Old 07-27-2009, 07:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 161.5/153/145

Height: 5'3"

Default Bad Day - No Lunch

Hi, I'm new and this is my first post. I had a perfect day planned out today but turned out not so great. I was running around town and planned to come back to the house to eat lunch. I took a HNS drink with me incase I ran out of time. While I was getting my nails done, I got a phone call that I had to go into work. I planned on having lunch after my nails. I figured I was going to be at work for a short time and that I would eat lunch afterwards. I forgot my drink in the car and was at work for two hours. Needless to say, I didn't get my drink nor my lunch.

My concern is, how much is this going to effect me on my program?
gingergayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/275/170

Height: 5'5"

I don't think missing one meal will hurt you in the long run. Just don't make a habit of it because on MRC's plan your daily caloric intake is already pretty low. Keep a meal replacement bar or something similar in your purse for situations like that when you can't get a real meal.
RachelOnADiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:02 AM   #3  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Rachel's right but you will learn how to plan to this. Not just now when you are losing weight, but we need to realize to keep the weight off, we need to get regular sustenance - breakfasts are the hardest for me to eat in time but I have trouble with lunches going undone also. At least drink the HNS! Hunger can cause poor decisions!
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:08 AM   #4  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

This has probably happened to a lot of people. I keep a bar and some of the HNS drinks in my desk at work for anytime I am forced out of my routine. It definitely can have an impact on losing if it happens very often, but you might not see any effects from this missed lunch. You had a plan, other things just got in the way.
TeresaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 161.5/153/145

Height: 5'3"

Thank you ladies for the thoughts. I did notice today, at my weigh-in, that I was out of my ketosis zone. I use to keep meal replacement bars in my bag but it was getting warm and soft, I think I will have to put one in again with a drink package.

Thank you again.
gingergayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:43 AM   #6  
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

I keep a box of hns and a box of bars in my desk in my office. I keep one of each in my car in the winter, but that's not feasible in the summer. I used to do the purse thing, too, but it doesn't work in the summer.

In my experience, it doesn't hurt the weight loss, only if it causes me to be super hungry and consequently make poor decisions. You don't want to do it if you can help it, though. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
tkdtara84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

If you find yourself out without a meal replacement bar and no lunch. Try consulting the list for fast food ideas. Almost everyone has a chicken salad and fat free dressing. Might have more salt then you like or more carbs in dressing but take fat and carb blocker. I keep mine with me for those last minute issues. McDonalds has apple dippers, minus the dip sauce so you can get all your lunch there. Good luck!
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote