Old 07-31-2009, 09:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Worldlies in Awesomely Actively Agile August.

If you need to check the old thread click the link http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...nt-july-7.html If not, don't click.

So here we are, actively involved and it is August. Get with the program girls.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:21 PM   #2  

Back later with the latest news - which is more or less no news at all.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:09 AM   #3  

Okay - whats up - well I finally got my internet back on the computer. Had to use DS2's laptop this morning. I installed the IE updates and low and behold my computer could get mail, but not internet. Thank you Robbie for your help. It seems that IE8 has a bug or two and I should not re install it for another 6 months or so that they can remove the bugs.

I'm off to tile in the loo in a couple of minutes if I ever get my measurements right. Time to get that back on track again. I have been procrastinating again.

Catch you all later. Enjoy August
Old 08-01-2009, 01:34 AM   #4  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad View Post
I'm off to tile in the loo in a couple of minutes if I ever get my measurements right. Time to get that back on track again. I have been procrastinating again.
Ok, so... Shad my friend, what's your hip and bust size have to do with tiling the loo?

You can't slap me if you can't catch me and you can't catch me because I'm being more active in August.

Too much activity makes me sleepy so I'll catch you in the morning. Thanks for setting up the new thread.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:42 AM   #5  

It's not the hip and bust, more like the waist! As for getting my measurements right, it took three shots this morning to measure the wall and get the level start point. I wouldn't slap you, but I probably could catch you - I'm trying activity as well.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:14 AM   #6  
Choose your hard

I'm off to the farmer's market this morning - trying a new one downtown. Had to get up at 7 on a Saturday morning. This one better be good

Catch up with you later ladies.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning ladies
I'm getting ready to go to my uncles in Paragould this morning. I need to leave at 10.30 a.m. Today is my mom's baby brother's birthday. According to my calculations he's 76, He's 10 years younger than my mother and she would have been 86 this month.

My main goal this month is to exercise more and no fried foods. Weight this morning is 193.6 in my pj's.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 06:08 PM   #8  

Uh I know what you mean Ceejay - exercise month coming up. I have been looking for another gym, but no one is particularly excited about having a sort of temporary member. The best I got offered was $230 for 3 months payable up front or $15 per visit.

Happy - I'm chasing to the Farmers markets. That maybe my exercise today. It is one long swim between here and there.

Mel - watch those eyes. You are not the only person I hear complaining about the rain this summer. It seems it is all over the States and Europe. I see there was flooding in Germany a couple of weeks back.

Annie, Michelle - enjoy the weekend. I know we don't get to hear from you much during the weekends and thats fine, you both need enjoyment after a week in the office.

Happy - I swear I put a DO NOT USE notice on the old thread. Maybe I forgot to save it. Thanks for doing it for this feeble minded old lady.

So today is dawning fine and warm again. I will spend a bit more time out in the garden digging and shifting and dumping the weeds and shavings from the hedge. I have some compost to spread as well and I picked up some California poppies and heliotrope yesterday to spread around the place as a bit of a ground cover once the compost is done. Time to fertilise again too or the lettuces will take forever to grow. I might also shift the Nodding Violets from under the tree and put them under the verandah. They did quite well there for a while but now look very sad and flowerless. Of course I will have to shift them again when I go away or they will never get watered.
And there is some more tiling to be done in the loo - following that, grouting (awful job that) and painting. Yes I know I should have painted BEFORE tiling, however the DS2 beat me to it and pulled out the old loo and I need to get the cistern of the new one in so I can flush without having to go fill up a bucket. We won't go any further with that one.
My finger and toe nails are in a terrible state, so some time tonight to deal with them as well. It's going to be a busy day.

So today is going to be busy. I should catch up with the family as well so I had better get going and do something.
Have a fun day.

Last edited by Shad; 08-01-2009 at 06:11 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:52 PM   #9  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

OHHH POOP...I POSTED ON THE OTHER THREAD THIS MORNING TO EVERYONE. SEEMS LIKE OUR WEEKEND IS ROLLING ALONG. SHAD...THANKS FOR THE NEW AUGUST HOME. HAPPY...THANKS FOR THE LINK. CEEJAY.....HAVE A GREAT TIME IN PARAGOULD.

TODAY WAS GREAT. CLEANED THE LIVING ROOM AND TRYING TO GET A BIT MORE ORGANIZED BY MOVING STUFF AROUND A BIT. I'LL SEE IF IT WORKS OUT BETTER THIS WAY. HAVE A GREAT NIGHT.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:28 PM   #10  

Ceejay - good goals for August. Enjoy your trip and the b-day lunch.

Happy - hope you picked up some good stuff at the farmers market. Our village has one by the train station each Sunday morning, but I usually miss it because I'm too busy chilling out with the newspaper and tea.

Shad - sounds like a busy day - a lot of home and garden. Both must be murder on the hands. Hope you can bring them back with some tlc. Thanks for starting the Aug. thread.

Mel - we had a lot of forecasts for isolated or scattered showers and gotten very little out of it for our are. The soil is parched, but somehow the weeds still survivie. Thankfully, so have my perennials and veggies.

I didn't do much of anything Friday evening - just relaxed in front of the tv. this morning I was done with the x-ray by 8:15 am, then I went to the gym for a class. I'd been looking at the Sunday schedule like a dufus, so the class options weren't spinning or step, but Kwando, which was just starting up when I arrived. I quickly put my stuff away and joined it. It's kickboxing. I tried to keep up as well as I could. Good sweaty workout, so August is off to a good start.

Not much else done - a couple loads of laundry, lunch, a nap (not a usual thing, but I had a headache), and I laid out and cut my pattern.

Bf just came home from watching part of a bike race in a neighboring burb. We'll get dinner going - grilled pork chops, salad and either rice or potatoes.

Enjoy the rest of your weekends!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 08:35 AM   #11  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Sunday Morning.....

Shad...you are right, I enjoy the outdoors so much, computer time is mostly non-existant. My puter at work moves one heck of a lot faster than my home one, so I like to post from work. Messed in my flower bed yesterday, thought of you! ;^) Thanks for starting to new thread, what would we do without you, my friend.

MEL...ooohh POOP....Yikes don't say that word around me....lol...however I am not moving as well as I would like, kind of stopped up, too much cheese, I think.

Laura...come to Indy and watch the band, we can dance our arses off and get plenty of exercise...

Ceejay...if you weigh naked, you and take the .6 off your weigh in. lol

Happy...get some yummy stuff from the market. I picked a zucchini, banana peppers and jalapenos this morning. Dang mators are still green, wish they would start turning, I am afraid I will have them all turn at once. May have to send them to all the Worldlies.

Chelle....wow, we are having a magnificent weekend also. It rained during the night, amen, the garden loved it. Now it is back to sunny and beautiful. I have opened all my windows and enjoying the weather. It is comfortable in here for me, might be warm for the normal person as I am ALWAYS on the cold side.

Need to jump in the shower, shave the leggies, and get out in it. Don't have a lot of yard work to do today but I am sure I can dream up something. I love to be out in it however like to be doing something. Maybe I will sit on the porch and give myself a pedi. Wore the bathing suit too long yesterday, think I may have the start of a yeast infection. D*MN it.

Going to make some pica before the shower so need to get started on that.

Have a wonderful worldlie day ladies.

Much love and many hugs,
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:06 AM   #12  
Happy September

HAPPY SUNDAY CHICKS OF THE WORLD
Old 08-02-2009, 09:23 AM   #13  
Happy September

LAURA~ NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL EXERCISING! WOW! I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO LEARN KICKBOXING! HOPE THE HEAD FEELS BETTER.

HAPPY~ HOW WAS THE MARKET!! WHAT KIND OF HOUR TO GET UP ON A WEEKEND IS THAT FOR A HARD WORKING GAL!??!? YOU'RE SO RIGHT IT HAD BETTER BE WORTH IT!

SHAD~ YOU WILL HAVE TO CATCH UP WITH ME. I THINK LAST MONTH I ONLY MISSED 4-5 DAYS OF EXERCISING. I SET A RECORD FOR MYSELF I SHOULD BE HALFWAY TO HAPPY'S BY NOW.....I'LL MEET YOU THERE. I'LL BE THE ONE IN THE LOUNGECHAIR

ANNIE~ DID I TELL YOU I THINK I SOLVED MY OH POP PROBLEM? I BOUGHT PHILLIPS CAPLETS. NOT THE ONE WITH THE SOFTENER...JUST THE PLAIN. I TAKE ONE EVERY NIGHT AND MAMA MIA!! SO FAR SO GOOD. BUT I STILL CANNOT EAT BREADS, PASTAS OR TOO MUCH CHEESE ETC.

IT'S RAINING FOR A CHANGE BUT WE HAVE THE GREENEST GRASS IN TOWN. WE ALSO HAVE WATER BUGS ON THE FIRST FLOOR TRYING TO GET IN OUT OF THE RAIN AND SIDEWALKS FULL OF DEAD WORMS. I HATE DRIVING OVER THEM. YUCK!
THOUGHT I WOULD SAY HELLO NOW. TOMORROW MIGHT BE BUSY. 2 WOMEN ON VACATION AND I ALSO NEED TO CALL OR MEET WITH MY FRIEND AND SET A DATE FOR THE OFFICE RUG INSTALLATION. THE RUG MAN IS LOOKING AT NIGHTS OR A WEEKEND. I WANT A WEEKEND. I'M GOING TO TELL HIM "I DON'T DO NIGHTS". SORRY PAL. I LOADED UP MY BASKET WITH WASH TOO SO I WANT TO GET AN EARLY START BEFORE ALL THE SENIOR'S HOMEMAKERS GET IN THE LAUNDRY ROOM.
HAVE A GREAT SUNDAY/MONDAY
Old 08-02-2009, 12:53 PM   #14  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies, hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Farmers Market was good, I think a bit better than the one I usually go to but it's all the way downtown and parking is a so I'm not sure it's worth going too often. There were several places selling meat - we stopped at one because we wanted the farm fresh eggs. They sold out early but we bought 2 steaks that turned out to be frightfully expensive. It's aged beef - do I really care - but these suckers better be the best steaks of my life! It was one of those things when you saw the price you were but too embarassed to say naw that's way too much. I was waiting for DH to protest but he didn't. He did say maybe we'll try to get there at 7am next time because he would like to check out those eggs. We got tomatoes, green beans, cucumbers are not looking good this season so far, green bell peppers and what kind of freak invented Praline Pecans??? OMG so good, probably sent my blood sugar through the roof. Lucky we only got one tiny bag of about 4 very small portions. We got home just in time, it was dark gray and swirly and the bad storms started about an hour after we got home. The rest of the day was kinda lazy so today is a frenzied catch up.

Mel good for you for sticking with the pedals last month I had no idea you were being such a good girl. Keep up the good work. Don't stress yourself out tomorrow trying to be everything to everyone. I'm saving your lounge chair by the pool but it's kind of soggy right now. Supposed to warm up so it will be hot, sticky and soggy.

Annie - I will happily accept your tomatoes. My plants would do the same thing - heavy with lots of green fruit in August. Come on, come ON. Leaves would start to shrivel up in Sept and I'd still have lots of green ones. I gave up trying, just get mine at the market now. Or bum off of friends Suck down some yogurt if the netherlands are acting up on you. It helps. Then put on some loose drawers and get outside

Laura - set an extra plate or two for dinner - you might be having some of us as pop in visitors sounds great. Kickboxing is such a great workout - much harder than step I think. Good for you for getting through the class. When I worked in downtown Chicago I loved the farmers market at the Daley Center. Seeing as how I cannot master moderation of any sort, I would buy far too much and have to drag about 30 pounds of produce the half mile back to my office on Michigan Ave and then haul it all back a mile to the train station at night. I learned not to buy watermelons, cantelope and potatoes - no matter HOW good they looked Did enjoy that tho.

Shad - sounds like you are in serious need of a spa day. But do it after working on the loo. I'm quite surprised that your garden grows with you being away as much as you have to be. However I suppose you have to pick the right flowers for drought conditions. I have a beautiful picture of poppies on my desktop - they are so pretty.

Ceejay - hope you had a good trip to the uncle's. Happy BD to him. Someone mentioned on another thread that Grace Slick of Jefferson Airplane is 70 years old. That is SOOOOO hard to believe. I guess we are all creeping to senior land...

I have to go get the toes done, take stock of what I've got in the refrigerator and use up as much as possible and still find someplace to spend the night in Hot Springs. I have started making my packing list. We have to bring in food so planning that too. There's what looks to be a nice botanical garden in Hot Springs I'd like to visit. DH is looking at getting himself a new camera and he so enjoys taking pictures so I think that will be a good place to go. Better a garden than a cave

to Patty and Michelle - don't spend all your time working on the computer Missy.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:10 PM   #15  

h come on Happy - gardens and caves are both good in different ways, and just remember that once you got inside that cave you were excited about what you saw. Caves appeal to my Neanderthal self.

Annie - don't send the tomatoes down here. Much as I like homegrown, even if they did arrive here, they would no longer be worth eating due to the chemicals the agriculture and primary industries would spray on them. I'll just have to grow my own I'm afraid.

Mel - I guess that is a challenge you have just sent out. I'm off for a work shortly to try to get back into exercising. I have to get some blood work done, so I may just walk down to the surgery and then come home via the bush track. It's a start.

So that gets my day off to a start, I can't eat or drink before it so I'd better get on with it - I have already delayed it until the form is nearly out of date. I'll be back at a later time to check up on whom I have missed.

I'd better get out of here before I change my mind. See ya

Last edited by Shad; 08-02-2009 at 05:11 PM.