Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What stops you from exercising? (choose all that apply)
I find it totally boring 9 29.03%
I have no motivation 15 48.39%
I'm just too busy 10 32.26%
Too tired before/after work 9 29.03%
Health problems 4 12.90%
Fear of looking stupid 0 0%
Lack of knowledge 0 0%
Weather (rain, sleet, wind or snow-hey, I not the Postman!) 2 6.45%
Other (like, nothing to wear and other lame excuses) 3 9.68%
But I DO exercise REGULARLY!!!! 5 16.13%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2002, 06:53 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 11/11-11/17

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=21808

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 11-11-2002, 06:57 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, there's two good ones to read

MOVE ON AHEAD

When the disappointments come, when you've been knocked down and tossed around, get back up and move on ahead. After all, you've paid a heavy price to get this far, so the best option is to really make it count by moving forward from where you are.

When everything has happily gone your way, and you're sitting on top of the world, get back up and move on ahead. Make your accomplishments truly count by putting them to positive, productive use.

Whatever comes your way, whether good or bad, whether joyous or disappointing, get back up and move on ahead. It is always the best response. Feeling sorry for yourself after a setback will only serve to extend and magnify the disappointment. Feeling smug and arrogant after a victory will drain the value out of what you have just accomplished.

Whatever has happened, don't spend too long looking backward. Look forward, step positively, confidently forward, and move on ahead.

-- Ralph Marston

CHANGE FOR THE BETTER

Even when it is not possible to change anything else for the better, you can always change yourself for the better. Even in the most desperate situations, when no other option is available, you always can decide upon your own attitude.

Just as it is entirely possible to be miserable in even the most pleasant surroundings, so too is it possible to be positive and effective in the most difficult circumstances. Always bear in mind that your attitude is whatever you decide it is going to be.

So why would you ever want to go through so much as a single moment with a negative, defeated attitude? There is simply nothing of value that it can accomplish.

On the other hand, when you choose a positive focus, even the setbacks and disappointments can end up working in your favor. For you will be open to the positive possibilities that do surely exist in those seemingly hopeless situations.

The hope is there, the way forward is there, when you make up your mind to see it and live it. When life is stubbornly negative, keep your attitude positive. When nothing else will change for the better, change your own thoughts for the better. And you'll soon see everything else following positively along.

-- Ralph Marston
Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/12?/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 11-11-2002, 07:00 AM   #3  

We havea birthday to celebrate this week!

IT'S LDBLOND'S BIRTHDAY THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 14TH!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LARA!

Old 11-11-2002, 09:13 AM   #4  

Default Monday, Monday....

Well, here it is another week.... I am wondering how I am going to manage being good, and resting another whole week. I feel pretty good, and even a bit energetic. Staying home, in bed is getting VERY old..boring as all get out. If I can make it through this week, it will be a miracle. And the doctor thinks I need to spend FOUR more weeks like this?! No way!

I stepped on the scale this morning, to see how I was doing in keeping off the weight I lost while sick. I am still down 7 pounds, which is not too bad, figuring I was barely eating at all, so it was like fasting. I was very good yesterday, and I have switched to snacking on raw vegetables, instead of nuts, or popcorn. Just being bored silly makes me want to nibble all the time. Today, I started back on some of my medications for my metabolic disorder, and I am anxious to see what happens, after being off them for two weeks.

DEB: Thanks for the word on popcorn. I have never heard of the brand you mentioned, but I think Orville Redenbacher has one called SmartPop that is very low fat, etc. I will check it out. I do like popcorn now and then. I guess if it does not become a problem, it might be a nice snack now and then. I too have a tendency to want to eat the whole bag, then fight myself to keep from eating another one....

Guess I will go take a nap. I am not really tired, but everytime I look around, I see something that needs doing.....
Old 11-11-2002, 10:00 AM   #5  
"I'm working on it!"

Angry Monday Morning!

Hi All!

Can't be here too long. I promised to make my mom some curtains and she's coming this afternoon to pick them up. Of course I haven't started making them yet!

Thanks so much to everyone for your input on the banana bread issue. I think I will try making it with ww flour and applesauce to sweeten and then just make myself NOT eat too much. I don't bake a lot--usually in fits and starts. I DO eat bananas once in a while, but I eat them when they have a bit of green still on them. I can't eat them once they get any riper. So as soon as they start to turn, I throw them in the freezer to bake with later. Once they're defrosted, it also gives extra moisture to what I'm making.

Well, the munchie gremlin got me! ALL my fault. I have had chips every night since Friday. Saturday and Sunday my eating was good except for the birthday desserts each night.

Well, today is a new day and a new start! So far, so good. I'm lucky that the scale is only saying 167 today. It could be worse!

MONET--please listen to the doc!!! I know you may be feeling better, but that mono is lingering in your body and if you push yourself too much, you'll have a relapse. It's like when people stop taking their antibiotics before they're supposed to because they feel better. They get sick again real quick. I know it's difficult to stand in the sidelines when your a wife and mom, but you hve to take it easy. Now I'm not saying do absolutely nothing, but maybe just do one little thing a day and gradually build up your stamina. I've known people who've had mono, and they tried getting back into the swing of things too much, too soon and had to start back at square one. I just want you to get well as quick as possible with no relapse.

Ok, I gotta get out of here!
Old 11-11-2002, 10:20 AM   #6  

Good morning all. Well tomorrow I leave for my trip. Hopefully I can post one more time before I go. And then use there computer while I'm there. I bought me a few snacks for the trip. Some peanuts, string cheese and an apple. Hope this all works and I stay on SB while I'm gone. I'm so worried about messing up.

Debilli- I can't believe how much I needed your motivation today. Yes I think its all in the attitude. And right now I need to really have a positive one instead of buckling with pressure of the trip.

Monet- You're sounding lots better. I know how hard that can be when you start getting energy back. I felt that way after heart surgery. Thank goodness for a computer. You may have to start shopping on e-bay or something. LOL.. Good luck. And congrads. on keeping the 7 lbs. off.

Zanne- Glad you figured out a way to do the banana bread. Yum I bet its good....

Well time to make breakfast and get myself cleaned up a bit...

213/161/130
Old 11-11-2002, 10:49 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good mornnig!

Can you believe it..I'm actually here bright and early this morning. Toni...have a fun safe trip. Don't worry about messing up..you will do GREAT.

The weather is da bomb! It's going to be in the mid 70's today so I plan on getting in a nice short walk. The last couple of days the walks have been incredible since I took the pressure off....not worrying how fast or how far. I'm doing about a 14 minute mile. I think my body is already responding well....I"ve slept like you can't imagine. I took Deb's advice and have tried subbing other salty foods for the majority of the chips and it seems to be helping with the cravings. Canned green beans did the trick yesterday. I've always loved em....can't eat just one. Aint that funny. But truthful...I can eat a spoon of ice cream..a chip or two..but I usually eat a half a can of green beans..okay almost the whole can.

I have been a little bummed that the weight is coming off so slow..my fault..but also I think I am at that place. WELL....this morning I was so happy. I pulled the wrong pants out of the closet...one of my tight 9's...29 inch waist...not tight woo hoo!!

Today is burn day if the wind will cooperate..it's been soooo windy the last two days. Any burning would have torched the house..not a good thing..LOL

Well, the kids are doing school and they've noticed I'm not right behind them so I'd better scoot. Have a SUPER week! Today is a new day...grab and go for it! Stay OP and find time to treat yourself...you are worth it.

Love,
Crystle

235/154/140
Old 11-11-2002, 11:01 AM   #8  

Default Good Morning!

Hi! Hope everyone had a great weekend! This past weekend was the first weekend that I did not have any SF ice cream!!! Yea!!! I stayed on plan and had absolutely no junk food (i.e. SF ice cream or SF treats) I'm going to really try and not eat any of that stuff till I reach goal, but that may be impossible during the holidays...I will probably make some SF treat during the holiday season. I also did better on my starchy carbs. The only starchy carbs I had all weekend were (2) SGWW tortillas at Ole Ole for my cheese enchiladas... I had to go over to my boyfriends (Gary's) family's house on Sunday for a get together since his Aunt and Uncle were visiting from Buffalo, NY. They had roast beef, gravy, mashed potatoes, greenbeans, corn, and rolls for dinner. Therefore, I only ate the roast beef and greenbeans. For dessert, they had chocolate mouse pie, pumpkin pie, and pound cake. (It's a big Polish family and they love to eat!!! Anyhow, I did NOT have any dessert either. I drank a diet coke instead. I think I did pretty good with them trying to stuff all that junk down my face. They don't understand why I don't eat sugar anymore and they definitely don't understand why I don't eat potatoes and corn. Cause corn is for cattle and potatoes are for pigs!!!! Anyway, it was a good test for me and I passed with flying colors staying on plan like I wanted to. I'm very proud of myself. Now, I only hope I can do that at Thanksgiving and Christmas. This will be the first holiday season that I don't make myself sick on all that junk and you know what? I think this year will be refreshingly nice. Also, eventhough, I haven't lost anymore weight, I tried on my "skinny" jeans and I actually got them up and zipped (of course while lying on my back on my bed) and then I walked into my daughter's bedroom and said look! I got these old jeans on again! (She thought I was insane in the membrane) I can't sit down or anything in them, but it was just the fact that I could get them on. Each week, I'm going to try them on to keep me motivated. After not breathing for about 3 1/2 minutes, I had to lay down on the bed to unzip them and get them off, but it was fun while it lasted... Also, I am no longer sick and I have to do my Firm workout tonight. It will be hard after taking off a week, but I have to do it!! Also, I got the Gazelle Edge Glider and a new bike in over the weekend, but they are in boxes still since Gary was VERY sick with a bad cold over the weekend and was unable to assemble them for me. I hope to be using those new items next week for variety...I can't wait!!!! Next week, I will be able to do some different kind of exercise every day of the week. Geez, I think I'm toooo spoiled. BUT, making exercise fun is what keeps me motivated to keep doing it. I'm just a kid at heart, that's for sure..

Lara: HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!! Have lot's of fun and party hardy!!

Monet: I'm sorry to hear that you have to stay in bed for 3 more weeks. It's got to be so boring for you to stay in bed all day. Maybe you could take up crocheting or something and make things for Christmas presents while in bed. Then, when x-mas comes, you'll have all your shopping done. What kind of metabolic disorder you have? How does it affect you?

Susanne: Sounds like you only eat green bananas anyhow and I don't see that affecting your weight loss as long as you don't eat them everyday if you know what I mean. As soon as I reach goal, I plan on eating a banana at least once a month! Sorry to hear that the munchie gremlin got you over the weekend. Like you said today is a new day!

Toni: Have a safe and fun trip to see your brother in CO! Don't worry, it won't be too hard to stay on plan...Let me know how the snow is and if you do any skiing.

Jackie: I know that you're not here either this week. You are probably dancing away those pounds on the cruise ship as I'm writing this! You are here in spirit and we are all thinking of you. Look forward to seeing pictures and hearing all about it.

Hope everyone has a great day and talk to you soon!
Old 11-11-2002, 11:23 AM   #9  

Hi again, forgot to read the posts ending from last week! I don't get on the computer during the weekends, so I usually have a lot of catching up to do!

Melf: Today is a NEW day and you can start over and just remember what happened when you went off plan. Don't worry you can get back on track in no time!

Debbie: I wish I could of met you on Sunday at Ole Ole, but Gary's family reunion and us already eating there on Saturday didn't make it feasible. We go almost every weekend, so I'm sure I'll meet you soon. I'm also sorry to hear that you had a "bad" Friday and you were not motivated to exercise. I find sometimes if I'm not feeding my body with healthy foods then I might as well not exercise too. They kind of go hand in hand. Once you start eating healthy and on plan again, your motivation to exercise will also come back. Also, sometimes your body is telling you that you need a break from exercise. Don't fret and you can start all over again this week. I have Open House this Thursday for Amber and they are giving us their report cards when we go. Wish me luck!
Old 11-11-2002, 11:36 AM   #10  

Good morning everybody.

Welcome newbies!!! This is a great place if you haven't already figured that out.

Music Teach - I saw your post Friday night about your high school football team winning. What else would you be doing on a Friday night and the bigger question is why weren't you there!! High school football in Texas is HUGE!!! We were at our game and won 42-10. Lost our kicker though. I'm just hoping he's not out for good. He got hurt before halftime and it's obvious from the rest of the game that we have no depth in the kicking game. Play-offs start this Friday and we play a team that we always lose to. Keeping our fingers crossed for this year, though.

Denise - I had never put the exercise motivation thing and the health food thing together, but what an eye-opener. Thinking back, that is so true. That's part of what makes this board so great, those little moments of "ah-haaa" that we all get sometimes. Thanks!

BOB - What happened to the VOLS!! It was there job to handle Miami for us. The Aggies handled OU and the Horns took care of business on Saturday, so it could have been pretty sweet in the polls today. Oh, well.

I guess I better get to work. Everybody have a terrific day (Country don't ya just love this weather!!).

Trish
Old 11-11-2002, 12:24 PM   #11  

Hey All

Just a real quickie since the computer is free, but I don't have time to post now. I am actually going to the GYN for a checkup. Yes, you read it right, me, going to the Dr! He just may find some cobwebs up there, it's been so long!

Will check in and post later-giving that the computer is free-kids out of school, need I say more?

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 11-11-2002, 12:28 PM   #12  
Goddess

Thumbs down Monday, Monday

Hello Everyone from rainy east central Alabama. It was a rough night with thunderstorms and tornadoes all over the state. I hope all the AL gals are alright this morning!

I spent the weekend mostly in my jammies. I wasn't sick--just exhausted. I didn't even go to the Auburn game because I just couldn't make myself get out of my jammies.

The weekend:

NC State:

Auburn:

UT:

UK/LSU:

This week UGA comes to the plains--I do plan on going to that game!

Alright--no more excuses. My life gets back on an even keel today--and so do my nutritional habits! I still don't have a scale, so I have no idea what my weight is--truth he told, I don't really want to know. I hope to get by Walmart today or tomorrow to take the scale back and get a replacement.

I love Mondays because you can catch up with everyone!

Trish--I hope you are having a great day today!

Denise--Congrats on staying OP this weekend!

Country Mom--Your weather sounds great! It is very icky here today after a somewhat scary night! I like your thoughts for the new week! Keep the faith the weight will come off!

Toni--Have a great trip!

Zanne--Truth be known, I do get a hnskering for bananas every once in a while. I always liked them green, so I don't think they are too bad. I'm seriously thinking about getting a bread machine so I can make some WW rolls to use for my Thanksgiving stuffing.

Monet--you must be feeling better--boredom has set in! It is still important that you not do too much too soon--you will relapse! You need to save your strength because you really do not want to be sick throughout the holidays! Besides--you can get that chef SIL of yours to cook the THanksgiving dinner--and your family to clean up!

Deb--great motovational thoughts for the week! WE still don't have a governor--so I guess I have to take back every snide comment I've ever made about Flordia voters!

Have a great day everyone!

Susan
Old 11-11-2002, 12:54 PM   #13  

Default Back on plan!

Well it IS a brand new week & the scale has been progressively going in the downward position daily. Finally below 140 this am. YEAH!

Debelli, those busicuits every morning really did a job on me. I know that you also will find the strenght to get back OP very soon. What is it that gets into us??? You would think that with as hard as we have fought to get to where we are that we would be more careful but....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LARA! Didn't want to miss wishing you a great week incase I can't get on the board later this week.

Monet 320, So glad to hear that you're feeling better & hope that things continue to improve for you. 4 more weeks that will take alot of will power as you get to feeling better.

Zanne, Good luck with the curtains for your mom. Nothing like a little pressure to get you started eh?

Toni48, good luck with staying OP while you're away. Your snacks sound like a good start. Hope you have a great time!

CountryMom4Him, Sounds like great weather for you. Unfornately it looks like rain here. We've been praying for dry weather so that we can get DD's damaged trailer hauled off & get the land ready for her new home, but the weather is not co-operating at the moment. I hear thunder rolling. Hope you get a good walk in. That's something I need to start doing again, just don't seem to find the time.

Denise1963, I sat here & when I read "corn is for cattle and potatoes are for pigs!!!!" I have a friend that says that about potatoes. Congrats on doing so well at the family meal. That does take alot of will power & you did great! Thanks for the encouragement. I am doing better this week. Just got off course during our trip, but I'm definitely back on track this week.

Trishaloo, Good to see you posting, or maybe I just haven't been seeing you since I have not been able to get to the borad much these days. Anyway, have a great day!

Want to say to all you gals, SEF, Rosalie, Gator, SolShine, Tranquil, Serene & anyone else I may have missed. Hoping that things can get back to near normal around here one of these days so that I can get back here on a regular basis with all you gals. Have a great day all!

Last edited by Melf; 11-11-2002 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-11-2002, 12:58 PM   #14  

Fillise, looks like we were posting at the same time. Sounds like you had a good kind of week-end. Glad your hectic schedule has cleared some & you kind kick back a little.
Old 11-11-2002, 01:03 PM   #15  
Little Engine That Could

Fillise--Hope you have a GREAT Saturday and that the Plainsmen do well. Half the Gators on the Virtual Swamp message board are sporting UA logos next to their name because the Gator nation is pulling for the Tigers.

The Gators team, however, is playing some pathetic football. They squeeked by Vandy and will very possibly lose to SC this week.

Hope everyone has a good week. I played golf this morning and had a good healthy breakfast and a nice lunch: roast beef sandwich on sgww bread with a red grapefruit on the side. Yum. Gotta work out this afternoon with the weights. I'm one of those who finds exercise totally boring, although I do it.
Closed Thread