Old 07-30-2009, 12:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/220/162

Height: 5'6

Default Newbie questions!

Hi!

I'm now reading the SBD, but there are a lot (And I do really mean a LOT) of things that I can't find in my country, or they are veeeery expensive, like the salmon; besides that, I spend all of my day at college - that is located 2 hours away from home- starting from 7 am to 6 pm and I don't have the money or the time for doing all of that things that the books sugests to do.

Can you guys tell me cheap methods to lose weight effectively??

Another thing, drinking cold water is bad??
KaryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 308/244/199

Height: 5'6''

Drinking cold water is fine... I don't know where you got that from.

But anyway, I follow the food pyramid as my 'diet'. Like... to the T. I just buy things from the outside aisles at the store. Like produce, meat, dairy, grains, etc. Nothing prepared or boxed. I only spend about $30 a week on food.
ChristiMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 298/288/135

Height: 5'3

from what I've read cold water is actually better for you because you burn more calories to warm up the cold water...

could be a myth but it makes sense to me

I too follow the food pyramid, processed food is not good for you. when cooking with whole foods be careful of the spices and sauses you use as you could end up using a lot of calories there
newfette is offline   Reply With Quote