Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2002, 11:43 AM   #1  
a work in progress...

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#239

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
Old 11-11-2002, 12:43 PM   #2  
Progress..not perfection

Hey guys! I just wanted to stop in for a minute. I'm at work right now and we're kinda busy so I can't make a big long post. I just wanted to hop in here and tell you guys that things are still going good and I love and I am thankful for you all. I know today is Veteran's Day and we should be thankful for them....and I am. But I am also thankful for all my wonderful friends. I could not go through this "weight war" without you. You are the best......not only my cyber family, but my true friends. I love you.

Wish me luck at WI and pray that I'll not get too many stupid presents on my birthday tomorrow. My Mom has already made me a banana pudding.
Old 11-11-2002, 03:39 PM   #3  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

GRRRR! I tried to go to the Smilies and my post got devoured. I new I should have saved it first.

BAYLEE: That story brought me right out of lurk mode. GLITTER!!!! OMG Hope you come back from Mayo with a nice clean report. I'll be thinking about you. (((BAYLEE)))

OK, I think I'm coming out of my slump. For the first day in, I don't know how many, I'm still OP at 3:30 PM AND I'm still well within my point range and I'm journaling! I've gne shopping for lunches and juice, and yogurt for the week, to take to work tomorrow. I'm even considering obeying that little voice in my head that keeps saying "Get Thee To A Meeting". If I can keep myself psyched I'll go to the 5PM meeting in the village. This is a tough one cause I'll bet I've back slided about 20 - 25 lbs. Scarey thought huh? You gals have been the BEST FRIENDS keeping my spirits up and sending encouragemnt when I really need it. THANK YOU ALL.

TINA: Good luck at WI and remember tomorrow that no matter how dumb the gift it's given in love and friendship. Both very valuable commodities.
Old 11-11-2002, 03:52 PM   #4  

Hi everyone,

My trip to Europe was wonderful. Gained five pounds, but I hope to lose it soon. It's strange but my idea of europe was very different from the reality. Well Italy was exactly the same, but everywhere else was a learning experience. I ate cheese, bread, wine, pastries, and chocolate. Everything except the bread was delicious. Way above our standards. Don't know how I'll eat a waxy snicker's bar again. US candy bars made in europe were creamier too. My favorite was Brussels, Lucerne, and Saint-Paul in the south of france. My physical endurance was in top form. Thanks to exercising 9 mos. The weather held up throughout the trip, except for Paris . It was rainy and windy on the eiffel tower! I did get a beautiful view at night though. So I'm thankful for that. And I still got butterflies in my stomach seeing the eiffel tower for the first time and the Mona Lisa. My language skills got me through everywhere except France. All countries understood English, but in France. Yikes! Though very kind and helpful, people would find someone who did. The universal language of descriptions was fun. It was cold 40 degrees. For a hawaiian like me, the temp at home was 80 degrees. My face peeled, my hair lay limp from the heating.

It was a life experience. I loved every minute of it. When I returned home, I was totally happy to be home. To feel the warm air, clear sunny sky, and hear everyone speak english was heaven-sent. I wish I could have done this 20 years ago. It opened my eyes to what it means to be an american. The little luxuries we take for granted. The realization we're not at home in a totally foreign land, and not the be-all of existence. It was humbling, but wonderful too. I did many firsts on this trip. As I approach 40 years, before my trip I felt sad about many things not done. But I finally can say I've accomplished something and it feels great.

Happy to be back,
Malia
Old 11-11-2002, 03:53 PM   #5  

Well Happy Early Birthday TINA!!!

What do you have planned for tomorrow! I love Birthdays. Maybe your husband will take you to a nice restaurant where you can eat healthy and maybe a movie.

Have a great day!
Old 11-11-2002, 03:57 PM   #6  

Baylee great story really made me laugh. Tina good luck with your weigh in.
Had a really busy day at work today I just wish they would give me my extra hours already so i could start getting out on time. I imagine it will take a couple of more weeks for them to get it all settled. In the meantime I have told them I could use four extra hours to get some filing done, so they have agreed to let me work four extra hours one evening this week I picked the evening because it is much quieter around there in the evening. When I do get my extra hours I will go from 28 in 2 weeks to 52 in 2 weeks. Have a great evening everyone and take care.
Old 11-11-2002, 03:57 PM   #7  
a work in progress...

WELCOME HOME, MALIA!!!

Your trip sounds wonderful...I hope to hear more about it soon. Five lbs is not bad at all for a trip of that magnitude and the fabulous foods that you must have eaten...good for you!

Anyway, so glad to have you back with us...don't be stranger! We missed you!
Old 11-11-2002, 07:01 PM   #8  

Malia WELCOME BACK....WE MISSED YOU. Happy to hear your trip was a success. Keep telling us all about it....how were the men????

Tina,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
(tomorrow) I will be thinking of you all day.

Kat, I would have LOVED to hear about your scum and how you conquered it.....

Oh, Baylee, that was just too good....I have been laughing over this for some time now. CAN YOU IMAGINE?????
Old 11-11-2002, 07:04 PM   #9  

I continue to be in a funk over this "dieting" thing.....The more I try the hungrier I get??????????????????
Old 11-11-2002, 07:05 PM   #10  
You and Me in 2003

Welcome back Malia
Happy Birthday Tina
Old 11-11-2002, 10:03 PM   #11  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody!

I'm done with my crazy weekend and figured I would stop by and say hi! We worked 12 hours Friday and then again on Saturday doing counts for the movie 8 Mile. In case you haven't seen the statistics on this movie it grossed 54.something million dollars this weekend! It was the second largest grossing R - rated movie of all time. Again for those of you who don't know it, it stars Eminem. He lives here locally. As a matter of fact, I drive by his old house all the time. The movie was also filmed here in the Detroit area. He (Eminem) actually showed up in his limo on Friday night and his brother and mother were there as well. Apparently, his little brother is and Eminem wannabe. Then on Saturday night, Eminem came to the theatre to actually see another movie. The manager said that he's there every couple of weeks. DH and I almost 11,500 people in the two days and the movie grossed over $87,000 at the theatre we were at. We were definitely busy campers!

WI (not Wisconsin) went better than expected. I was down 1/2#, instead of up this week. Hey, anything is better than nothing!

I got through reading the last thread and don't remember much of who said what so these responses will be pretty scattered.

2cute: Congrats on the garage sale success! How sweet to have it all gone AND doing the good deed as well.

Somebody asked about Glucosamine and Chondroitin. I have taken these supplements for several years. Very helpful. I will tell you however, that if you were to have surgery they would want you to go off of them for two weeks before the surgery. Apparently they act as blood thinners. 2cute had some bad experience with it, maybe she can tell you more. I do have a chart here somewhere about how much you should take and some general info on it. If you're (whoever you were) are interested, I'll try to find it for you.

How's the 'pecker hunt' going! You gals are UNBELIEVEABLE! You had me on the floor!

Malia: It's great to see you back! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful trip! 5#'s is nothing with all the indulging you did. Must have been the excercise that kept the weight at bay. More stories please.

Hey, is that guy out of the ditch yet, or did you capture him??? Possession is 9/10ths they say. He was on your property, after all.

Tina: Get those stats fixed. If you've lost 51.4 pounds then show 'em, honey. Be proud!!! That's wonderful. It doesn't matter where or when. They're GONE!!! * I can't wait to hear about the outfits your mother has in mind for your birthday. I'll be waiting. * I'm sorry Tina, but your story about the BIG and TASTY was so funny I shared with DH. Well, yesterday after 'doing the nasty', he turns to me and says, "I wonder if Whoppers has a special on?" Smart A$$!!! I guess that will teach me to share stories.

I do have to say that the Benefits of Sex went over well. DH is always telling me it will cure anything. Now he has proof!!!

J-Ann: I added your name to our loser's list.

Come on everyone else. Just post your total lost and I'll add 'em up. Here's an updated list. Hope I got everyone.

Sara: 87
Baylee: 27.1
Duckie/Tania: 33
Babette: 14
Tina: 51.4
Tontoy/Tonya: 8
Michelle: 21.5
J-Ann: 53.5
Katrina: 16
Mary: 50
Bobsgal/Steph: 25
Dollar: 72.6
Thinthinker: 37

We've lost 496.1 pounds!

I've gotta run. Crossing Jordan is on. See ya all later.
Old 11-12-2002, 12:48 AM   #12  
a work in progress...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TINA!

Love ya!
Old 11-12-2002, 06:17 AM   #13  
I'm on my way!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TINA!!

WELCOME BACK MALIA, WE MISSED YOU!

TTFN Michelle
Old 11-12-2002, 07:15 AM   #14  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TINA!!!

j-ann
Old 11-12-2002, 07:32 AM   #15  
You and Me in 2003

Happy Birthday Tina

My aunt and I are going o see my mother today. I go into work at 12:00 and work till 5. I like days like this. The library was closed yesterday for veteran's day. I went in and cleaned out the storage room to make up time I lost during BigMA's death.
A friend of mine came and helped for volunteer hours. We ordered pizza from Dominos It was wonderful.

Hope all of you are well. It is getting cooler here now. I have started my christmas shopping already. I bought a tree to go in my yard yesterday and some window clings. I'd love to get some more lighted stuff to go in my yard.
I need to buy cards to send too. (To all my chickies)

Well I better go grab a shower and eat a bite.
see all of you later
Closed Thread