Old 08-02-2009, 01:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 186.5/181/150

Height: 5'6

Unhappy Very Frustrated

I started the program with preconditioning on June 29. Since then I have only lost 3 pounds. I have had about 5 meals off program in the last month, and by off program I mean for instance, I at lobster as my protein once, not that I went to an all you can eat buffet and loaded up. I have been WI twice a week and the counselors have gone over various reasons for my lack of loss. They have recommended the ADWL, MRC6, Cortitrim, liquid minerals, B6, B12, increasing fish oil, increasing water, and recently decreasing my water intake. The last time I went in they gave me a “slow losers” list, which goes over all the things that will slow or improve weight loss. I eat fish more than 5 times a week, eat cheese only 3 times a week, don’t drink caffeine, exercise 3 days a week, and usually drink 120+ ounces of water a day. And I don’t have a thyroid problem- already checked that too. I started on the meta quick plan on Friday in which I drink meal replacement drinks for breakfast and lunch and then follow my usual dinner plan. So far my scale doesn’t show a loss at all after 2 and a half days. At this point I am extremely disappointed. I was told I would experience a 3 pounds loss per week on average. I have cut my daily calorie intake by 2000 calories or more and still nothing is happening. I’ve spent a lot of money so far and have bought a lot of extras that they were sure would increase my weight loss. They say there is no way a person can be on their program and not lose weight, but they don’t have any answers for me. Do People ever start out at a plateau before any real weight loss has occurred?
MRChopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 02:49 PM   #2  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

hi

i had a bit of a problem recently with a plateau. It is a good idea to mix up the the number of calories you have each day and also to up the ante on exercise. I've done that with some good results. I was listening to some advice from one girl who lost over a 100 pounds and she said -- when you are exercising you should push yourself harder. I used to walk on the treadmill but now I make an effort to jog and my pace has now speeded up and my weight has started to come down.
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/See ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRChopeful View Post
I started the program with preconditioning on June 29. Since then I have only lost 3 pounds. I have had about 5 meals off program in the last month, and by off program I mean for instance, I at lobster as my protein once, not that I went to an all you can eat buffet and loaded up. I have been WI twice a week and the counselors have gone over various reasons for my lack of loss. They have recommended the ADWL, MRC6, Cortitrim, liquid minerals, B6, B12, increasing fish oil, increasing water, and recently decreasing my water intake. The last time I went in they gave me a “slow losers” list, which goes over all the things that will slow or improve weight loss. I eat fish more than 5 times a week, eat cheese only 3 times a week, don’t drink caffeine, exercise 3 days a week, and usually drink 120+ ounces of water a day. And I don’t have a thyroid problem- already checked that too. I started on the meta quick plan on Friday in which I drink meal replacement drinks for breakfast and lunch and then follow my usual dinner plan. So far my scale doesn’t show a loss at all after 2 and a half days. At this point I am extremely disappointed. I was told I would experience a 3 pounds loss per week on average. I have cut my daily calorie intake by 2000 calories or more and still nothing is happening. I’ve spent a lot of money so far and have bought a lot of extras that they were sure would increase my weight loss. They say there is no way a person can be on their program and not lose weight, but they don’t have any answers for me. Do People ever start out at a plateau before any real weight loss has occurred?
I'm so sorry to hear your struggle and wish I had something specific to offer. Unfortunately, all I can do is encourage you to persevere. With the cut in calories, it sure seems your body will have to give it up soon! Maybe if you can get through this tough time at the beginning, the rest of your weight loss will be steady and consistent without further plateaus. Good luck! We're all routing for you!
Succeed09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

oh....that makes sticking with this soooo very difficult. Are they gaving you any other ideas that do not include more sups? Could you maybe journal what you have been eating here along with your exercise in case some of us may see something that you don't notice?

I really think that you are going to see big results! We all want to help you.
jeweliek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 203/160/133

Height: 5'8.5"

Do not give up! but do not expect any support for plateaus. I had the most horrendous day at MRC yesterday. I was furious all day for the blaming they did for my asking for help with being stuck (and I had lsot 2.5 lbs in one week) They are a corporation and they want to sell very expensive products as we all know. Just do the program steadily, you will get results but the less you tell them about your dilemmas and the more you network with other participants the better. After I did the Metaquick, I foudn out that many people actually gain using that. Of course, I was told I would lose 5 lbs in one week. Also I do not know anyone with substantial weight loss through MRC unless they were very obese when they began, who has averaged 5 lbs a week , not even 3 lbs. I have averaged about 2. But they will tell you that is your fault and criticize you. I cannot tell you how many times I have left both of my local clinics feeling terrible after what they said to me. And I am a psychotherapist so I am disgusted with such poor training in their consultants. But again, stay focused on yourself and your weight loss and do not let them discourage you. Hang in there.
truthteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:36 PM   #6  

truthteller....what center do you go to?
Old 08-05-2009, 03:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 186.5/181/150

Height: 5'6

After 4 days I lost 2 pounds on the metaquick - but drinking those shakes is not easy - they are disgusting! I had to buy the vanilla because they were out of the chocolate and the consistency of it was thick and honestly a bit mucousy and took me about an hour to convince myself to drink it all. I have gotten a lot of finger pointing at the center. They went through their "slow loser" list with me at least 3 times and finally said if it wasn't one of those issues then I wasn't being honest with them or myself about what I was eating. And they keep suggesting more and more supplemental pills - but if I haven't lost so far with all the pills they have suggested and I have bought then why would I buy more? Its just so disappointing. I'm hoping I'm getting all my plateaus in now and won't have to experience any more for the rest of my program.
MRChopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:41 PM   #8  

Metaquick was very hard for me. The drink are much better (at least to me) if you put them in the blender with some ice.....

Here are flavor options since you have to have an HNS too
Deamsicle - Vanilla Shake, Orange HNS
Pina Colada - Vanilla Shake, Pineapple Cocktail HNS and coconut extract
Peaches and Cream - Vanilla Shake, Peach Mango HNS
Purple Cow - Vanilla Shake, Grape HNS
Rootbeer Float - Vanilla Shake, rootbeer extract
Lemon Drop - Vanilla Shake, Lemon HNS
French Vanilla - Vanilla Shake, Cappucinno HNS
Kahlua and Cream - Vanilla Shake, Cappucinno HNS, Kahlua extract
Mounds - Chocolat shake, coconut extract
Almond Joy - Chocolate shake, coconut extract, almond extract
French Silk - Chocolate shake, Vanilla creme HNS
Orange Tootsie Pop - Chocolate shake, Orange HNS
Banana Split - Chocolate Shake, Strawberry Banana Jello HNS
Chocolate Berry Passion - Chocolate Shake, Wildberry Passion HNS
Chocolate Mint - Chocolate shake, Mint Extract
Mudslide - Chocolate shake, Cappuccino HNS, Kahlua extract
Chocolate Suicide - Chocolate Shake, Double Choc Pudding HNS
Chocolate Covered Cherries - Chocolate HNS, cherry extract

This list came from somewhere on this very site....not sure who to credit tho.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
After 4 days I lost 2 pounds on the metaquick - but drinking those shakes is not easy - they are disgusting! I had to buy the vanilla because they were out of the chocolate and the consistency of it was thick and honestly a bit mucousy and took me about an hour to convince myself to drink it all. I have gotten a lot of finger pointing at the center. They went through their "slow loser" list with me at least 3 times and finally said if it wasn't one of those issues then I wasn't being honest with them or myself about what I was eating. And they keep suggesting more and more supplemental pills - but if I haven't lost so far with all the pills they have suggested and I have bought then why would I buy more? Its just so disappointing. I'm hoping I'm getting all my plateaus in now and won't have to experience any more for the rest of my program.
MRChopeful,
Have you ever had your thyroid checked? If you have a thyroid issue, your body's metabolism is going to be very slow and no matter how little you eat, your weight may not budge much at all. Just a thought, if you're doing everything by the book and haven't lost much you may want to consider getting this checked. Good luck 2 you and hang in there!
Karen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
OOPS... just read this post... so Thyroid is not the issue, ok... I would request getting the manager/owner involved. There was another poster who had a problem a while back and was finally able to see some results once higher up got involved. Maybe that will help you too. Wish I could offer more help, maybe try no exercise and increase protein drinks to 4 a day?
Karen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:36 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 203/160/133

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
What center do you go to? I have used the Aurora and Highlands Ranch. I have had the same things done to me (search under truthteller or check my blog on this site "journey........" It is so devastating to not be supported and instead criticized by the centers. Hang in there . Keep going. All that matters is your weight loss. You are not the only one. This is a corporate position to sell more products. (which I guess you can get elsewhere for less money. I have not tried that yet.)
truthteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:15 PM   #12  

Height: 5'7"

Hey! I just wanted to add that first off, I HATE that they are alwasy trying to sell you crap and second JUST KEEP WITH IT! IT DOES WORK! I have noticed that if I do MRC with no excersise I lose 2 lbs/week, but if I work out 3 days/week I lose 5 lbs/week. The key is not going off program. And that is HARD! I know I mess up alot LOL and the scale reflects it! Hang in there! You will see results! Can you try weights a few days a week?
summersbluepits is offline   Reply With Quote