4  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! I'll tell you what I do, Breakfast w/HNS, 5 hrs later lunch w/HNS, HNS mid-afternoon, and an HNS in the evening. So I do take 4 a day. Are you on the beige/green menu?
noahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:37 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by supradave View Post
Howdy. I'm Dave and I'm not a chick. =)

I have been on the MRC plan for 2 weeks now and have been lurking on the forum just about every day since I started. Now that I'm on the plan it seems like it's almost all my mind will focus on. Fortunately I've been able to stay pretty much on the plan every day and have lost more than I expected to date but they said I've lost a little bit of muscle mass so they want me to up my supplements to 5/day at least on the days I exercise.

I've had some basic questions about timing of the supplements and the pills they convinced me to buy in relation to eating. Before I started asking a bunch of questions I just wanted to say hello and that I've read through a lot of the posts and everyone here is really an inspiration to me. I hope to achieve the same level of success that I've seen so much of on the forum.

thanks
David in McKinney TX
Of course you are welcome here!!

I have one HNS with each meal. I add a creamy HNS after I exercise, usually in the morning. The creamy (either lemon pudding or vanilla pudding in root beer) satisfies me after exercising and then I am not hungry until lunch. I also take 2 MRC6 with each meal. If I forget, I wait until the next meal.

Ali
ali g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:04 PM   #6  

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I'm having a HNS with each meal as well as between lunch and dinner and now I'm being told to have one at night on the days I exercise. My main question was do you have to have the HNS before you eat and if so how far in advance? Same goes for the all day weight loss pills. I have those and it says to take them before the meal but doesn't say how long before the meal. Any idea?

I guess I'm on the beige plan? Metaslim plus 2 or something like that.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:45 AM   #7  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

I usually drink the HNS with my meal. I always take my pills about 30 minutes before I eat.
noahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:26 PM   #8  

Thanks for the info. Seems like I don't think about my pills until right before I eat (within 5 minutes probabaly). Do you know if that has any effect on the efficacy of the pills? I'm also taking the MRC6 stuff. Not sure if they're supposed to suppress appetite and need to be taken in advance to work although if anything I've had a hard time choking down all of the chicken and fish I've been eating. LOL
Old 08-04-2009, 04:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Dave,
I cannot take the All Day as I have hypo thyroid so I cannot help you there, but I take MRC-6 and take it before I prepare my meal....about 10 min. normally before I eat. Sometimes less than that and they told me that is perfect. I hope this helps
Jewelie
jeweliek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:19 PM   #10  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

Dave,
I was told to take the ADWL 30 minutes before each meal and to drink a HNS with each meal and that the meals should be consumed within an hour window. So sometimes for lunch I will drink a HNS then 30 minutes later eat my food.

As far as thinking about the plan all day long, I know, I have been there. I have been on the plan since the first to middle of May and those first 3-4 weeks the plan consumed me. Now I am so use to preparing the food it is now just a way of life and not all consuming. I did occassionally have a problem with going to long between meals and being away from home so now I always carry a couple of HNS in my purse (you can find something else to carry yours in) and if I am in a pinch I just make a little slit in it an suck on it. It is almost like having a treat.

Sounds like you are doing great!

Started MRC 5/9/09
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:38 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to the hen house!
I have to say that when I am working nights, I stagger my meals with hns and have to add in an extra mini meal due to the long hours I work with my drive time. Otherwise I would end up going 7 to 9 hours between meals! This is on the advice of the consultants. I wake up at 4:30 pm, have lunch, then drink a hns between 6-7 on the road. Eat dinner between 11pm and midnight. then have an hns between then and 4 am. Have a meal replacement bar or veggies and cheese sticks with a hns at 4 am, drink an hns on the way home between 7:30 and 8:30 am, breakfast at 9ish. Then bed for me! If I didn't I was so hungry, my hands would shake and I would have a headache. I only do this when I am working. Otherwise I drink my hns first of the day while preparing breakfast (pills with the hns or I get nausea), second with lunch, third before dinner and last one before bed. I take my pills w/i a few minutes of eating.
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:43 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Seems like I don't think about my pills until right before I eat (within 5 minutes probabaly). Do you know if that has any effect on the efficacy of the pills? I'm also taking the MRC6 stuff. Not sure if they're supposed to suppress appetite and need to be taken in advance to work although if anything I've had a hard time choking down all of the chicken and fish I've been eating. LOL
Welcome Dave...it's nice to have a rooster in our group of wonderful weight losing women. Keep asking the questions because that is how we learn from one another....everyone has great ideas here and I pick up something new everytime I visit.

Welcome to the club!!!
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:17 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 279.5/195.5/166

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:

Hey supradave and welcome to MRC.

MRC6 is what MRC bills as their 'liposuction in a bottle' and it is to assist with inch loss.

I have been all over the place with the timing of the supplements to the point where I forget to take them all until the evening when I see my full pill divider.

I think that the HNS and protein timing was more important for me keeping me satiated and hunger at bay rather than the handful of pills, but of course your mileage may vary!
msim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:02 PM   #14  

Yeah, I'm wondering if the pills are really needed or if they're more of a snake oil kind of thing. However, I'm almost at the end of my 3rd week and I'm down 15 lbs so far so I'm almost hesitant to change anything just yet.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

David
Old 08-07-2009, 09:56 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 0/62/67

Quote:
Yeah, I'm wondering if the pills are really needed or if they're more of a snake oil kind of thing. However, I'm almost at the end of my 3rd week and I'm down 15 lbs so far so I'm almost hesitant to change anything just yet.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

David
I can completely understand not wanting to change anything when you're doing such a great job. I've been sticking with only the "clear" supplements and am a tad afraid of adding in any creamy ones.
E4FEwife is offline   Reply With Quote