Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 11:20 AM   #1  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Smile Positive Uplifting Notification: One Positive Thing About Me Today Is......Part Four

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GOOD AFTERNOON DARLIN' SWEET TATERS'S,
I AM HAPPY TO GIVE BIRTH TO THE NEW PART THREE OF THE ONE POSITIVE THING ABOUT ME TODAY IS.....WE ALL KNEW THAT PART TWO WAS REACHING IT'S END, BUT ENDS CREATE NEW BEGINNINGS AND SO PART THREE IS BORN!!!!!!

LET'S GET THE PARTY STARTEDWE WILL NOT MISS A STEP AS ALL THE POSITIVE'S CONTINUE.

FOR ANY NEWCOMER'S TO THIS THREAD, LET ME TAKE THIS TIME TO LET YOU KNOW JUST WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT. I THOUGHT THIS MIGHT BE A REALLY COOL WAY TO BUILD OUR SELF ESTEEM AND STAY POSITIVE ABOUT ALL OF THE STUFF IN OUR LIVES THAT MAY SLOW US DOWN IN AND ON THIS JOURNEY. THIS THREAD IS ALL POSITIVE, IT IS ABOUT ALL THE POSITIVE THINGS IN YOUR LIFE, WETHER IT IS BIG OR SMALL, ABOUT WEIGHT OR NOT, ANY THING POSITIVE COUNTS. WE ARE HERE TO SUPPORT YOU, ENCOURAGE YOU, INSPIRE YOU, AND TO HELP YOU TOOT YOUR OWN HORN. I ENCOURAGE YOU TO GO AND READ THE FIRST POSITIVE UPLIFTING NOTIFICATION AND THE SECOND JUST TO SEE HOW WE ROLL AND I WILL ASSURE YOU, ONCE YOU HAVE READ IT, YOU WILL FEEL UPLIFTED AND READY TO FIND ALL THE POSITIVES IN YOUR LIVES. THAT'S WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT, BEING UPLIFTED!!!!!!! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YA.

LOVE ,
AGS___:carrot
Old 07-27-2009, 11:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Hello all you lovely ladies !!

Yay !! Part 4 !!

Positive for the day... got back from our Anniversary weekend and pushed through doing a workout last night as soon as we got home. It wasn't easy... was feeling pretty sluggish but made it and felt amazing after !!

Have a great day !!

Leslie
Old 07-27-2009, 11:59 AM   #3  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

My positive for today is that I had realized we had reached 500 posts already, head is still a blurr but hot dang it is done, PART FOUR IS UP AND RUNNING. Thank You Learn and Heather.

Now let's get started,
I see Leslie has found her way here already and is kicking off the show. DETERMINATION, that is what I a talking about. FANTASTIC!!!!!

Later babes, it is doctor day for me, talk t you when I get back. Many poitives tll then.
Hugs, love, and blessings commig at cha',
Ags
Old 07-27-2009, 01:10 PM   #4  

Just checking in on the new and improved, "POSITIVE PART FOUR."
Thank you Ags for getting it started.

Guardrails Up!

Later - Learn
Old 07-27-2009, 01:33 PM   #5  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Ooooo.. the new thread is SO sparkly! Add me to the pile.

Just finished my cardio - leaner than I was 30 min ago!

Off to shower and do the dreaded laundry.

Catch you later on, Divas!
Old 07-27-2009, 03:14 PM   #6  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

Oh my, a new thread!

Whenever I look at this thread (and especially the old one) I get the song "Reasons to be Cheerful, Part 3" stuck in my head. And then I want to get up and dance.

Annnnyyywayyyyy...

Leslie, that is DEDICATION! I have never been able to do anything except collapse in that situation!

Ags - hope the doctor visit helps - feel better!

Bingo - you made me go to the gym today! I was thisclose to doing just Wii Fit today but I read your post and I said okay, I have to.

My positive for the day - I weighed myself again because I was so in shock from yesterday's weigh in and it was 303 - it's legit! Also (TMI alert) my workouts/weight loss (and his) are definitely making the bedroom a much more enjoyable place! I can't wait til we're both back to the sizes we were when we started dating... although I won't ever be 17 again we can still get back to how it was
Old 07-27-2009, 03:38 PM   #7  
Samantha

S/C/G: 200/159/150

All last week I have to conduct a computer workshop and it kept be so very busy. Most morning I had to be at work by 7 am in order to get everything ready. I usually do my cardio in the morning, but because of the workshop I haven't had the time. To make matters worse, I had to buy "snacks" for everyone to lay out every morning (donuts, crackers & cheese, etc). I tried to be good with my eating and kept my calories under 1700/day, but I felt so out of control with my weight loss plans. I didn't weight the entire week. Well, this morning I got the nerve to get back on the scale, and WOW, I was down 2 pounds. So I've learned that "life happens" and we must roll with the bunches and not lose sight of our goals.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:17 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 405 / 298 / 150

Height: 5'4"

Yay, a new thread!! Thanks for starting it, Ags.

My positive is that I ate well and kept my blood sugar in control all day. And even though I had to work late today, I am still going to get my exercise in because I know I'll feel better if I do.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:47 AM   #9  

Good tuesday morning,
Well positive part four is upon us and did part three fill up fast or what!!!
Let's get to the personals.

LeslieB- How was your weekend. And how about you just jumping right back into that workout.

Ags- How was your doctors appointment. I sure hope it went well. Thank you for getting part four up and running for us.

Bingo- Leaner mean showering laundry machine, that's what you are.

nooch- You see that's what this thread is for, inspiration and Bingo gave it to you yesterday.

Samantha- Congratulations on the 2 pound lose. Awesome!!!

Maple- Your in the zone girlfriend. Keep on keepin' on.

Well now for me, my positive is I stayed right on the money with my eating. I got in the pool, but only to relax. Apparently I over did it when digging to plant my vegetable plants on saturday. I had a few roots to chop thru with the shovel and I guess my bad shoulders and neck took more of a beating then they should have. I am babying them because I have a beach wedding to shoot tonight and need to be able to lift that camera up for 1 - 2 hours. I can take something for it, but only when I get home because it makes me too sleepy to drive.
Well ladies thats it for me today. I did want to give a shout out to some of you that are M.I.A. Shia, nonabee, Sara, Bunny, LizzyG, Lady, Mainah, dgramie where the are you guys. We really miss you.

I hope everyone has a fantastic tuesday and remember...

Guardrails Up!!!

Later - Learn

Last edited by learningtoliveagain; 07-28-2009 at 05:56 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:18 AM   #10  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Still too early to come up with an interesting positive....did boot camp, ate a good breakfast....ah, that stuff is boring. Hopefully I will have an exciting day and will have fun and interesting positives to share....but for now....I'm breathing...I'd say that's a positive
Old 07-28-2009, 09:24 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 273/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

part 4 already

well ladies i have been MIA because i have been sick but my positive is that im over it finally!!!

samantha-congrats on your 2 lb loss

nooch-although maybe TMI-congrats-thats very important stuff!!

learn-sometimes you gotta take time to relax-brings you back to focus and restocks your energy-

leslie and bingo-great job workin out
Old 07-28-2009, 09:25 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

I really believe thinking about a “positive” every day has helped me. And knowing I have friends here – virtual or not – is a real comfort, so thank you all!

Bite -- you and Jacque posted while I was posting mine, so I didn't see your comments until just now. I'm glad you're better, and I love your picture. You are a cutie-pie. Jacque, your dedication is inspirational.

Learn – take care of your back. I know how hard it is to lug a camera around (although I love it!) when your back is hurting. And I wanted to let you know that your “shout outs” for the MIA’s is so kind. When I am gone and I see someone noticed, it really makes me feel included and special .

Ronnie – You mentioned your blood sugar, do you have diabetes or problems with your blood sugar? Sometimes when I haven’t eaten for a long time I get the feeling that I MUST EAT RIGHT NOW It is a physical thing, not mental, and I used to inhale the first food I came across (which tended to be fast food as I really felt weak .) But I’ve noticed that if I have a pack of raisins it evens me right out. I try not to get into that situation, but if I do the raisins fix it. Do you think that is low blood sugar?

Samantha WOW WOW --two unexpected pounds! You go girl! I have been away for a month, and haven’t tracked my food (nor have I exercised in a controlled setting) like I was doing back home. But I’ve just tried to use good judgment and have lost 7 pounds which amazes me. It’s giving me more confidence. I know that I can lose weight at my house in a controlled situation where I have a regular schedule and go to the gym every day. But I was (and still am) worried about this change in schedule (being away). You proved that “life happens” and it’s okay, good in fact. So – tell us about the computer workshop. What do you specialize in?

Nooch – I hear you singing clear across the country, LOL. A big WOO HOO on your legit weigh-in and for the bouncy in the bedroom (insert knowing smile here).

Bingo – I love your happy energy. Thank you. Where do you get your smilies, they are GREAT. That washing clothes one is super, and the bouncy balls one reminds me of Nooch, LOL. BTW, you asked me the other day whether I did my “to-do” list and I did do it., but only because I wrote that I would do it on this thread! (I love the sound of “did-do”, don’t you?)

Ags – please let us know what the doctor says. And make sure and follow his/her directions! Hugs.

Leslie – girl, you are determined and I need to follow your exercise example. What kind of workout do you do?

Looking – you are in my thoughts and prayers. Please report in when you get a chance.

My positive – yesterday I went to an “all-you-can-eat” buffet for lunch. It was after 2 p.m. and I was very hungry.

I took a large helping of green beans and salmon and a bite of other things to fill the plate. I only ate the food that tasted good and left the rest, so did not even eat one plate (and they were the small dinner plates, not the big ones). When I was done with one plate, I realized I was full. I did go to look at the dessert bar (I had to!), and nothing tempted me. I was amazed. I paid my bill and left.

Last edited by CJZee; 07-28-2009 at 09:29 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:55 AM   #13  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Hello chickies!

nooch: Not TMI for me - I am looking forward to that of which you speak I am glad I could inspire you! It makes me feel SO good because I have gotten so much inspiration from everyone on this thread. And, just so you know... I am leaner than I was 30 min ago.

Samantha: Way to roll with it girl - what a nice little surprise

Maple: SO hard to exercise when you are tired - you go girl!

learn: You totally rock at staying OP - rest up those shoulders - and a beach wedding sounds SO romantic. I hope you get a beautiful sunset!

Jacque: Breathing is a good thing. I would say that is definitely positive.

bite: Doesn't it feel awesome the first day you finally get your energy back? I look forward to that first day after I have been sick. It rocks!

CJ: WOW - such willpower! All you can eat - and you only ate what you could eat, and good food at that! You are kickin' butt and takin' names! As for the smilies, I kept trying to find certain smilies I used on a forum a few years ago.. I finally found the site I used. It is at the link below and all you need to do is click on the smilie you want and copy the code that pops up in the box below and put it in your post. If it is in a foreign language, there is a place to change the language in the upper right of the page:

http://www.cosgan.de/smilie.php

My positives so far: I am OP and rockin' it today. Might be taking the kids to the waterpark this afternoon if the weather holds up. Also, last night after doing laundry and shopping at Walmart, the kids badly wanted a happy meal at McDs (its in the walmart). It was dinner time, so I went to McDs with them. They of course had their happy meals. Guess what I had? Go on, guess.

NOTHING. That's right.. nothing. I was tempted, for sure, because I was starving. But instead, I went home after and fixed myself a GOOD meal on my plan. I didn't even get a diet soda. Every time I turn down something I would have eaten before, I get mentally stronger. My brain will soon be solid steel.

Catch you later, Divas!
Old 07-28-2009, 12:45 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 395/303/264

Height: 5'4

Good Morning Ladies!

It's been a busy week! We're onto part 4 woohoo!

Nooch- Good for you! That's waht I call a positive

Learnining- I also had to learn the hard way that I need to relax the muscles some days. Good luck tonight

CJ & Bingo- A Huge:cheer2 Look how strong you ladies are !

My positives toaday are..I lost 4lbs!! Goodbye to the 350's forever Well off to have my day...I'm going to walk to the bookstore, get my workouts in, go hang out at the beach for a while. I hope everyone has a great day
Old 07-28-2009, 01:10 PM   #15  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

CJZee Good job at the buffet!!!

Fungirl28 on the 4 lbs that are no longer with you!!!
Closed Thread