Old 07-30-2009, 05:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/262.4/188

Height: 5' 5 "

Smile Brand New to 3FC -- need help, pls., to correctly post!

Hi! I'm brand new today and excited to find this site! So I'm posting a new thread as I found that option and wanted to plunge in! Next I'll have to figure out how to post to an existing thread--all advice and help are appreciated on this!!!! I'm feeling very like a newbie!!!

I began trying to lose weight and eat more healthily in May...and...(can't understand this at all!!!) but as of today I have lost over 30 lbs and am more discouraged than on any other day...I think it's because I have sooooo far to go and it's just hitting me! So tips and "get my head on straight" comments would be really helpful. I'm so happy to have found this web site. I've surfed the posts and am encouraged by the great accomplishments you've written about....Great going and good luck to you all. Hope to hear from you!!!!
msmsms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:35 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmsms View Post
Hi! I'm brand new today and excited to find this site! So I'm posting a new thread as I found that option and wanted to plunge in! Next I'll have to figure out how to post to an existing thread--all advice and help are appreciated on this!!!! I'm feeling very like a newbie!!!

I began trying to lose weight and eat more healthily in May...and...(can't understand this at all!!!) but as of today I have lost over 30 lbs and am more discouraged than on any other day...I think it's because I have sooooo far to go and it's just hitting me! So tips and "get my head on straight" comments would be really helpful. I'm so happy to have found this web site. I've surfed the posts and am encouraged by the great accomplishments you've written about....Great going and good luck to you all. Hope to hear from you!!!!

No, no, no. You can NOT let yourself think like that at all. Instead, remind yourself how far you have come! This is all about being healthy and active. It's not a race. Stay focused and committed. You CAN do this
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Welcome! Welcome! You've made great progress, you can do this. It's takes baby steps and commitment. You'll find great support here! Jump right in. It's not to hard to post, just go the bottom of a post and there is a box to start writing in.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:52 PM   #4  

Welcome msmsms. I REALLY new here myself so I won't give you any advice but will say these chicks are awesome!
waquilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:14 PM   #5  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

well, it might take awhile to lose the weight, I feel like that too sometimes I have SO far to go. But, the time will pass whether you are using it wisely or not, so you might as well use that time to get healthy!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:41 PM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi and welcome to an awesome place for advice, encouragement and support.

You are doing fabulously. FABULOUSLY. Why in the world would you be discouraged? Look how far you've already come. You just keep at it and before you know it, you will be another 30 lbs down and then another and then another.....

Check out this thread on how to deal with "impatience":

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...-want-now.html

I look forward to hearing of your continued progress and all the wonderful, life-altering things it brings about.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:44 PM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh and here's a little info on posting:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...ost-reply.html

Post often. Participate. We want you to benefit from this wonderful site and get to know you better. Before you know it, you'll be right in the thick of things.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck! You have lost 30 pounds in about 3 months, That is fantastic.!!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/190

Height: 5'9"

Wow - 30 lbs is very inspiring to me! I can hardly imagine loosing that much, especially in such a short amount of time. Imagine if you hadn't lost any.... Keep going, you can do it!
bcort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:20 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 189/164/115

i can relate to 'i've got such a long way to go.' i especially feel that way now because i've lost and regained the same 20 lbs. over and over. if i had kept at what i was doing the first time i lost weight, i would've been at my goal a long time ago. but the damage has already been done so the only thing one can do is start again and stick to it, which i'm gonna do this time around. i'm new here too, so i don't have any tips or anything yet, but i just wanna wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey!
JureeRu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:59 AM   #11  
Slow and Steady

Height: 5' 9"

30 lbs is AMAZING! One of the girls here made a great suggestion about comparing your weight loss to something tangible, like 5 lb bags of sugar. That's 6 bags! Next time you're shopping, take a good hard look at 6 bags of sugar. Huge!

As for how far you have to go, try to set mini-goals for yourself. 5-10 pounds at a time is much less overwhelming than looking at the big picture. Just keep doing what you're doing, putting one foot in front of the other every day, and you'll get there. You're doing Great!!
AbbySinthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:00 AM   #12  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Congratulations on the 30 lb weight loss! That is AWESOME! You're doing so great!! I'm so happy for you!!
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:37 AM   #13  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to the board.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:57 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

Welcome, you have done such a great job already, just a pound at a time baby!
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote