Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Weekend Chat: Sat/Sun, 8/1-8/2

Mornin' All!

Happy weekend!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: see tickers

Height: 5'6"

I had a *very* late night last night, which is unusual for me. I went out with some friends, and chose the unsweetened ice tea. I was feeling pretty good about that until halfway through my second glass I remembered why I usually order decaf tea or coffee. The iced tea is rarely decaf. *Sigh* I have a higher sensitivity to caffeine than the average jill. So. . . I was up until 3:30ish.

Not sleeping well wreaks havoc on my attitude and my body. I'll try to be really careful today (I tend to make poor food choice when I'm tired).

Wish me luck.
BlueFruitMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:04 AM   #3  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Man, I've been SO lazy these past few day! I did my 30DS yesterday, and I took a long walk the day before, but that's been it. I've at least done SOMETHING everyday, but much less than I usually do. I've been eating pretty low (1300-1400) so I don't think I doing any damage, but still -- not a good precedent to set!

I've got to start getting active again. I wonder if this is residual exhaustion from my California trip... Or it's stress from a few upcoming job decisions that I'm going to have to make... Either way, it stinks!
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 12:47 PM   #4  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Hey Gals! So glad you are all here - I gotta sever case of the "I don't wannas" today!

I set myself a new exercise goal for August of 600 minutes. That works out to 30 minutes / 20 days of the month. Normally we walk for 45 minutes, so I hope this is doable. Now if I could just get my back to cooperate lately - it's been pretty sore since May when Cameron was born.

I'm sad that I didn't meet my OneDerland Goal for August 1st. I am 201.8 as of today but Monday is my normal weigh in day so I'm shooting for 201. That will be 9lbs in 6 weeks - I was hoping for more, but oh well. My Mom is a wonderful encourager and reminded me that 6 weeks of continuous effort was worth almost more than the pounds lost! Yay me anyhow...

The weather is just gorgeous here in Nebraska today. Normally we endure 100 degree heat waves for weeks at a time this time of year - but this year it has been very mild. Good for getting out and getting FIT!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:13 PM   #5  

MortonPixie I had back problems after Indy was born (6 now) and I waited *months* before getting any help. I was hoping it would just work itself out. I saw a chiropractor a few times, but couldn't afford to do it for long, and the improvements were not that significant. When I was pregnant with Xander (2 now), I sought out chiropractic care (different provider) for the duration of the pregnancy plus a few more months. It really helped me. There was a big improvement in range of motion and less chronic pain.

However, I was surprised to find that after some adjustments, I was pretty sore/developed a headache. When the soreness went away I felt *loads* better, but only for about three days. I do recommend it, *but* it was pricey because of my insurance situation, and feeling better was like a drug. I wanted to feel that fabulous as much as possible. Twice a week was ideal for me, but expensive. Anyways, the idea was thatI would go twice a week for quite awhile until I'd made enough improvements to be weaned down to once a week, then twice a month. If we could afford it, I would go.

I found there was quite a difference in results between the two chiropractors. If one wanted to seek chiropractic care, one might need to shop around/try them out.

At any rate. It might not be for you (YMMV), but it helped me.

Wow, this is getting long.

Um, I wanted to share that yesterday I took a "before" pic of me in a bathing suit. Not a favorite bathing suit, one of those emergency purchases so I could swim in the hotel pool. It's pretty painful for me to look at. You know, when I look in the mirror, and I'm dressed up to go out, I see myself and say, "Not bad." When I look at photos, I just cringe. Why would looking in the mirror be so different? Granted, I wanted the bathing suit shot because I've got nowhere to hide. But, jeez. I didn't know it would be quite so cringe-worthy! *sigh* I am glad I took it, though. I'm just not going to look at it for awhile.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/166/145

Height: 5'3"

*pokes head in* Hi ladies I posted an into on the intro board and now Im joining you on the 30 somethings board Im Danielle or Dani whichever... How do you make it through the weekend?? I find myself standing in front of the fridge staring into it wanting something. I look inside and say, ok whats the healthiest? Which has the fewest calories? And half the time I walk away, or I will grab a pickle or a slice of deli meat. I try not to buy junk but I have my weaknesses, how do you get past it? Will a lock work?? LOL Sometimes I feel thats what I need to keep me out of the fridge
danilykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:32 PM   #7  

I'm a bit OCD (keep reading). Before we go grocery shopping for the week, I write a meal plan. I have a computerized list of all the grocery staples (organized by aisle). I circle what we need to make meals, and write down any special ingredients needed between columns (next to the aisle number they can be found). DH does the shopping, or we do it together, and we only buy what is on the list (unless we forgot a staple, like his sandwich bread). We do not peruse, or browse, or dawdle. We could probably spend less money if we clipped coupons, but I find "great deals" persuade me to eat foods that are less nutrient packed. I figure we save time & money doing it our way. That's what I tell myself, anyway. I guess my point is, shopping this way eliminates having extra food around. We do have emergency supplies (dried beans) but when I have a craving, the thought of waiting until they are soaked and then cooking them for a few hours does not appeal to me. My quick snacks used to be toast, but since we only buy enough bread for Adam to eat sandwiches at work, if I eat the bread, I have to go grocery shopping again, and I don't want to.

I eat about every three hours, but keep it 250-300 cals, mostly. I confess, I do not have a food journal. We don't have cookies, crackers, potato chips, soda, juice, ice cream, chocolate milk, cocoa, pre-packaged desserts, dessert mixes, or candy (with the exception of baking chips) in the house. Occassionally we purchase a prohibited item (once every few months). We lovingly call flavored potato chips "crack chips".

I, too, find myself opening the fridge or cabinet looking for. . . something. Something that just isn't there. If I do it once, I shrug my shoulders. If I do it twice, I make a cup of unsweetened decaf tea or coffee.

I confess I am prone to eat when I am stressed, or lonely, or down, or bored (pick an emotion). I know this. I still want to do it, but I can choose not to (but I do need support to continue to make good choices). I have maintained my current weight/body fat percentage for at least two years. It's hard to tell beyond that because I was pregnant for much of the preceding three years (we have two living children, 6 & 2).

Anyways, what I really wanted to share is that I totally identify with going to the pantry/fridge frequently despite my best intentions, but I have found some ways to make it harder to get that quick fix, and at least a substitution (coffee) that is lower in calories.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:03 PM   #8  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

BlueFruitMomma - thank you so much for the insight and encouragement with the back issues. Our family doc is a DO so I do go to him intermitently for adjustments. Maybe it's time to write up a more agressive treatment plan and go on a regular basis.

danilykins - I used to be a terrible weekend eater as well. I think it helps me now that I have a home daycare so I work from home. I remember when I worked outside the home, weekends were a different routine so I found I did things differently and was maybe a little bored...dunno how that could be - but ya know. I am pretty regimented with my schedule like BlueFriut. I eat at 7, 10, 12, 3, 6, and 8 if I'm still hungry. Snacks are Fiber Bars, yogurt, string cheese, fruit, etc. If I eat like that every day I get into less trouble.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 05:38 PM   #9  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

Happy Satuday Everyone!

Yesterday was the day I usually take a break and do no exercise, I needed it this week, I was sore from my work-out video. Had a big family dinner last night and felt pretty good about how I ate, not overboard which is easy for me to do. Was happy when I weighed myself this morning and weighed the same as yesterday. We have huge forest fires here that the wind has been whipping up, the smoke if awful right now and the air quality advisory says "to avoid prolonged exertion" kinda puts a damper on the biking or running that I usually do. Hope for some rain, if anybody has some extra, send it up to Alaska! (I just checked the fire service website and over 2 million acres have burned so far this summer)

mortonpixie - good luck with your back, back pain really puts a damper on EVERYTHING and really can affect my mood. Hope the chiro helps.

BFM - good for you for taking a before pic! I recently saw some pics of myself from last weekend, it was depressing...and I had been feeling pretty good about myself I am trying to use it as extra motivation. when I think about having another...whatever...I try to remember how I looked in those photos. Hope it can serve as motivation for you as well!

Rebound - Awesome job on the trip!!!! vacations are always tough for me, you are a model of self-control
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:41 AM   #10  

Weekend going well so far. I'm getting more familiar with the forums here. I've got some exercise goals and it's going good so far.

I've been giving it some thought, and I don't think I want to take a day off of exercising. I did some reading, and I don't think I need to take the day off if I just do gentle/light exercise one day a week. Enough to get the blood moving, but not enough to "feel the burn".

I might change my mind once my period starts. . .

Anyways, things are okay right now.

MortonPixie, what kind of fiber bars? I switched from yogurt to cottage cheese plus a tablespoon of all fruit - it has more protein and seems to "stick" longer. I don't know if i'd switch to the fiber bar instead of my bean soups, but they are more portable. I have some challenges because the kids are gluten-free (Indy has Celiac's Disease). Adam has a bread box away from the kitchen, but everything else is gluten-free. I suppose I have an unfair edge for not having cookies and crackers around, because the GF versions are pricey.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:22 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 228/215/128

Height: 5'4

hello all, i haven't posted here before, but enjoy reading the post. So i struggled for a while and then got fabulous support from 3FC and love the website. doing well on the journey and enjoy all of the insight everyone has. So today my aunt from Cali is here and were having a picnic, so i'm thinking of making a veggie tray or something that is healthy i can munch on. If I can survive all day yesterday at my inlaws with donuts, little debbie cakes and long john silvers I think I can survive a picnic! (I did not eat 1donut or cake even though is was offered several times!!) have a good sunday!
owensmommy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 12:28 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

Happy Sunday!!

So, I've been pretty religious about keeping track of my calories on fitday, but i am returning to work in two weeks and I won't have time to track all that I eat on the computer. I am not trying to wean myself from the computer and just try to write down the calories. I hope that I can maintain this weight just doing this and keeping up with the running. I really fear not being able to find the time or the energy to keep this up. My goal was 130 lbs. and with running 4/5 times a week and keeping my calories at around 1500 I just maintain. I feel like I put so much effort and I should be losing, but I am trying to have a different attitude now. I am trying to be ok with the weight that I am right now.

When you spend soooo many years wanting to lose weight and not liking the way you look, it is a huge transition to just be happy with the body that you have and not strive to lose more weight. I am still working on this process.

Mortonpoxie - My friend who had a baby about 3 months ago still have back issues. She's seen improvements, but is also frustrated.

Dani - I do the same thing with the cupboard. The crackers and salty snacks scream my name at night. :wink:

Bluefruitmomma - I try to go shopping with my hubby and kids. It makes me move fast and think fast. I usually end up forgetting something importand like bread or milk, but I tend to spend less money and I don't buy things that I don't regularily eat.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote